Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Which is the best update for FM to get it up to date? I know of at least three, (ADDM on Susie, FMFormation and FMUPDATE on Susie), so I'm just wondering what people have been using and what is the best?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So i am buying this new player and the first thing he dos is injure himself in a frindly match to be out for 8 Month. Wen he finaly comes back (basicly the first day he is back in training) he becomes unhappy because he never played. I shot him with my in game pump gun, now i am in court.

I am having big problems keeping my team happy. I buy good players for little monney and end up with everybody requesting to get soled by december... wich obviusly i can´t do so everybody is pissed of. :-/

See, this is why I haven't signed Salomon Kalou. He's been on a rolling contract with Chelsea for 3 months, and is refusing to sign a new one with them unless they deem him to be a 'Key Player'. I could easily snap him up for free if I set him as a 'Key Player'...but given that he'd inevitably be behind Ashley Young, Andrei Arshavin, Theo Walcott and Pablo Aimar in the wingers' pecking order, he'd be unhappy before the year is out.

I am at Wacker Burghausen, a very smal german Team i picked up in the 3. League... it was all fine until i moved up to the first League. I doubt it´s a problem with their contracts... the just smell fame and glory wen a bigger club offers to buy them, but i can´t let them go. :-(

I am at Wacker Burghausen, a very smal german Team i picked up in the 3. League... it was all fine until i moved up to the first League. I doubt it´s a problem with their contracts... the just smell fame and glory wen a bigger club offers to buy them, but i can´t let them go. :-(

They'll be pissed for a few months and then suddenly they realize they are actually having fun again, it's a bit lame. I think you'll have to let one or two go though and accept that you'll be fighting relegation for 1 or 2 seasons.

I haven't come across the homefield advantage thing. I do tend to give up a goal in either extra time before the half or end of the game. Even if my defense is on their asses every other second, if the other team is going to score, it'll always be in extra time.

Do you switch tacticks during the game? Wen i had this problem it helped a lot doing more than just exchangeing players. The oponent obviusly is going more on atack, so you set your guys a bit deeper, tell them to wast some time, play slower, look out to counter atack ect.

When playing at home and away the team talk options are different. I prefer to say 'do it for the fans' when we're at home and 'you can win today' when we're away. That's got me the best results so far.

I began a new game on my new PC. I always start as unemployed with no experience, so you imagine how shocked I was when I got offered the Azerbaijan job! Sure the teams sucks hard, but it gave me a 'regional' reputation within two months (even though I lost twice and drew twice). Got the job at Dundela in the Northern Irish 3rd tier, who are meant to be 2nd, but are sitting 8th. Should be fun.

I love my Arsenal team. Wheater and Metzelder are giants in defence. Gallas, Vermaelen and Silvestre hate them for being so good. Nasri is... stealing the show. Arshavin, van Persie, Walcott... all playing well, but Nasri is in great form so far. Eduardo is getting goals, but no other out and out striker is. I think one more player in - a great striker - and I'll hold my position at the top of the table.