Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

All well and good, but is there fuck tubular bells on "The '59 Sound". :shifty:

Ace, did you find the bit where they thanked Jesus? Seriously, the backlash they got from that. Added to my hate of people who hate Christianity...(the athiest buses did it more...what the fuck's the point)...it's like everyone thinks Christians are nutters who go around preaching damnation everyone...fuck I hate those people, proper cunts.

It's even better when people try to be all "they're shoving their beliefs down our throats in their songs"...are they fuck, fuck off.

Edited by YI

I was just looking at the '59 Sound credits and I have to say, I was slightly amused;

* Brian Fallon - vocals, guitars

* Alex Rosamilla - guitar, vocals, Wollensack

* Alex Levine - bass, vocals

* Benny Horowitz - drums, percussion, Tubular Bells, tambourine, garbage cans, chains

"Garbage Cans" <_<

If you'd have looked last week, I could have put that into my coursework. :angry:

I wasn't to taken with Los Campesinos! first album but I've been told that the follow up is much better and a bit different sounding.

So, worth the time to take a listen?

It's slower and less eratic. I prefer the first though, the second's just not as fun. Still some cracking tunes on it though. Check out "We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed", "It's Never Theat Easy Though, Is It" and "All Your Kayfabe Friends", they're probably the best tracks off it. If you like them, you'll like the rest, I imagine.

I've just downloaded it, I'll report back with my finding later on (Y)

And I know it's been said countless times before, but how good is Kezia? I've been listening to it today for first time in ages and it's still amazing.

Yeah, he does, she is fit. So's that bird Turbo posted though.

And "Kezia" is a truly epic album. It saddens my I just didn't get into the follow up at all.

Oh, thank fuck I've had nothing to do besides revision today (and turned down the pub, due to revision) as there's an abundance of EPIC music doing the rounds.

Fever Ray's self-titled album (bird from The Knife) and Andrew Bird ("Noble Beast") leaked today. The former is absolutely fucking amazing, like better than any Knife album I have heard. The more chillout style is great. Listening to Andrew Bird now.

On top of that. Punk-rock has really got off to a blistering start of the year, with two bands touted as breakout artists putting out epic releases. First off, Transit who I've been mentioning a bunch, but also O Pioneers!!! have put out their 2nd album (I think) "Neon Creeps", they're like some Against Me!/hardcore hybrid, I never bought into their hype before, but this is actually quality stuff.

The 2 track EP from some random band called The Motel Matches is alright, they kind of remind me of an ambient Hella, it's a proper weird sound. Also been listening to a kind of gothic-pop band called Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio, whose album reminds me a bit of Piano Magic, need to give it another listen, as I kind of phased out during it.

On top of that, I've got the new; Bruce Springsteen, Matt & Kim, Wild Light, John Frusciante, Lonely Dear, Aidan Moffat and The Best Of's, an Andrew Jackson Jihad tour release (DL...upping now :shifty:) and a new Moving Mountains EP.

How in the space of like a day can I go from having nothing new to listen to, to all that?

Some of the links may still be working if you want them back...if not, just keep a look out because "2009: A (Big Gay) Face Odyssey #1" is coming when I can be arsed to upload it...I have like 2 and a half finished gaylists, it's just not funny anymore, I need hobbies. :shifty: Oh, and about a 2/3 of another coverlist done. :shifty:

Edited by YI

I don't know where else to put this...but holy fuck.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3enVPDuF0

That has to be the best cover of it I've ever heard. Sounds kind of haunting though, but that adds to its greatness.

Jesus Christ, that dude has a great voice. I usually don't like that much acoustic stuff but that was fantastic. The Neyo - Closer cover is even better I think.

Edited by Hellfire