Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

Listening to 'Abandoned Cities' by Anna Roland. Don't even remember downloading it but saw it in my My Music folder and thought I'd give it a whirl. It's pretty good, very Barenaked Ladies-ish which is never a bad thing although her voice can grate a little at times.

Automatic Loveletter just have the one EP? that fucking sucks, want more :(

MSN!

And;

propagandhi-supporting-caste.jpg

Propagandhi have announced the release of their next full length. The record is titled Supporting Caste and is due out March 10, 2009. The band recorded with Bill Stevenson (Black Flag, Descendents, Zeke, 7 Seconds) and so far a release has been confirmed on Smallman Records.

1. Night Letters

2. Supporting Caste

3. Tertium Non Datur

4. Dear Coach's Corner

5. This is Your Life

6. Human(e) Meat (The Flensing of Sandor Katz)

7. Potemkin City Limits

8. The Funeral Procession

9. Without Love

10. Incalculable Effects

11. The Banger's Embrace

12. Last Will and Testament

And with that, Fat Wreck have lost another good band off their roster...who the fuck do they have left?

Edited by YI

I hate my opinion. >_>

I'm turning the corner on Animal Collective, I think. Which I realized when I unconsciously said out loud "THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD." and realized that a week earlier, I railed against that exact same sentiment. (This was way overdramatic. >_>) But it's really good upon another listen, in fairness. I don't get why I didn't realize the link to Person Pitch muuuuuuuuuuuch sooner, since that album also sounded a lot like Pet Sounds and whatever other Beach Boys/Brian Wilson record shitty critics like myself would describe as a worthy comparison.

Edited by ROC

I was just looking at the '59 Sound credits and I have to say, I was slightly amused;

* Brian Fallon - vocals, guitars

* Alex Rosamilla - guitar, vocals, Wollensack

* Alex Levine - bass, vocals

* Benny Horowitz - drums, percussion, Tubular Bells, tambourine, garbage cans, chains

"Garbage Cans" <_<

Also, I forgot how awesome 'Bedlam In Goliath' is, and I'm shocked that a lot of people actually rate it alongside Amputecture as the worst Volta record. In my mind, it's easily the best. 'Metatron', 'Goliath', 'Wax Simulacra', 'Ouroboros' are all wonderful. It's pure brutal wonderfulness.

Edited by Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

"Bedlam..." was wank. :shifty: But it was a different kind of wank as "Amputecture". "Amputecture" was self-involved, pile of wank. Long tunes that weren't interesting...at least with "Bedlam..." it's a bunch of short songs...that aren't interesting. There is a few I like.

To be fair, I haven't forgiven Mars Volta for that truly fucking terrible live show they put on earlier in the year.

Volta have always been glorious when I've seen them live, always put on a good show, although I know they're meant to be totally hit or miss live, I suppose I've just been lucky. And Amp was the dregs, totally awful and shite, but I don't know how anyone can call Bedlam 'unintersting', that's insane jack. Goliath is glorious, the last bit with the whole "I'm starting to feel a miscarriage on" puts me on my toes. "Ouroboros" is violent in the most loveliest of ways, "Wax Simulacra" is 2 and a half minutes of drumastic orgasm, and the rest ranges from fucking terrifying to darkly gorgeous.

I was just looking at the '59 Sound credits and I have to say, I was slightly amused;

* Brian Fallon - vocals, guitars

* Alex Rosamilla - guitar, vocals, Wollensack

* Alex Levine - bass, vocals

* Benny Horowitz - drums, percussion, Tubular Bells, tambourine, garbage cans, chains

"Garbage Cans" <_<

.............................TUUUUUUUUBULAR BELLS