Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

A DIAMOND GAAAAAAZE!!! A THOUSAND STRANDS OF SUNLIGHT IN YOUR EYEEEEEES!!!

Totally forgot how epic (and I know I say 'epic' a lot to mean good, but here, I actually mean 'epic') the 2nd Jeremy Enigk album was. I like his new one, but it's not a patch on "World Waits".

Also;

A Day To Remember tour in March 2010. Tickets on sale Friday:

9th - o2 Academy 2 Newcastle

11th - Academy 2 Manchester

12th - HMV Forum London

13th - Anson Rooms Bristol

14th - o2 Academy 2 Birmingham

Newcastle...there.

Edited by YI

Listening to the new Jack's Mannequin EP, "Dear Jack". Awesome to finally hear studio versions of "Dear Jack" and "There, There Katie". The songs on here are all more sombre and laid back than the last album stuff. Not totally sold on "Diane, The Skyscraper", although the ending is really fucking awesome. And the version of "Swim" that's on it is a bit pointless, but all in all, nice songs.

Edited by YI

Lights has announced on Twitter she is supporting Owl City on their UK tour next year.

FUCK YEAH!!

Any those dates again;

WED

17/02/10

Brighton, UK

Komedia

THU

18/02/10

London, UK

Islington Academy

FRI

19/02/10

Oxford, UK

Oxford Academy 2

SAT

20/02/10

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Newcastle Academy 2

SUN

21/02/10

Birmingham, UK

Birmingham Academy 2

MON

22/02/10

Manchester, UK

Manchester Academy 3

The Defeater EP is canny mint. Not sure if any take over from the first 3 on the album though as my night out pre-"pre drinks" drinks psyche up songs.

New Wonder Years album in January and Four Year Strong have seemingly finished a new (original) album too. Synthy pop-punk goodness. :D

Reel Big Fish supports for next year are Big D & The Kids Table and Sonic Boom Six...I've seen the supports, and it's like £16...but I'm kind of tempted by it.

And on the ska news, no real word on the Streetlight Manifesto "99 Songs Of Revolution" project besides the following songs are on it;

Me and Julio Down By The School Yard (written by Paul Simon), Hell (by the Squirrel Nut Zippers), Linoleum (by NOFX), and Such fan-dabi-dozi Heights (by The Postal Service).

Also acoustic version of "Try This At Home" by Frank Turner is a billion times better than the album version, for a start it doesn't sound like a Pigeon Detectives song anymore.

Honestly neither did I until about 2/3 month ago.

It also doesn't help all versions you can find on 'the internet' are ridiculously low quality. :(

Also...so I'm not left out;

WE'RE FINDING OUT SOME SCUMMY FUCK JUST THREW IT IN A 15-YEAR OLD!!

I MEAN COME ON MAN!! IS THAT THE LIFE YOU WANT!!

What a song.

Actually, I take back what I said about the album being "meh", it's actually pretty fucking awesome (no "Rise Or Die Trying" but pretty much up their with your average New Found Glory release), even if the synth sounds like it's coming through a mobile phone.

Edited by YI

Pennywise are here in May (Leeds and Birmingham O2 Academy dates confirmed so far)...please...please...please let Zoli Teglas still be filling in on vocals.

Supposed dates;

Thursday 11th MAY - O2 Academy Bristol

Friday 12th MAY - O2 Academy Leeds

Saturday 13th MAY - O2 Academy Newcastle

Sunday 14th MAY - O2 ABC Glasgow

Monday 15th MAY - O2 Academy Birmingham

Tuesday 16th MAY - O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire London

NEWCASTLE!!!! OH MY!!! :D

Edited by YI

Interesting thing from Mike Hale's myspace - "NEW ALBUM coming soon on Suburban Home"

Now this could just be something left over from before "Live's Like Mine"...but the last login was yesterday and I was on his page a month or so ago and I swear that wasn't there then. :D :D :D :D :D