LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

The barracks is otherville, isn't it?

I don't remember the freighter blokes destroying it as such, maybe they smashed a couple of houses up but nothing major that I recall (although I could be forgetting).

This week's episode:

GAH! Why the fuck are you keeping kid Ben alive, it makes no fucking sense. You know that he kills hundreds of people when he grows up - would you keep a dying baby Hitler alive if you knew what he'd become?

And who did the guy that was talking to Richard at the end say they should ask, he said "we shouldn't do this without asking ____ first, if Charles finds out..." Edit: Actually, it was probably Ellie as in Elouise.

Nice to see Locke back too, but I don't like this idea that the Others seem to make you one of them (especially since Juliet converted to the survivors' side) although I get the feeling it might be something to do with Smokey.

Who says he does? The episode where Lapidus and Sun saw Christian had an Otherville and dock that looked surprisingly in tact given what we've seen happen to the place last season. What if things are already drastically changing. On the other side of the coin, who's to say that if they had killed him that the purge wouldn't have still happened for some other reason?

Meh, I'm pretty sure he lives since they've taken him to Richard and he says that they can fix him but he won't remember anything, that was their way of working around that. Otherville was pretty much still in tact last season wasn't it, or am I forgetting something?

As in who says he's still going to kill all those people. Maybe he won't now.

Um, it's already happened? That's what they've been hammering home. Maybe Desmond will come along and change things, but the point remains - as far as the Losties know, Ben WILL kill all those people, no matter what.

They fuckin RPG'd a house >_>. And smokie was about too. That's some fair good damage.

And yeah, only Desmond can change what has happened. Unless they have some genius way of re-writing everything, then things won't change and Miles was right.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

We don't really know what the significance of the cabin is. Others in here have mentioned that Horace built Jacob's cabin, but I can't actually remember when we were told that. Jacob's been around on the island for at least 50 years, so he must have been around since before the construction of the cabin (if it was indeed built by Horace.) Maybe it had some other function?

I don't think communion with Jacob is as exclusive as we thought, since Richard managed to trump Widmore in their argument over saving Ben by saying it was what Jacob wanted.

Edited by -A-

We don't really know what the significance of the cabin is. Others in here have mentioned that Horace built Jacob's cabin, but I can't actually remember when we were told that. Jacob's been around on the island for at least 50 years, so he must have been around since before the construction of the cabin (if it was indeed built by Horace.) Maybe it had some other function?

I don't think communion with Jacob is as exclusive as we thought, since Richard managed to trump Widmore in their argument over saving Ben by saying it was what Jacob wanted.

By the same token Ben told Locke only he communed with Jacob, but considering the source...

Also, since Hurley has since seen the cabin, I think all bets are off in concerns to Ben/Jacob comments.

Edited by Benji

This week's episode:

1) I so called Miles being Candle/Chang's son ages ago.

2) Yay Daniel, hopefully next week will be his episode so we can find out what the fuck happened.

3) Kate sucks at lying, Jack is also shit at sticking to their story

4) I still wanna know what happened to Rose, Bernand and the rest

5) I'd shag Juliet

Nah, I'm waiting for badass Locke to return, shouldn't be long.

Kate was hotter when she used to wear nothing, right now she just looks like she hasn't washed in forever.

I wanna know when they're going to try and get back to 2007, which is quite clearly what they need to do.

I dunno, but since the electromagnet whatever-it-is in The Swan is related to the time travel (started Desmond's visions) then there's a good chance if The Incident happens at the end of this season it could sort that out.

I'm pretty confused about Daniel. He was in the camp, left and now he's coming back as a scientist from the mainland? Do they know he's the same person?

I was thinking about the power structure of the Others yesterday, particularly the role of Richard. From looking on lostpedia, the prevailing idea seemed to be that he was the person responsible for selecting the leader, but that he wasn't able to contact Jacob. That might possibly have been contradicted last week when Richard made the decision to heal Ben to Widmore's objections - Richard said 'this is what Jacob wants' or similar. If Widmore, the leader, is the sole conduit to Jacob, how can Richard trump his leadership with Jacob's wishes? Very odd. I quite like the theory that Jacob is actually Richard of the future thanks to some time-travelling. They can't get close together because of the exploding brains theory of Daniel's rabbits, so Richard has to rely on someone he trusts to relay Jacob's future knowledge to him. Probably a nonsense because I'm not sure whether the exploding brains is going to be continued, but there we go, it's interesting.

Edited by -A-

I'm pretty confused about Daniel. He was in the camp, left and now he's coming back as a scientist from the mainland? Do they know he's the same person?

He says 'Hey Miles, long time no see' when he gets off the sub, so yeah, he would be. And they're coming from 'Ann Arbor' or Harbor or whatever the hell it is, wherever the hell it is.

RE: -A- we only think Daniel was part of the camp because we saw him in the opening moments of this season. That may have been a flash forward to when he finally visits the orchid as the scientist from Ann Arbour? In any event thank God he's back. I am so pumped for the go-home shows of this series it's unreal.