LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

Great episode. Although I don't understand how Richard hasn't aged in any single shape or form. This is now apparently set numerous years before, so why is he exactly the same when he hasn't actually been travelling through time like the rest? Unless he has, but then that wouldn't make sense as to why he doesn't remember anyone. Unless he's acting that way and is actually travelling like the rest were, I don't fucking know this show hurts your mind more and more every week :shifty:

Either way, I loved the episode. It helped throw a little more insight on things and the end scene with Kate returning after the previous speech Sawyer made just a few minutes before the scene. I'm sure they'll fuck my mind over once again next week.

It's obvious that Richard is different than everyone else, there's really nothing else that can be said. He's just different, we don't know why yet. I'm sure that it has something to do with his role on the Island.

I mean, if you're going to be that picky, why not ask why Locke is the only person who died and was able to come back to life? Because he's special, that's why.

why not ask why Locke is the only person who died and was able to come back to life?

Well, I think there's quite a bit of evidence to support the idea that Locke isn't the ONLY person to have died and come back to life on the island.

why not ask why Locke is the only person who died and was able to come back to life?

Well, I think there's quite a bit of evidence to support the idea that Locke isn't the ONLY person to have died and come back to life on the island.

True, but I was just wondering how Richard not aging can be so confusing when it's clear that some characters are "special" and others aren't so much.

Great episode. Although I don't understand how Richard hasn't aged in any single shape or form. This is now apparently set numerous years before, so why is he exactly the same when he hasn't actually been travelling through time like the rest? Unless he has, but then that wouldn't make sense as to why he doesn't remember anyone. Unless he's acting that way and is actually travelling like the rest were, I don't fucking know this show hurts your mind more and more every week :shifty:

Either way, I loved the episode. It helped throw a little more insight on things and the end scene with Kate returning after the previous speech Sawyer made just a few minutes before the scene. I'm sure they'll fuck my mind over once again next week.

It's obvious that Richard is different than everyone else, there's really nothing else that can be said. He's just different, we don't know why yet. I'm sure that it has something to do with his role on the Island.

I mean, if you're going to be that picky, why not ask why Locke is the only person who died and was able to come back to life? Because he's special, that's why.

I'm not being picky at all, I'm bringing up a point that came to mind. Locke does make sense because there's explanations behind it already, there's been nothing explained towards Richard so far. I'm just trying to work it out that's all, I wasn't being a dick about it. I just wondered how Ben, who is apparently MORE special, ages yet Richard somehow doesn't. I'm not knocking the show, I love being confused :/

I'm not being picky at all, I'm bringing up a point that came to mind. Locke does make sense because there's explanations behind it already, there's been nothing explained towards Richard so far. I'm just trying to work it out that's all, I wasn't being a dick about it. I just wondered how Ben, who is apparently MORE special, ages yet Richard somehow doesn't. I'm not knocking the show, I love being confused :/

You are confused. Where did you get that Ben is supposed to be more special? Just because he was the "leader?" He had a tumor in his back while he was on the Island.

You are confused. Where did you get that Ben is supposed to be more special? Just because he was the "leader?" He had a tumor in his back while he was on the Island.

The guy is centered around almost every fucking thing, to claim he's not supposed to be more special than Richard really baffles me. Either way, I think you're taking this a little too far. I was only saying I was slightly curious as to why Richard hasn't aged at all, no need to go off on a wild one :P

The guy is centered around almost every fucking thing, to claim he's not supposed to be more special than Richard really baffles me. Either way, I think you're taking this a little too far. I was only saying I was slightly curious as to why Richard hasn't aged at all, no need to go off on a wild one :P

I don't know though, Ben is involved in a lot of stuff, but a lot of it is just him forcing his way into everything, not necessarily because he's destined to do everything, if that makes any sense. Besides, if you believe Widmore, Ben basically kicked him out and just made himself the leader. Plus, Richard has been there for pretty much everything that they've shown so far and he hasn't changed a bit. He was there before Ben, possibly for a very long time as well. He doesn't age, and he's been shown to leave and return to the Island seemingly at will. He's important. My theory is that he's like the "keeper" of the Island, if you will, since he was there for all of the Island's "leaders" shown so far.

I agree that I might be taking this a bit far, but Lost IS a show that's based upon incredibly fine details.

Edited by Thatz

I think I'm slowly drifting away from Lost. I'm still going to keep watching because of how amazing a few of the characters (Ben, Locke, Desmond) are, but I just don't really care about the meat of the show any more. I was always more interested in what the causes were of all the oddities and now it seems like it might boil down to 'a weird island that produces unexplained phenomena and time travel.' I'm just not satisfied by this whole process of going back and fitting every single oddity into one breakneck time travel stream. Lost isn't even a story any more, it's a plotline. The writers have thrown as many balls into the air as they possibly could, made the show as complicated as they possibly could and then tried to attribute it all to time travel. I'm not criticising them for making this decision because I know it's a pet peeve of mine, but I'm just instantly turned off. I like sci-fi and fantasy and gritty realistic drama like The Wire and this is the one explanation they could have given me that makes me tune out.

Well, I think we're really getting into the winding down period of the show when all the questions will be answered. The first season was about finding out who these people are, season two was all about a conflict with the mysterious Others, season three was about finding out who The Others are, season 4 was about getting some of the castaways off the island, and now that they're back, we're finding out about what the island is. We've only got a few answers - we know it can heal people, move through time, physically move, etc. but there are still a lot of things that we don't know that need to be explained.

Sure, we know it's 'a weird island that produces unexplained phenomena and time travel,' but how? Who are these indigenous people? Why are Linus and Widmore battling for the island? Why do the survivors of Oceanic 815 need to be there, what makes them important? Who (or what) is Jacob? What exactly was the purpose of The Dharma Initiative and who was behind it? These are all questions (plus probably a dozen more) that need to be addressed and there's only 26 more episodes to do it. Now that we know more about the island, I assume the rest of these questions are going to start getting their answers.

In the latest Lost magazine, Damon & Carlton did mention that after the break, the show will start to enter "answer mode". Oh, but in case anyone cares, you won't get any more Libby as they stated they consider her story done.

I didn't like the cock tease with the statue. :(

It looks like an Eygyptian statue of some kind, I was reading some theories on it, and one place it looked identical (from the back anyway) to the God of fertility or something, I'll try and find a link.

Her.

Go back and look at the statue and then that, looks almost the same, build wise.

Edited by Gooner27

To be honest, it just looked like it could be any big slightly goldenesque statue to me, one with long hair and potentially egyptian judging by the build only, anything other than that is, right now, clutching at invisible straws.

Edited by Benjirino~!

It looks like an Eygyptian statue of some kind, I was reading some theories on it, and one place it looked identical (from the back anyway) to the God of fertility or something, I'll try and find a link.

Her.

Go back and look at the statue and then that, looks almost the same, build wise.

Nah. I read about that myself. That statue has 5 toes, whereas the one we see in Lost only has 4.

Her.

Nah. I read about that myself. That statue has 5 toes, whereas the one we see in Lost only has 4.

In that case it´s a cartoon world and the lost island likely is whats left of Cool World.

From Ausiello (concerning deaths):

Number of deaths: 2 (at least)

Time frame: End of season

The scoop: One is major, the other major-ish.

I'm thinking

Faraday/Miles (major-ish) and Sawyer/Ben (major)

Now that was a fucking brilliant piece of television.

I could not love Lost any more right now, the entire episode has just made this series seem plain awesome. It really feels like we're going back to the greatness of the first series. The whole thing with Sawyer and Jack was quality, I like that Jack's having to fall in line for once. The only thing I couldn't care less about is Sun, because as a character I haven't liked her ever, but atleast she now has the pilot with her who's a laugh and seems to be interacting with Christian.

For the love of god, don't give Kate/Sawyer/Juliet a love triangle though. I for one have actually grown to dislike Kate because of everything she's put Sawyer and Jack through, not to mention her character has becoming more annoying as the series progressed. Plus what man in his right mind would pick Kate over Juliet, who is ridiculously fit.

Also I love the addition of some more Hurley humour, something the show has lacked latley.