Friday The 13th

IDOL

F13_Poster.jpg?t=1232912505

Is anyone else pumped for this? Just saw the trailors a few days ago. Growing up Friday the 13th was just one of those series that scared the fuck out of me. Watching them now they're a little dated. Nice to see them do a remake, looks quality.

Trailor:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3531670297/

IMDB Profile:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/

Official Site:

http://www.fridaythe13thmovie.com/

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, and what I've seen thus far... I'm really pumped about this remake. It's not far off now either, releasing February 13th.

It looks like it's being taken seriously, which is more than you can say for Freddy Vs Jason and Jason X. That said, Freddy Vs Jason wasn't nearly as bad as people claim it to be. It was faithful to the characters, it was darker than the previous efforts each movie had received (not counting Wes Craven's New Nightmare), and it was just an all around fun film.

This should be good though... to get back to what made Jason work in the first place, and forget about all the garbage that happened in some of the later films. Plus, the guy from Supernatural is in the lead role, and that can only mean good things. (Unless you're the other guy from Supernatural...stuck in a 3D remake that got more promotion, but will ultimately be far less successful than your co-star's film.)

EDIT: ZJ... in the original series, Jason Voorhees doesn't become the killer until the second film, and doesn't acquire his trademark mask until even later on.

This will not be a straight remake, and is instead, a reimagining of the series. I'm not sure of the status of Pamela Voorhees as a killer, but Jason will have his mask and he will be the central villain.

Edited by Gabriel

From what I've heard, the movie is going to be more or less based on the first 3 movies. Or, at least the second and third, since I haven't heard anything about his mother being involved in it.

Jason wasn't the killer until the second movie and didn't have the hockey mask until the third. He had a burlap sack with an eyehole (I think it was only) on his head in the second. One of the trailers for the new movie shows him with that sack on his head briefly.

I'm not huge on this sort of Horror (mainly because I'm not huge on being scared) but I'm definatley interested in this remake. Saw the trailer when I went to go see Underworld 3 and the 'His name, is Jason... and today, is his birthday.' line had me creeped out before the actual trailer even started. I'll probally try and check it out and take a lady friend along.

Been hyped for this since it was announced a few years back. Huge Jason fan and I'm really happy they ended up going with Nispel as the director, as I really enjoyed his TCM remake. So I'm expecting it to be stylistically similar. Derek Mears looks spectacular as Jason too.

I wish Hollywood had some creativity left, but oh well. They don't.

At least this remake is needed. The entire series of movies is shit, really. They're terrible. I dont even know how Jason got slasher icon status..he used to wear a pillow case. This cant NOT be better than all the other Fridays combined.

Jason lives stands as the best one, IMO. Despite the fact that he gets brought back to life via metal fence post and lightning.

Had the best trailer besides Jason Takes Manhatten. Both were way better than the stupd old counting ones. It was an okay gimmick the first time, but I think the first 3 film trailers are like that, its annoying.

Friday The 13th Part Two is the best in the series and one of my favourite slasher films for this one moment...

Ginny is hiding in a bush as Jason is stalking her. He stands next to the bush and looks around. KICK, WHAM! Ginny kicks Jason right in the nuts and runs off!

Friday The 13th Part Two is the best in the series and one of my favourite slasher films for this one moment...

Ginny is hiding in a bush as Jason is stalking her. He stands next to the bush and looks around. KICK, WHAM! Ginny kicks Jason right in the nuts and runs off!

I remember that, quite awesome. I personally prefer the third one, as that has the scene where Jason is nailed square in the head with a ax by the girl. And she hangs Jason as well.

I'm hoping this movie turns out well, as I was very disappointed with the Halloween remake.

I loved Freddy vs. Jason, it was ultimate fan-service.

I'm not sure about this movie since I absolutely loathed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and of course there's the whole "from producer Michael Bay," which would normally turn me away from any movie, but everything looks like it's being handled very well and the trailer looks great. Plus, the guys that wrote FvJ are handling the screenplay, so hopefully the director and producer haven't botched things too much. I'll definitely be there opening night, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And I'm one of the three people that loved the Halloween remake.

So if you're one... and I'm one... who's the other?

I enjoyed both the DVD Screener copy, and the version that was ultimately released. I thought Zombie did a tremendous job of building characters instead of just presenting us with a monster and some victims.

So if you're one... and I'm one... who's the other?

I enjoyed both the DVD Screener copy, and the version that was ultimately released. I thought Zombie did a tremendous job of building characters instead of just presenting us with a monster and some victims.

My friend James liked it, so their is your third.

I loved Freddy vs. Jason, it was ultimate fan-service.

I'm not sure about this movie since I absolutely loathed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and of course there's the whole "from producer Michael Bay," which would normally turn me away from any movie, but everything looks like it's being handled very well and the trailer looks great. Plus, the guys that wrote FvJ are handling the screenplay, so hopefully the director and producer haven't botched things too much. I'll definitely be there opening night, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And I'm one of the three people that loved the Halloween remake.

Make that four. I Absolutley loved the new Halloween. it was awesome. And i've liked every Jason movie i've seen baring 1 and 2. but 3 til Freddy vs Jason i loved, including Jason X.

I am so pumped for this movie, i'm back in the states temporarily and me and some old buddies are goin to go see it.