Marvel and DC Animated Films/Television Shows

Benji

I came into this thread (after I found out it existed) to ask Cloudy if he likes Young Justice after I caught the tail-end of an episode and it seemed pretty cool. So, um, now I don't really need to ask. So, instead I'll say that I remember really liking the MTV Spiderman, but I have no idea why.

Just, you know, thought I'd continue the conversation Benji started four years ago.

X-Men Evolution, I used to find Shadowcat arousing.

Thank You,I though I was the only one.Anyway has anyone watched the animated Thor movie?(the one where he is still a kid)because I did and It sucks.

As for my favorites Hulk vs is very good and the best is Batman TAS.

I'm really getting annoyed with how much CN jerks Young Justice around on the schedule. Season 1 had two giant gaps in it with no explanation - just one day "hey, Young Justice!" and the next week "hey, a rerun/some other show/a movie at 9:00AM!" Same deal with Season 2. There was a 3 month gap (May, then a new episode in September) and now this week's episode was pre-empted by How To Train Your Dragon, and the premiere date has changed to "sometime in 2013". Seriously, CN, fucking quit it. At least the latest episode was released on iTunes, so I don't have to wait until 2013 to see it - but I still have to wait until "sometime in 2013" to see the rest of the season. Damnit.

It's a standalone, I thought.

Also, as much as people hate on them for their art style I love the new Spectacular Spider-Man TV series and The Batman. I can easily forgive the weird art on Spec Spidey since mah booooooi Greg Weisman is helming that.

Granted this is going back a bit and using a lot of hindsight but I really see nothing but praise for Spectacular Spiderman(the same spidey fans that shit all over ultimate spidey hold spectacular up as a high mark for the character in animated form). Maybe it got better/people got used to it as time went on.

Batman the dark knight returns part 1 was pretty awesome. It sucks though because part 2 doesnt come out until winter 2013 apparently

It's weird, because they've already put out previews for it... it's so strange that it'll take that long to come out. I can't wait for Ben from Lost playing The Joker! In the preview, he sounded fantastic.

Batman the dark knight returns part 1 was pretty awesome. It sucks though because part 2 doesnt come out until winter 2013 apparently

Is that the one that's abnormally violent? Or am I thinking of Gotham Knight? Whichever one it was, we put it on at work thinking it'd be good to demonstrate Blu-ray screen quality and got in trouble for all the violence.

It's a standalone, I thought.

Also, as much as people hate on them for their art style I love the new Spectacular Spider-Man TV series and The Batman. I can easily forgive the weird art on Spec Spidey since mah booooooi Greg Weisman is helming that.

Granted this is going back a bit and using a lot of hindsight but I really see nothing but praise for Spectacular Spiderman(the same spidey fans that shit all over ultimate spidey hold spectacular up as a high mark for the character in animated form). Maybe it got better/people got used to it as time went on.

I don't really get your point. All I said was that people disliked Spec Spidey because of the art style, which is true - if I went back to 2008 and read reviews of Spec Spidey, the #1 criticism would be the art style. In terms of storytelling and everything else, Spec was an absolutely great show.

Ultimate, however, is filled with corny, cringeworthy jokes (even for Spider-Man), a subpar story, and a bunch of episodes that amount to "Here! Here's Spidey teaming up with a random hero!" That would work if the show held the same charm as Batman: The Brave & The Bold, but it doesn't. And it just doesn't hold up at all.

It's weird, because they've already put out previews for it... it's so strange that it'll take that long to come out. I can't wait for Ben from Lost playing The Joker! In the preview, he sounded fantastic.

Mark Hammill's not playing the Joker? Why?!

Hamill himself said that after Arkham City, he was done voicing Joker.

I liked Michael Emerson in the brief bit of dialogue he had in part 1 of DKR.

And he was supposed to be done after the first one, but liked the story of City. It's weird though - he said doing the voice hurts him, but he continues to do similar sounding voice work on Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.

I thought DiMaggio did a perfectly respectable Joker though. I wish he would've stuck around for it.