Guest Mr. Potato Head

Summer 2008  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What was the song?

• I Kissed A Girl
    • All Summer Long
    • Other (what?)

Guest Mr. Potato Head

There's always a summer song. Umbrella. Hey There Delilah. Complicated. :shifty:

What was it in 2008?

My vote goes to 'All Summer Long' simply because it was all over the place...rock, top 40, country, all radio stations everywhere. The only times I heard "I Kissed A Girl" were when I was in my sister's car.

All Summer Long is an abomination.

Agreed, and it got overkilled in the process. This song was everywhere, even on the Clear Channel abomination of soft rock up here between the early 80s Madonna and Jordin Sparks.

Seriously, the ghosts of the dead members of Skynrd should haunt this bastard for raping Sweet Home Alabama.

As for that other song I Kissed a Girl, I don't believe I ever heard it. So my suggestion for song of the summer: The Day That Never Comes

I've managed to successfully avoid anything by Kid Rock this year. I'm so proud of myself, so I haven't heard this new song - but I assume I'll hate it like the rest.

I Kissed A Girl is quite catchy and funky. But yeah... probably the song I've abused over the summer period could be "Mountains" by Biffy Clyro. It's been completely and utterly hammered for months now and I still think it's fantastic, so I guess that would be my song of the summer.

Then just anything by The Gaslight Anthem or anything Brian Fallon touches (This Charming Man, Brian Fallon & CRT) has been listened to relentlessly this summer as well. But it was the same story in spring, and last winter. And ever since I first heard The Gaslight Anthem in general..