LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

I don't understand how people can want Kate to leave the show. I don't really care for her character.. but she's hot.

...Because Juliet is not only more interesting, but about x1000 more attractive as well? Honestly, I've never ever found Kate to be attractive. She's very bland. Which works, I don't think anyone else could've played the Kate role so well, but I just don't think she's good looking.

I don't understand how people can want Kate to leave the show. I don't really care for her character.. but she's hot.

...Because Juliet is not only more interesting, but about x1000 more attractive as well? Honestly, I've never ever found Kate to be attractive. She's very bland. Which works, I don't think anyone else could've played the Kate role so well, but I just don't think she's good looking.

I don't want her to leave the show, I just think that Juliet is the more interesting character and her narrative, her history with the island, and with Ben, are far more captivating than Kate's story. The worst thing they did with Kate, I think was make her part of the O6 - now we know she's been vindicated I have absolutely no reason to care about her, aside from what will eventually happen between her, Jack and Sawyer. Juliet, on the other hand, is a badass - and by far a more interesting character. Her mannerisms, particularly that calm, placid way she digests even the worst news, makes her such an engaging and interesting character :wub:

I found Kate and Sawyer's relationship to be one of the best things about the first four seasons but now that Sawyer is concerned with more important matters, Kate just seems kind of... redundant. I think I found Jack most interesting when he was Sawyer's love rival as well.

Oh man, Jack. Jack just... isn't needed now their on the island. I honestly wouldn't mind all that much if they killed him off, because he's done nothing so far apart from screw things up for Sawyer and Juliet looking after the rest of the returners. In series 1-4 he was the leader, in series 5 at the start he was needed to convince the others to come back, but now we're back on the island he's served his purpose. We don't need him as the leader any more because Sawyer can easily do the job better considering he's lived on the island for three years now, so all Jack really does is stare at Kate occasionally and bitch about being out of the loop.

Sayid is another one that doesn't really have anything to do now he's back on the island, but that's easily forgiveable as Sayid does a good job of just standing around, being awesome. I know I was one of the people complaining about Rose and Bernard not being around, but thinking about it it's probably a good thing, seeing as they'd probably just do nothing or end up being canon fodder.

Oh man, Jack. Jack just... isn't needed now their on the island. I honestly wouldn't mind all that much if they killed him off, because he's done nothing so far apart from screw things up for Sawyer and Juliet looking after the rest of the returners. In series 1-4 he was the leader, in series 5 at the start he was needed to convince the others to come back, but now we're back on the island he's served his purpose. We don't need him as the leader any more because Sawyer can easily do the job better considering he's lived on the island for three years now, so all Jack really does is stare at Kate occasionally and bitch about being out of the loop.

Sayid is another one that doesn't really have anything to do now he's back on the island, but that's easily forgiveable as Sayid does a good job of just standing around, being awesome. I know I was one of the people complaining about Rose and Bernard not being around, but thinking about it it's probably a good thing, seeing as they'd probably just do nothing or end up being canon fodder.

This.

Jack for me has got consistently less interesting as the show has gone on. Between them, Sawyer and Locke have the leader role covered, leaving Jack with nothing to do but hang on the sidelines. The only thing for him left to do is to be killed off, in my view.

Jack's going to be needed as a leader again next season and I wouldn't want him to go anyway since there's still the story with his dad to wind up amongst other things.

Edit: I agree he's got so much more boring in the last 2 seasons though

Edited by --Matt--

Anybody think that rather than physically killing Jacob, Locke is just going to kill the myth of Jacob being the leader?

I don't think he is giving any orders, rather Ben and Richard have him prisoner, for what reason I have no idea, but remember when Locke heard him, he said "Help me". Just a thought, I just don't think he is going to actually kill him.

Edited by Gooner27

People are misunderstanding Jack's character, the entire point this season HAS been that he's pointless right now, that's been his story - why is he even there? To quote someone else:

"He wasn't even on Jacob's list."

That's uh... That doesn't really make for a very interesting character, though.

I mean, I guess it has potential, but right now it's just... Not interesting. I really liked desperate Jack that wanted/needed to go back to the Island, I'd probably still like him if he had remained as that character. (Making him go a bit mental about the fact that he needs the Island, but the Island doesn't even care about him.) It's just right now, if that's the character they're going for, they're really not doing anything with it. Why is he just sort of taking everything laying down? Have him in a power struggle with Sawyer with Jack having this need to be in control or to be needed. Have him do something other than complain and screw things up.

Then again, maybe they've got something in mind for Jack that we've not thought about, maybe the fact that he's not supposed to be there will lead to him being the only one that's really able to change fate, but that doesn't change the fact that he's been boring as sin since getting back on the island. :@

Edited by LouieDB

So how about that finale?

Vincent, Bernard and Rose "retired" and living in Jacobs cabin was wonderful.

Juliet dying (well so we thought) was sad. Even worse than seeing Faraday die. But then she is still alive and blows up the bomb! :o

And Jacob was awesome. Locke being in that box yet alive? Crazy. Though Jacob was all "so you found your loophole" so I guess that guy with Jacob at the beginning shape shifts and Locke really is dead? I am sooooooo confused. We need to find out more about Jacob and that guy! Ben killing Jacob and Locke kicking him in the fire? Wonderful. But we better find out more about that eye that Hurley sees in the cabin.

What an awesome finale though.

Finale

Thank Christ next season is the last, my heart can't take much more of this insanity. Yeah, that was quite a finale, but once again raises more questions than it answers.

Okay, so we've finally seen Jacob, now what IS Jacob? As we saw, he's played a role in each of the castaway's lives, no matter how trivial it seemed at the time. The whole part with him telling Hurley and Ben that they have a "choice" was very godlike... giving people free will, he's the "god" of the island.

If "Locke" is the shapeshifter, doesn't that mean that "Locke" is the Smoke Monster/Christian/Alex's ghost? Is he the "devil" of the island?

Is John Locke dead for good?

What is "the loophole?"

No Widmore involvement in any of this... unless the other Others (the one's with Locke's body) are his people.

I assume that ship at the beginning is the Black Rock with the dynamite from season... 2? I'm also assuming this is where Richard comes from.

My best guess is everything got screwed up when they came back to the island, which is why Sun/Ben/Locke/Lapidus wound up in the present and Kate/Jack/Hurley/Sayid wound up in the past. My theory is that the bomb Juliet sets off corrects this and they don't end up back on Oceanic 815, but in present day on the island, all together.

Loved the black text on white background to finish off the show, nice touch.

"Destiny Found," at least next season we finally get to see what the hell everyone is doing on this island.

Edited by Zero

Great finale. I guess next season we'll be learning a lot about Jacob and also his nemesis and that group of people from the plane.

One massive thing I don't get is... why does Jack and everyone want to blow up the island? They'll be dead. They aren't going to feel the effects of having not ever been on the island in the first place are they? Although I guess it could be to do with the thing that happened with Desmond on the freighter, and how his consciousness time travlled or whatever the fuck that was. Still, I don't like it.

Great finale. I guess next season we'll be learning a lot about Jacob and also his nemesis and that group of people from the plane.

One massive thing I don't get is... why does Jack and everyone want to blow up the island? They'll be dead. They aren't going to feel the effects of having not ever been on the island in the first place are they? Although I guess it could be to do with the thing that happened with Desmond on the freighter, and how his consciousness time travlled or whatever the fuck that was. Still, I don't like it.

The versions of them that crashed on Oceanic 815 and everything they experienced the past 3 years will be dead. But since they die in 1977 on the Island, the actual 1970s versions not on the island will continue their lives uninterrupted. With the pocket of energy and the Swan gone, nothing will cause that electromagnetic storm and Oceanic 815 will not crash and their lives will continue on and they will land in Los Angeles. Jack buries his father, Claire gives her baby up, Locke is still paralyzed, Kate goes to prison and Boone, Shannon, Charlie, Libby, Analucia, Michael, the Federal Marshall, Nikki, Paolo, etc etc are still alive.

The versions of them that crashed on Oceanic 815 and everything they experienced the past 3 years will be dead. But since they die in 1977 on the Island, the actual 1970s versions not on the island will continue their lives uninterrupted. With the pocket of energy and the Swan gone, nothing will cause that electromagnetic storm and Oceanic 815 will not crash and their lives will continue on and they will land in Los Angeles. Jack buries his father, Claire gives her baby up, Locke is still paralyzed, Kate goes to prison and Boone, Shannon, Charlie, Libby, Analucia, Michael, the Federal Marshall, Nikki, Paolo, etc etc are still alive.

yeah I get all that. But why do they care about doing that? They'll be dead.

yeah I get all that. But why do they care about doing that? They'll be dead.

They're sacrificing whatever crazy, mostly negative existence they would have in a time period they were never meant to be in in order to correct the universe. They're practically deleting everything we've seen happening post-plane crash knowing full well that they will have a better existence even if they, with their current memories/mindsets won't be aware of, they're doing it because they will be dead and, if they die, then it doesn't really matter if Jack loves Kate but it never worked out or that Kate "stole" Aaron because, none of that will happen and they won't be aware of anything after dying anyway.
Edited by Boogey131