Greatest band names

YI

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always though that "... And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead" was a great band name. As is "Give Up The Ghost".

On the side of joke bands I once had a band called "Fucked by Steve Buscemi". Another was called "Strawberry Shortcake" and probably had the most offensive song titles and lyrics I've ever seen.

I'll agree with "Casiotone..." and "This Town Needs Guns", great names. "Sportsday Megaphone" too.

The only simpson reference band with a great name is "Rex Banner", because it does work as a punk-band name, and they're fucking awesome.

I like "No Trigger" as a name too, despite it not really making any sense (it apparently has something to drums).

I like "Indoor Fireworks" too, great local band as well.

Edited by YI

I remember a band from a few years back called I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness

I never listened to them but I thought that was a quality name.

As did Fuckshit, a few posts back >_>

Skummy hasn't been in here yet, so I'll throw out Necrosadistic Goat Torture, just for the ludicrosity (:shifty:) of it all.

Alkaline Trio, Biffy Clyro, Gaslight Anthem, Kaiser Chiefs, Muse, Plus 44, Rage Against The Machine, Seether. Also maybe Foo Fighters, but I think that might just be a case of fanboyism.

And it looks as though all the metal bands I like have wank names...

Indeed. Saw them numerous times around 02 for the first album, once on the small gig tour for the second, and again just weeks ago and the new album stuff is amazing live. Drum breakdown in Bleeding From Within rules the school.

I think T in the Park was the first place I saw them, albeit six years ago. Major difference nowadays is Rob Harvey doesn't wear daft cutoff tracksuit bottoms, and is a terrifying baldy. But yeah, they really are up there as far as live bands go.

World's End Girlfriend is one of my all-time favourite band names, I just think it's got a nice slightly ethereal feel to it that fits very well with the music. The Teardrop Explodes is good...or is it? I've never been sure. It's either very very good, or very very bad.

The Who is one of the greatest band names of all time.

Goatsnake, Skeletonwitch, Cancer Bats, Burning Witch...none of them especially good names, but I like them for being a bit daft.

The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza cannot be ignored in this thread.

Goatsniffer, there's another superb one. No band with the word "Goat" or "Bear" in their name has ever been bad.

OOIOO, the Boredoms side-project is a great name...it's pronounced Oh-Oh-Eye-Oh-Oh, and I really like it for some reason.

Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her is an incredible name. God bless the Japanese.

Can't forget Rudimentary Penii.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Meanwhile, Back In Communist Russia...

Goatsnake, Skeletonwitch, Cancer Bats, Burning Witch...none of them especially good names, but I like them for being a bit daft.

There are tons of thrash bands that utilize Witch in their name. Hellwitch, Witchtrap, Witches Hammer, Witchery, and Angel Witch to name a few.

I've always liked Catholic Discipline, they were criminally under recorded.

Born Without a Face was a good one, they were from around these parts during the days of the Meatmen and Negative Approach. Fittingly, the only album they have out is their "Freakshow Demo".

After the Bombs, crust bands have a knack for cool sounding names. The same can be said for Battle of Disarm.

Circle Takes the Square - but only if that's a Hollywood Squares reference like I assume.

Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band - sheer "what-the-fuck?" appeal.

The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower

This Bike is a Pipe Bomb

The World/Inferno Friendship Society - not really that great, but I love mentioning them to people, gets quite a few confused glances.