Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

• Admin
David Dunn is, or was at the very least, a big headed cunt as soon as he got a bit of fame. Especially when he got his one England cap, after that he went downhill fast trying all these tricks and flicks in games which did us fuck all. Souness getting rid of him and for a good price considering his injury record was a great bit of business. Yet, you can't say shit about him with most Rovers fans because Dunn was a Blackburn fan as a kid.

:angry:

Tottenham's goalless draw at Everton was overshadowed by the tragedy that has hit their midfielder Wilson Palacios, following the discovery of a body believed to be that of his kidnapped younger brother.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp confirmed Palacios had flown home to Honduras following the apparent death of his teenage brother Edwin, who had been kidnapped in 2007 and held to ransom.

Palacios, a £14million signing from Wigan in January, left the Spurs team hotel in Liverpool at 7am ahead of their 0-0 draw with Everton, when news filtered through from his homeland that his brother's body had been found.

Redknapp said: "The lad had heard from his family at about one in the morning what had happened, and his brothers I believe have identified the body.

"But he sat around the hotel lobby with his case packed until 7am because he didn't want to wake me.

"I'm amazed with him. But we organised for him to be driven back to London so he could get a flight home.

"Things like that bring everything into focus. I believe the boy had been kidnapped and a ransom had been paid but he had not been released."

Spurs' point keeps them in the hunt for seventh place in the Barclays Premier League, but Redknapp was more concerned with Palacios.

He said: "You couldn't wish for a more calm and likeable lad, football is not really that important after this."

:(

So I'm looking at the bottom of the table, and... my God it's close down there. Unfortunately, it's very likely to stay exactly the way it is.

Hull aren't getting any more points (Bolton away and Man United? I think not). Very dodgy position for them, but they'll survive.

Newcastle are unlikely to get more than three points, possibly only one (Boro at home, Fulham at home and Villa away). A win over Boro could potentially save them and relegated Hull on goal difference, but Newcastle/Boro has DRAW written all over it in big letters.

Boro are all-but relegated thank God (Newcastle away, Villa home, West Ham away). I can't see them getting three at Newcastle, and they definately won't get three anywhere else.

That leaves West Brom. Liverpool at home, with Liverpool absolutely desperate for a win, looks impossible, but a draw isn't entirely out of the question given the fact that it's West Brom. Three points away at Blackburn is possible (given that they just beat Wigan 3-1), and 4 points would save them and relegate Hull.

So it's Hull or West Brom along with Newcastle and Middlesbrough, in my book. I'll go:

Hull

----

West Brom

Newcastle

Middlesbrough

Edited by Farmer Reil

So Ledley King has been arrested. Fackin stay off the booze, lads.

Footballer King 'held on assault'

England footballer Ledley King has been arrested outside a nightclub in central London on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm, the BBC understands.

The Tottenham Hotspur captain had played in the club's Premier League game against Everton on Saturday.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "A 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of ABH following an allegation of assault by a man in his 20s."

He said the man was arrested in Soho Street at about 0230 BST.

The spokesman said: "The 28-year-old man remains in custody. Charing Cross CID are investigating.

"The man was arrested after a routine patrol was flagged down."

Mr King has 19 international caps and was in the England squad for the 2004 European Championship. He has appeared more than 250 times for Tottenham and played the whole 90 minutes of the team's 0-0 draw with Everton on Saturday.

Well, he's not been offered a new contract. He's hardly been getting the minutes he wants and deserves.

If he stays at Man U.. he'd be stupid.

Well, he's not been offered a new contract. He's hardly been getting the minutes he wants and deserves.

If he stays at Man U.. he'd be stupid.

Didn't Ferguson point out a week or so ago that Tevez has played more minutes this season than Rooney AND Berbatov?

Ok, maybe he hasn't played in some of the big games, but I'm sure it was also stated than when he did, Utd lost anyway...like Liverpool away this season.