And I thought I was sad...

PkmnTrainerJ

So, today I was at a Pokémon event, and being 21 I suppose I should feel embarassed or something but meh. I saw people there a lot older than me anyways, but then there was a woman who was in her early 30s/late 20s and she mentioned she was obsessed with Celebi and showed off a Celebi tattoo that she had on her leg, so it seemed alright, but bordering on a bit too much. Then she mentioned that her daughter (who was about two) was named Celebi as well.

SHE NAMED HER FUCKING DAUGHTER AFTER A POKéMON!

She is gonna get so fucking tortured when she starts school. Surely it borders on child abuse?

Anyways, any stories people wish to share of crazy or equally obsessive gamers?

My mind is kinda blown that there is even such a thing as a Pokemon event.

Most sane people stopped attending them after the Pokecraze died. I had a friend who, when we were 13/14, would go to Pokemon events in a nearby city every weekend - the next year he stopped going because he outgrew it.

And when do I get one? :pervert:

And Celebi's decent for a name. It sounds like celebrity, luckily Pokémon isn't the cool topic in the playground anymore, so I don't think she'd get much abuse. One of my friends named her daughter Aowyn (after the elf in LOTR). I thought that was a joke at first. Boy, did I feel awkward when I realised no one was laughing with me.

Edited by The Kraig

And when do I get one? :pervert:

And Celebi's decent for a name. It sounds like celebrity, luckily Pokémon isn't the cool topic in the playground anymore, so I don't think she'd get much abuse. One of my friends named her daughter Aowyn (after the elf in LOTR). I thought that was a joke at first. Boy, did I feel awkward when I realised no one was laughing with me.

For a start, it's Eowyn ¬_¬ Secondly, she's not an elf, she's Theoden's niece. But other than that, it's a decent Celtic-sounding name. If Tolkien hadn't written Lord of the Rings, nobody would think anything of it. But they'd still think Celebi was fucking stupid if Pokemon didn't exist. ¬_¬

I know a Lorien, possibly named after the forest. I don't consider that 'going too far' though, because they're good names. Rather than calling your kid Celebi or Gyardos. But hey, it's their kid.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Gyrados would be a fucking awesome name.

I'd just name two sons Gary and a Spanish number just so I could have Gary Uno and Gary Dos :shifty:

Never subject a child to being called 'Gary' :shifty: