Gears of War 2

King Ellis

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever been to a midnight launch? I am tempted to go out and check out the gears launch and pick it up. Anything special go on?

Well, I basically went up and down the shop handing out free t shirts and beanies and wielding the replica gold lancer, which was ace. Not as much interest as we hoped though, we had everyone served in about half an hour.

Had a lot of fun in our Horde session earlier, even if it proved troublesome. Seems like it will take a bit of time and effort to reach 50.

Done a little bit of story now and it's not really grabbing me. It seems a little too hectic and absurd in places.

Does this mean you're gonna buy some gold time or are you gonna make another fake account for the free month? <_<

Just to elaborate on my thoughts on the campaign from before, not so much spoilers to the story, more the general tone of the game:

As Zan was saying yesterday, it is alot more epic but, I dunno, just kinda feels weird. In comparison to the first game where you might only see one of the big monsters every once in a while, now you seem to get them every five minutes. I understand this meant to be more of a war now, hence all the soilders on your side (even if your party is the only group who seems to survive half the damn time) and they are obviously gonna be sending all their big guys after you. It's just, there doesn't seem to be an oppurtunity to let each fight be absorbed.

Does this mean you're gonna buy some gold time or are you gonna make another fake account for the free month? <_<

Just to elaborate on my thoughts on the campaign from before, not so much spoilers to the story, more the general tone of the game:

As Zan was saying yesterday, it is alot more epic but, I dunno, just kinda feels weird. In comparison to the first game where you might only see one of the big monsters every once in a while, now you seem to get them every five minutes. I understand this meant to be more of a war now, hence all the soilders on your side (even if your party is the only group who seems to survive half the damn time) and they are obviously gonna be sending all their big guys after you. It's just, there doesn't seem to be an oppurtunity to let each fight be absorbed.

I'll probably buy some gold time with my next student loan ¬_¬

I love the game. Completed it on Normal mode with minimal deaths.

Most of my deaths came from the vehicle parts, in which the controls are horrible, like the reaver chase, or the breaking ice bit, and the bit on Betty where they don't really tell you to kill the driver of the other vehicle very clearly, as you're rabidly trying to fend off boarders. Otherwise, it's non-stop awesome on cmapaign! I loved it. I'm glad they didn't bring back Lambent Wretches. A lot less Theron Guards as well (and their Torque Bows).

Multiplayer has been improved so much, I love it. I really hated GOW's multiplayer, as it was plagued with horrendous lag and infuriating glitches but now the lag is either there or it's not, and I haven't seen any glitches yet. I also love that they let us download the old maps as well, nice move.

My only complaint so far is the chainsaw duels. I can't physically tap the B button any faster, yet I lose 9 times out of 10. :(

I love the game. Completed it on Normal mode with minimal deaths.
Most of my deaths came from the vehicle parts, in which the controls are horrible, like the reaver chase, or the breaking ice bit, and the bit on Betty where they don't really tell you to kill the driver of the other vehicle very clearly, as you're rabidly trying to fend off boarders. Otherwise, it's non-stop awesome on cmapaign! I loved it. I'm glad they didn't bring back Lambent Wretches. A lot less Theron Guards as well (and their Torque Bows).

Multiplayer has been improved so much, I love it. I really hated GOW's multiplayer, as it was plagued with horrendous lag and infuriating glitches but now the lag is either there or it's not, and I haven't seen any glitches yet. I also love that they let us download the old maps as well, nice move.

My only complaint so far is the chainsaw duels. I can't physically tap the B button any faster, yet I lose 9 times out of 10. :(

Thats why I don't use the lancer anymore, I'd never win duels. I miss the locust rifle, hammerburst is okay, but its not the same. I'm not a huge fan of some of the new weapons, like the rail gun and the flamethrower, as those sort of takes away from the stop and pop feel of Gears 1. The mortar seems to be the new hammer of dawn, which I've yet to run into during multiplayer.

Fuck the ice field in a tank level. Fuck that bullshit.

That took me a good 5-6 tries to get through. I beat the game earlier today after only 6-7 hours of gameplay. I'm pretty disappointed that it wasn't longer. Maybe I've been spoiled by games like GTA IV and Saints Row 2 that have 20+ hours of gameplay and Fire Pro which is pretty much endless. I wish they could take a game the quality of Gears and extend it maybe 4-5 hours to get over the 10 hour hump. I had a blast playing the game outside of a couple parts I thought were a little cheap. Nice pacing, good story, and fantastic gameplay. Not a game of the year contender due to some other games this year but on any other year it'd probably take it pretty easily. I haven't played multiplayer yet because Xbox screwed up my Live payment but I don't have much interest in online playing anymore anyways. Too many screaming kids who think swearing makes you cool.