Friday The 13th

IDOL

I wish Hollywood had some creativity left, but oh well. They don't.

At least this remake is needed. The entire series of movies is shit, really. They're terrible. I dont even know how Jason got slasher icon status..he used to wear a pillow case. This cant NOT be better than all the other Fridays combined.

Shut the fuck up, they're god damned slasher films. If you expect anything but campy bullshit, tits, and awesome deaths then don't watch the movie.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually hoping this is like Rambo was to other Rambos. And what i mean by that, is the story may be lacking, but AWESOME BRUTALITY. Great deaths, blood and guts. I hope this is the most brutal Jason has ever gotten. i want blood. guts, decapitations, being cut in halves ect.

At least this remake is needed. The entire series of movies is shit, really. They're terrible. I dont even know how Jason got slasher icon status..he used to wear a pillow case. This cant NOT be better than all the other Fridays combined.

Shut the fuck up, they're god damned slasher films. If you expect anything but campy bullshit, tits, and awesome deaths then don't watch the movie.

And that pillow case was actually a potato sack. To watch a horror movie and expect a deep plot and character growth and stuff is moronic. It is simple entertainment designed for the lowest common denominator. It is not deep and meaningful, just entertaining.

And that pillow case was actually a potato sack. To watch a horror movie and expect a deep plot and character growth and stuff is moronic. It is simple entertainment designed for the lowest common denominator. It is not deep and meaningful, just entertaining.

Exactly. The thing is there's really no way to fuck up the franchise. Hell, Jason X was in a science fiction setting, for fuck's sake, and it was actually pretty good. (I must note I only watched it because of Lexa Doig being in it, however) And all you really need is a big dude to play Jason, since he doesn't speak and is hidden behind a mask and makeup, so casting isn't a problem.

(However, I think if the proposed A Nightmare On Elm Street remake happens and the rumor about Billy Bob Thornton being the new Freddy is true, someone needs to be lynched; I'd rather they just do one more film in the series, with Robert Englund in the role and Freddy getting his ass handed to him for good at the end, then wait a few years and find someone decent (Billy Bob ain't it!) to play Freddy in a remake. Keanu Reeves, maybe? :shifty: )

In regard to the Nightmare on Elm Street talk...

I've read that they've decided to do away with Robert Englund as Freddy, which I lean neither way with really. I'd love to have him back, but at the same time, it's a re-imagining, and a new take on the character could give the whole thing new life.

If they're going to use a new Freddy, it has to be someone who's name won't eclipse the character. I've not heard a rumor about Thornton, but he'd be terrible in the role for so many reasons, but the biggest of which, is that his star would exceed the character, and that is not good for anybody.

Just thinking out loud, I would toss the names Bill Mosely and Anthony Stewart Head out there. Of course, they're both old enough that if the worry is about longevity, they may as well just bring back Englund.

Aside from that, I'd prefer if the new Freddy were an actor who hadn't been in anything major (barring a few circumstances, probably) and could commit to the role with the idea of it being a recurring one. I'm not even sure it has to be an older man. Englund was 37 when they made the first one... I wouldn't be opposed to an early 30's version of Krueger.

I'm pretty sure Englund has said he wants someone else to take over the role, I just cannot for the life of me picture anyone BUT him as Freddy. That's not to say Nightmare shouldn't be remade and that someone else couldn't pull off the role perfectly... it's just bizarre to even think about. Jason is easy, Michael Myers is easy... they don't talk; the appeal of Nightmare is Freddy's personality. All that said, I'm sure there's someone out there who could do for Freddy what Heath Ledger did for The Joker, they just need to find out who that is.

I don't get how people could NOT like the Halloween remake. My girlfriend even thought it was awesome and she hates those movies. It was really well done. Even him as a kid was creepy.

It was boring as hell.

And I say this as being both a fan of Rob Zombie and as someone who doesn't get bored with a lot of movies. It just didn't hold my attention very well.

I'm pretty sure Englund has said he wants someone else to take over the role, I just cannot for the life of me picture anyone BUT him as Freddy. That's not to say Nightmare shouldn't be remade and that someone else couldn't pull off the role perfectly... it's just bizarre to even think about. Jason is easy, Michael Myers is easy... they don't talk; the appeal of Nightmare is Freddy's personality. All that said, I'm sure there's someone out there who could do for Freddy what Heath Ledger did for The Joker, they just need to find out who that is.

And with faces hidden behind masks, its easier to connect with the character itself rather then the person playing the character. But even today, I look at Robert Englung and I see Freddy...its jsut going to be so wierd to have someone else playing the part

Edited by Lint6

American History X says otherwise.

And Ed Norton is damned well a big star.

Also, I love Robert Englund, but no one thought that Jack Nicholson as The Joker could be surpassed and Heath Ledger made people re-think if Nicholson was even good as The Joker. Englund is no doubt Freddy, but don't shit on a re-make without Englund without knowing anything yet. And fuck Keanu Reeves, no. That man cannot act and the role of Freddy is all about personality, of which Keanu Reeves has none.

Also, I love Robert Englund, but no one thought that Jack Nicholson as The Joker could be surpassed and Heath Ledger made people re-think if Nicholson was even good as The Joker. Englund is no doubt Freddy, but don't shit on a re-make without Englund without knowing anything yet. And fuck Keanu Reeves, no. That man cannot act and the role of Freddy is all about personality, of which Keanu Reeves has none.

I'm sorry but while Heath Ledger did a tremendous job as The Joker, BUT IN MY OPINION he wasn't as good as Jack Nicholson. I will watch the re-make of both of these movies (Friday the 13th & Nightmare on Elm Street) but will have an incredibly hard time believing anybody else nearly as good as Robert Englund made me watch Freddy. Now I know somebody's going to probably rant why Ledger was better than Nicholson, but either way there is no possible way to truly say one was better, it's all a matter of opinion. I think this topic needs to get back on the topic of the re-make of Friday the 13th though.

Edited by BuddyAwesome

I'm sorry but while Heath Ledger did a tremendous job as The Joker, he wasn't as good as Jack Nicholson. I will watch the re-make of both of these movies (Friday the 13th & Nightmare on Elm Street) but will have an incredibly hard time believing anybody else nearly as good as Robert Englund made me watch Freddy. Now I know somebody's going to probably rant why Ledger was better than Nicholson, but either way there is no possible way to truly say one was better, it's all a matter of opinion. I think this topic needs to get back on the topic of the re-make of Friday the 13th though.

:huh:

I'm sorry but while Heath Ledger did a tremendous job as The Joker, he wasn't as good as Jack Nicholson. I will watch the re-make of both of these movies (Friday the 13th & Nightmare on Elm Street) but will have an incredibly hard time believing anybody else nearly as good as Robert Englund made me watch Freddy. Now I know somebody's going to probably rant why Ledger was better than Nicholson, but either way there is no possible way to truly say one was better, it's all a matter of opinion. I think this topic needs to get back on the topic of the re-make of Friday the 13th though.

:huh:

Agreed. Looking at it objectively, Jack Nicholson's Joker just doesn't quite ever get past "Hey, here's Jack Nicholson in clown make up and a funny costume." Ledger's Joker is a LOT more than that. I understand it's a matter of opinion, but at the point where Nicholson's Joker reads more Nicholson than Joker while Ledger's Joker reads a lot more Joker than Ledger, I think there is at least a solid case for Ledger.

I am not kidding when I say that this is THE single WORST Movie that I have EVER seen. It was so bad that I went into the movie piss drunk and came out straight sober. The DP that work on the movie apparently to inspiration from Stevie Wonder, I have seen home movies with better Cinematography. None of the kills where even satisfying. I rather sit through Ten straight hours of watching my parents have sex than to seen any part of this utterly shitty movie.

Looking forward to this, going to try to see it over the weekend. I enjoyed Halloween and TCM remakes, still don't get why anybody shits on either of them, thought they were both great. You really cant beat the originals and the classics, but I damn love me some remakes and follow ons from these classics.