Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Im at City but seem to have far too much cash than will ever be needed! im currently 6 mil below my wage budget and i have about 3-4 mil used atm :S

Its not a feeder club as such i cant remember which one of the options it is :S

But ive personally never liked Shaun wright phillips so flogged hims econd season Michael johnson was used up until the start of this season were i got fabregas and ronaldo, Joe hart got bought by i believe united and i got Ben foster on a free, but he complained about not being first team so i had to let him leave. I got a good 18 year old keeper coming through after i poached him from newcastle youth system :) but for now i got 3 years left on givens contract that will do as a back up till this youngster has time to progress a bit.

But still CB's are just impossible for me to find, Ive tried going for english, i had Taylor from newcastle and Ledley king in at certain points but neither of which were worth keeping, i tried 4-5 different players from argentina and brazil, none of those worked, in the end Stuck with kompany (who i cant say has been terrible just not great either) and richards, and bought in the tried and tested ramos.

So ide like to replace kompany but wouldnt have a clue who with.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ughh, why is there no fair play on this game? Alex was down on my area so Gomes just clears to Pavlyuchenko who's 5 meters behind my defensive line, but since I had a player lying there, there was no offside call. In the end they ruined my chances of a comeback and end up destroying me with the momentum.

Started the season in a very crappy way, lost 2 and drew 2. We're touted as favorites to win League 2, but I couldn't buy a win. Then we won and we haven't stopped since. I'm currently in 7th after 9 games. I got tons of free signings that were scouted as being good players for Championship sides, so they should be great for a league 2 team. I think after we gel we'll become unstoppable.

I fired one of my fitness coaches who I signed just 6 months ago to replace him with Didier Zokora (H)

So far I've got Zokora, Edman and King (plus Tim Sherwood still) as ex-players in my coaching ranks. I also tried to bring in Woodgate but he's not interested as he's the manager of Maidstone <_<

Edit: And I just signed Teemu Tainio to be my set pieces coach (H)

And Ricardo Rocha as a general youth coach as he has 19 for mental and working with youngsters, so he'll hopefully get them mentally prepared. Tried to get Lee Young-Pyo as well but he's Seoul manager at the moment.

Edited by Zaz

Elsewhere!:

- Sami Hyypia is assistant manager at Chelsea after being a youth coach both there and previously Man City.

- van Bronckhorst, Daniel Jensen and Yossi Benayoun are youth coaches at Chelsea

- Brett Emerton is a youth coach at Everton

- Michael Ballack is a youth coach at Liverpool

- Gary Speed is a coach at Charlton, with previous gigs at Man Utd and Plymouth (both as youth coaches)

- Gary Neville is Crystal Palace manager

- Phil Neville is Bury assistant manager

- Tony Hibbert is a youth coach at Oldham

- Frederick Ljungberg is QPR manager

- Dominic Matteo and Jason Koumas are coaches at Stoke

- Nicky Butt is a youth coach at Watford

Find the Liverpool/Chelsea staff switches pretty funny there.

And just had my first draw in the PL season so far (only other was 0-0 away to Roma in the Champions League) after 25 games. 2-2 away to Portsmouth after being up 2-0 :@

And only because in the last few minutes the ball went up into the air in my box and my 190cm keeper Rene Adler trying to catch it was outjumped by a 35 year old 171cm tall Jermain Defoe trying to header it :@

Edited by Zaz

Into my third season as manager of Killie (Holiday mode isn't cheating remember <_<)

Remember the huge loan that was destroying the football club? Well by selling a player for £2.5m I managed to get out of debt... and have remained out of debt for two seasons :D

Half the Killie team I started with is no more, whether it be leaving on a free thanks to being unable to accept a contract by me (like Danny Invincible :( ), or where I managed to get a stupid amount out of an average player, (got rid of Alan Combe for 250k and Craig Bryson for £2.9m) With Bryson I really wanted him to stay... but he was running out of his contract, and that much for a player with 7 months left on a contract is some deal.

Saying that, my transfers lately have been stupidly shrewd. I got Ben Alwick on a free from Spurs, and already he's proving far better than Combe ever was, the rest of my free players I cannot talk about considering I can't remember most of them... they're from the catacombs of the Liverpool youth system and names seem to flow together once you have a few of them >_<

I'm slowly climbing the league with each season: started with 10th, then got 9th, now am currently undefeated 7 games in at 2nd. My players just seem to get slightly better each season.

Here's a random question to all you FM players: Do you use scouts at lower level clubs? I think I've used my scout once... and that was to get a player worth 200k for just 1k... only to then live upto the value i'd bought him for >_<

I started a game as Man City last night to try a game with a team with a bit of money to spend. I'm debating a move for a centre-back so I can play Richards on the right. The other alternative is to stick with Zabalyeta or Onuoura at right back and keep Richards and Dunne at centre back, but I'd still want a new centre-back as cover.

I'm thinking of trying to off-load Kompany and Hamann as I don't need the numbers, and Bellamy and Benjani are injured so i can't tell if they're good or not.

Fingers crossed I'm bringing Vagner Love in, and hopefully a left winger. Beyond that I'm just gonna do what I always do with surplus money and that is sign a lot of young players for nominal transfer fees and see who develops. Those that don't I'll try and sell on for profit.

I started a game as Man City last night to try a game with a team with a bit of money to spend. I'm debating a move for a centre-back so I can play Richards on the right. The other alternative is to stick with Zabalyeta or Onuoura at right back and keep Richards and Dunne at centre back, but I'd still want a new centre-back as cover.

I'm thinking of trying to off-load Kompany and Hamann as I don't need the numbers, and Bellamy and Benjani are injured so i can't tell if they're good or not.

Fingers crossed I'm bringing Vagner Love in, and hopefully a left winger. Beyond that I'm just gonna do what I always do with surplus money and that is sign a lot of young players for nominal transfer fees and see who develops. Those that don't I'll try and sell on for profit.

Yes Vagner Love is amazing, my assistant says he's actually better than Robinho. I'd stick Richards on the right side, because he's at his best there (light green). I had a hard time finding a decent centre back and ended up buying Jagielka for around 7m and he has been great so far. I usually play Kompany and Jagielka in the back, although sometimes Dunne replaces Kompany. I wouldn't off-load Kompany, because he's actually better than Dunne, in my game he's wanted by Man Utd and Chelsea which says enough about his potential. Hamann is shit though, I agree.

I would watch out with Benjani, because one of the clauses in his contract is that you have to pay something like 1.7m every 10 games he plays for Man City to Portsmouth, which is bollocks for a player of his ability. So when he got fit I immediately sold him to Valencia, I'm not prepared to pay so much for him. Bellamy is quite poop too and I sold him to Sunderland.

I'm just about to start a Journeyman game with most of the Euro leagues on. Wish my processor luck :P

I'm just about to start a Journeyman game with most of the Euro leagues on. Wish my processor luck :P

"Football Manager is running dangerously low on memory"

A combination of small database and only use the top divisions in most leagues has seen it run okay. I went with the history of International footballer so as to definitely get offered something.

And I am now manager of....

FC UTRECHT.

Let's see how this goes.

"Football Manager is running dangerously low on memory"

A combination of small database and only use the top divisions in most leagues has seen it run okay. I went with the history of International footballer so as to definitely get offered something.

And I am now manager of....

FC UTRECHT.

Let's see how this goes.

Hehe Utrecht in the Eredivisie. A fairly high league to start in, but Utrecht doesn't really have a good team. Only player with a bit potential is Barry Maguire.

In response to the early question - I always use scouts no matter how bad my team is, because at really low levels, for example Blue Square, they can look out some excellent players on free transfers that I really can't be bothered finding.

I started unemployed (as usual) in my first game in the FM09. Got a job at Persita in the top league in Indonesia. Relegation was expected, did a lot of changes to the squad as you're only allowed five foreign players and the wage budget was shit. Was doing pretty well, knocked out in the cup by a team from the same division, usually one or two places above the relegation zone.

January came and went, everything seemed pretty good considering I had no money and not much time to do anything, and we were still going to stay up, then I get sacked after not winning for eight games (but we drew most of them, and the losses weren't heavy/deserved). Was sacked in February. They have since been relegated, coming last in the league (dropping 5 places since they sacked me).

In short: Indonesian football can suck my balls. And they have stupid names. Also, the fact that foreign players can NEVER naturalise makes the five foreigner rule really lame. But what was I expecting? It's Indonesia.

I'm currently trying to get a new job. All clubs keep laughing off my interest (I'm not even aiming that high), and I applied for Team Bath and seem to be wanted by Neath (Welsh Prem). Hopefully I can get an international role as well. I always do relatively well as national manager in older games (Saudi Arabia, Vanuatu, Ghana, etc).

Edited by The Kraig

So my Wycombe games has to be placed on hold due to my laptop monitor freaking out on me and not working (have to ship it out tomorrow and in a completely unrelated note, the Toshiba people are about the nicest customer people I've ever dealt with). Using the downstairs computer which used to be my computer, but I uninstalled Steam before moving it downstairs, so right now I'm in the process of downloading FM again.

We drew Arsenal in the FA Cup 3rd round and the amount of money I received from the gates put me at about 100K in the bank. I'm currently in 6th and vying for a play-off spot, I play Crewe next, but I have to wait until I get my laptop back to play that game. I was really excited about it, my squad was virtually injury-free and my 2 French wingers are playing out of their minds.

In closing, I can't wait until I get my laptop back. Oh and Nottm Forrest are currently 2nd in the Premiership after being promoted last season, I thought that was pretty cool.

Gary Neville is ruining everything I worked hard to build at United, they are struggling at 15th place right now(I could potentially catch them and leap over them if I win my next two games)and he's sold most of the good youth players I bought through. He's also sold Mikael Chretien to Real and is persisting with O'Shea at right back while David Santon is wasting away in the reserves!

Can anyone direct me in the direction of Kit graphics for lower league teams in England? I've tried Susie, but they've only got the ones for the Premiership. Thanks a lot in advance.

Yes Vagner Love is amazing, my assistant says he's actually better than Robinho. I'd stick Richards on the right side, because he's at his best there (light green). I had a hard time finding a decent centre back and ended up buying Jagielka for around 7m and he has been great so far. I usually play Kompany and Jagielka in the back, although sometimes Dunne replaces Kompany. I wouldn't off-load Kompany, because he's actually better than Dunne, in my game he's wanted by Man Utd and Chelsea which says enough about his potential. Hamann is shit though, I agree.

I would watch out with Benjani, because one of the clauses in his contract is that you have to pay something like 1.7m every 10 games he plays for Man City to Portsmouth, which is bollocks for a player of his ability. So when he got fit I immediately sold him to Valencia, I'm not prepared to pay so much for him. Bellamy is quite poop too and I sold him to Sunderland.

Ha, I'm already negotiating with Super Jags.

Beat West Brom 4-0 on opening day thanks to Robinho and Love scoring 2 each.