Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Zola's done great with young players, yeah, but he's not quite done as well as Moyes has with limited resources and a very limited squad.

Redknapp is nowhere near either of them for the sheer fact that he's had a lot of money to spend, more than a lot of managers in the division this year.

Ye but Ramos spent a lot of money and did nothing with them. Redknapp has done wonders with Spurs, and should be nominated, along with Rafa, Moyes, and Fergie

Redknapp's main achievement with Spurs seems to have been that he made a bunch of good players who were suddenly and inexplicably shit play as well as they ought to have done all along. Plus several big signings (/re-signings) helped smooth things over...

Perhaps a candidate for nomination, but I wouldn't pick him over Zola or Moyes.

Edited by stokeriño

Roy Hodgson, clearly :-/

I'd support Hodgson actually, even moreso if he can steal 7th place.

Naturally, I'd be pulling the Hodgson wagon, but the guy has been exceptional for us. We were the favourite Premiership outside of the 3 promoted teams to go down, and if we get a UEFA spot, then he should definitely get a look in.

Whilst we're speaking about Fulham, I'm suprised Hangleland hasn't been mentioned as a potential nominee for POTY. He perhaps doesn't deserve to win it but he's got to be close to the best 6 performers of the year, right?

His name has been bandied about by some news sources before the nominations were announced, and I have to believe its because Fulham are relatively 'unfashionable' that he didn't get a look in. We shipped goals for fun last year, and until recently, and mostly because of Hangeland, we have had one of the meaner defences in the league.

But yeah, I'm a Fulham fan, so a little bias. Would have been nice to see though.