Friday The 13th

IDOL

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to see it again in theatres. I liked it overall better than I overall liked Rob Zombie's Halloween. Which is to say I loved the first half of Halloween and despised the second half. This one I liked all of it, but I admit the opening 15 or so minutes was by far the best.

I am going to see it again in theatres. I liked it overall better than I overall liked Rob Zombie's Halloween. Which is to say I loved the first half of Halloween and despised the second half. This one I liked all of it, but I admit the opening 15 or so minutes was by far the best.

Everything pre-'Friday the 13th' title card was awesome.

The characters introduced afterward weren't bad, per se, but some of them were douche bags, so it seemed kind of weird.

Everything pre-'Friday the 13th' title card was awesome.

The characters introduced afterward weren't bad, per se, but some of them were douche bags, so it seemed kind of weird.

That's what I love about Friday the 13th though. Occasionally, you get characters that you want to see survive, but for the most part, you're rooting for Jason to kill them as brutally as possible.

That approach makes the hero characters work so much better when they do show up, than having a hero character in every film for the sake of giving Jason a "worthy adversary".

It was good, but the way he was "finished" off ruined it for me. Personally, I liked Halloween better.

What bothered you about his "death"?

Can I talk spoilers without spoiler tags here?

I thought it was a little bit anti-climactic. It would've been cool for just a part where they thought they had finished him off. It didn't seem big enough for me. My MAJOR problem with it though, was the line "Say hi to your mother...IN HELL". That was lame cheese even for a slasher flick.
Edited by EndOfAnEra

It is certainly the highest Friday The 13th opening ever. They used to knock these suckers out once a year almost, but I would bet a sequel will come in the next year and a half to two years now. It is a bonafide hit now, regardless.

August 13, 2010.

Expect it then.

True, but the whole thing is set at a summer camp. Once you see it, you'll get the vibe I'm talking about. But since they were sticklers for the whole Friday the 13th gimmick, it was either February or November.

Edited by Montana Maxx

Not planning to see it - I'll wait for cable - so I'll ask here:

Is it true that

Jason doesn't get killed off in this one?

And if its true, do they pull the old "everyone thinks he's dead, but he suddenly pops up alive at the last moment when no one is around" bit?

Is it true that

And if its true, do they pull the old "everyone thinks he's dead, but he suddenly pops up alive at the last moment when no one is around" bit?

Yes but no. It has a very nice homage to the ending of the first three Friday films at the end.

Is it true that

Yes but no. It has a very nice homage to the ending of the first three Friday films at the end.

Let me guess...

He's supposedly defeated or disappears, only to pop up out of the water and grab someone?

Which would be excellent, as my only gripe with this film is its got such a summer vibe to it, and it was released in the dead of winter.

Call me crazy, but I think its winter release is a LARGE contributor to its current success. It would probably still make money, but there's not a lot at theaters right now for this movie's audience.