Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

Rise Against can suck my bollocks dry.

nah, they were alright.

Besides seeming like the only person singing

WOULD GOD BLESS THE MURDER OF THE INNCOENT

WOUL GOD BLESS A WAR BASED ON PRIDE

WOULD GOD BLESS OUR MONEY HUNGRY GOVERNMENT

...yadda yada yadda yadda more of that shit can't be arsed to type it out, but if fucked my throat. 1 songs from the first 2 albums...WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT!

Edited by YI

Rise Against can suck my bollocks dry.

nah, they were alright.

Besides seeming like the only person singing

WOULD GOD BLESS THE MURDER OF THE INNCOENT

WOUL GOD BLESS A WAR BASED ON PRIDE

WOULD GOD BLESS OUR MONEY HUNGRY GOVERNMENT

...yadda yada yadda yadda more of that shit can't be arsed to type it out, but if fucked my throat. 1 songs from the first 2 albums...WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT!

GLADIATORS! READY?

CONTENDERS READY!

Yeah, Big Scary Monsters is now officially the most epic label going. Just signed Grown Ups (album next year) and Castevet...fucking awesome.

So now they've got;

This Town Needs Guns

Jeniferever

Tubelord

Blakfish

Mutiny On The Bounty

Calories

Talons

Kevin Divine

Colours

Mimas

Pulled Apart By Horses

Wintermute

Copy Haho

The Tupolev Ghost

Castevet

Grown Ups

...who are all fucking mint. Best label going.

Edited by YI

My friend gave me a Nosferatu D2 album today for no apparent reason. I'd never heard of them before, but it's quite good. Very lo-fi indie with fun song names like "I Killed Burt Bacharach" and "We'll Play 'The Power of Love' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood a Thousand Times Tonight," which is all a band really needs for me to like them.

COMPLICATIONS!!! INJUSTICE!!! DELIBERATIONS!!! WHAT'S THE DEAL?!?

THEY FAKE IT!!! WE BREAK IT!!!!! AND TAKE BACK WHAT THEY STEAL!!!

WE COULD RISE!!! BLACK AND WHITE!!! UNBOUND AND MAKE THEM PAY!!!

FOR EVERY TEAR!!! FOR EVERY FEAR!!! DEFEND OUR YESTERDAYS!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

The Final Crisis are the worst band in the world. Period. We thought we'd timed it so we'd miss their set, but we were greeted to their last 2/3 songs...absolutely dire...when he's talking though the singer's voice is hilarious...in fact the Leeds/Yorkshire accent in general is so hilarious.

Strike Anywhere are FUCKING EPIIIIIIC!!! Last night made me kick myself for the fact I missed them in Sunderland last November...purely cos I couldn't be arsed to go. :/

Protest The Hero...we missed the start of their set, getting drunk for cheap(er) elsewhere. Caught the last 4/5 songs. I recognised nothing ("Kezia" were epic :(). And the singer is a giant knobhead. The twiddly bits were quite nice though, if a little over-indulgent.

Propagandhi...I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. They were good. But, nowhere near as good as I hoped they'd be. Had to leave after "Come To The Sabbat", which was hilarious but a bit of a waste of time to be honest...this meant I missed "Dear Coach's Corner" and "Anti-Manifesto". :( (If the set is the same as London was, which it appears to be).

Strike Anywhere did;

Sedition

**something**

Amplify -> Blaze

The Crossing

Sunset On 32nd

Hollywood Cemetery

**something**

Infrared

I'm Your Opposite Number

Instinct

To The World

Propagandhi (might be a little out) did;

Supporting Caste

Tertium Non Datur

The Banger's Embrace

Iteration

And We Thought That Nation States Were A Bad Idea

With Friends Like These Who Needs COINTELPRO?

Human(e) Meat

**something**

Back To The Motor League

A Speculative Fiction

Potemkin City Limits

**something**

Without Love

I Was A Pre-Teen McCarthyist

Purina Hall Of Fame

Last Will & Testament

------------------------

Come To The Sabbat

Dear Coach's Corner (missed :()

Anti-Manifesto (missed :()

...as it turns out...we got to the train station 10-minutes early...and then the train was delayed for like 25-minutes cos a freight train had broken down on the line...so I could have fucking stayed until the end. :( Just managed to get the connecting train home as well...that'd have been a fucking brilliant way to end the day...at least I would have had a place to stay in York.

Good gig...but Propagandhi just seemed to be missing something. Strike Anywhere were mint though, well worth the money.

Edited by YI
  • Like 1

Agreed, about half of the album is good, the other half is a bit hit or miss. But the half that's good is really good, so yeah, definitely worth the time.

Stay off the fuckin' flowers.

Seriously, I'd pay more money for a full-on Raekwon/Black Keys record. They just mesh.

Laura Marling dates;

LAURA MARLING Alexandra Theatre Birmingham FRI 16/04/2010 19:30 on sale 18/12/2009 at 9.00am

LAURA MARLING Corn Exchange Cambridge SAT 17/04/2010 19:30 on sale 18/12/2009 at 9.00am

LAURA MARLING Tyne Theatre Newcastle MON 19/04/2010 19:30 on sale 18/12/2009 at 9.00am

LAURA MARLING York Opera House York TUE 20/04/2010 19:30 on sale 18/12/2009 at 9.00am

LAURA MARLING Colston Hall Bristol WED 21/04/2010 19:30 on sale 18/12/2009 at 9.00am

LAURA MARLING London Palladium London SUN 25/04/2010 19:30 on sale 18/12/2009 at 9:00am

Apparently pushing £20...might be tempted though.