Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's underneath 'Get Team Report' and 'Get Team Talk Report' in the assistant thingy. Basically you can select a position, and your assistant will give you a list of available, interested loan signings.

You know, as opposed to the transfer market filters, which gives you hundreds... half of which are shite and the other half would never sign for you in a hundred years. The assistant actually comes up with a reasonable list of players who'd benefit your squad and will agree to the loan. I'm sure you could find some better signings manually, but from the ones I've tried so far, with various clubs at different levels, it seems pretty good.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Loans are great this year to be honest, you can get pretty much anyone, as long as you pay the up front fee his team asks for, got vela on loan for the season for £3.5m upfront, totally worth it as he is tearing other teams apart, and by the end of the season, price money and stuff that he has helped me win, will go towards buying him, as it will be much easier because he has played for me.

Cant wait until friday for this!!

Anyone who has played the demo can answer this, I was told that the Media play a huge part before and after games, which I think is cool but is it the same questions constantly ?

"So (insert player) got injured today will he be missed?"

Response

"(insert player) is an important part of the team but I feel we have adequete cover"

Every week! Argh!

Cant wait until friday for this!!

Anyone who has played the demo can answer this, I was told that the Media play a huge part before and after games, which I think is cool but is it the same questions constantly ?

"So (insert player) got injured today will he be missed?"

Response

"(insert player) is an important part of the team but I feel we have adequete cover"

Every week! Argh!

I recommend you download the demo and check it works on your PC, there are a number of people having compatibility issues with their graphics cards.

But yeah, before and after games (I think it's every game) there are press conferences which build on the media aspect. It tells you how many people are present and you can build up relationships with journalists over time depending on your answers. It's not the same questions every time, and after a certain amount of questions you can say you don't want to answer any more, or you can storm out at any time. You can even offer no comment to any or all of them if you want.

Alternatively, you can send your assistant manager to do them if you want. I guess it depends on his stats as to how he answers the questions, but I've had no problems for when I send him.

I've previously had problems running FM but I'm getting a new laptop soon. The specifications are:

2GHz dual core processor

3GB memory

160GB HDD

Is that enough?

I've got a 2Ghz dual core and 2Gb RAM and I have no problems running the 2009 demo. It's the graphics card that people seem to be having issues with, do you know what one is on that laptop?

See my old computer could run one country perfectly fine but I don't want one country. I want lots. Is that possible with my new laptop? If not I'll just go back to CM 01/02 and be perfectly happy.

Yep, you'll be able to run a good few countries at once with those specs. Although if I remember right, doesn't the game recommend how many you should be able to run smoothly?

But as mentioned, it's the graphics card situation that could stop you from playing the game at all. The inclusion of the 3D engine has meant they've had to code all the game graphics differently and it seems to be disagreeing with a few people's graphics cards. SI reckon the patch they'll have out on Friday should fix those issues though.

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for preordering Football Manager 2009 from GAME.co.uk.

You'll be pleased to hear we are currently preparing your order to ship out for release.

We have been informed by SEGA that as part of their new anti-piracy measures the game will NOT install until Midnight on the 14th of November, which is the game's release date. (Midnight between the Thursday 13/11 and Friday 14/11)

This unfortunately means that any copies which arrive prior to this date will not be playable until then.

This software relies on an internet connection to verify the release date, however players without an internet connection can call 0-808-120-3655 at midnight in order to unlock the game.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope you realise the matter is entirely out of our control, and affects every copy of the game.

Kind Regards,

The TeamGAME.co.uk

:@