LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

Well, they've definitely been addressing it through his birth and talking about his parentage. It'll take some more timeshifting to get serious answers - though if the purge happens this season somehow I guess he'll be involved as a youngster.

Anything to get more Ethan on Lost!.

The episode where Jack,Sayid,Kate all hunted him down in the rain was the first time that I actually sat up and realized holy shit this show is amazing...there was just something about that guy that gripped me.

It does seem like the purge might be the logical conclusion to this season just as getting off the island was the culmination of last season. It's definitely not as cast iron as that, but what else could we be heading towards? They've mentioned the hydrogen bomb a few times, I have a feeling that's going to explode at some point but there's no reason to guess when that'll be. What's Faraday up to again? I remember a scene when he was dressed in a DHARMA uniform and investigating the time shifting apparatus, could that be a pivotal moment?

It does seem like the purge might be the logical conclusion to this season just as getting off the island was the culmination of last season. It's definitely not as cast iron as that, but what else could we be heading towards? They've mentioned the hydrogen bomb a few times, I have a feeling that's going to explode at some point but there's no reason to guess when that'll be. What's Faraday up to again? I remember a scene when he was dressed in a DHARMA uniform and investigating the time shifting apparatus, could that be a pivotal moment?

Oh yeah, he's part of the DHARMA isn't he. He'll no doubt be showing up on one of the subs before too long. Where's Locke, I know he's with some randomers but we haven't seen sight nor sound of him for weeks.

And where the fuck are the other survivors that stayed when the group split (I think Rose and Bernard may have been 2 of them, most of them were just randomers)?

I don't think the H-Bomb goes off, I think they're just using the H-Bomb as a reference that they know things about the past , I don't think there's ever any mention of it going off, is there?

Edited by Footjob Fever

I guess that it'll go off in the distant past or future. I dunno, you can't have a massive bomb around and keep talking about defusing it without it blowing up at some point, can you?

I honestly can't recall what the Faraday is doing at the moment. He was there for the moment with young Charlotte and then he just disappeared. Could he be with the Others? Off in the wider world somewhere? I dunno. It's the same with the assorted group of survivors that we're not supposed to care about, including Rose and Bernard as you say. IIRC we last saw them after the beach camp was attacked with flaming arrows and they were told to head to the caves ... or the creek. I can't remember.

Oh yeah, he's part of the DHARMA isn't he. He'll no doubt be showing up on one of the subs before too long. Where's Locke, I know he's with some randomers but we haven't seen sight nor sound of him for weeks.

And where the fuck are the other survivors that stayed when the group split (I think Rose and Bernard may have been 2 of them, most of them were just randomers)?

I don't think the H-Bomb goes off, I think they're just using the H-Bomb as a reference that they know things about the past , I don't think there's ever any mention of it going off, is there?

Faraday was with Sawyer/Jin/Miles/Juliette so one would assume he wouldn't need to come in on a sub and is already within Dharma and just hasn't been shown.

I too have been wondering about Rose/Bernard, I'm hoping they go back to them and we find out what's been going on. I always liked them both and their story.

Faraday was with Sawyer/Jin/Miles/Juliette so one would assume he wouldn't need to come in on a sub and is already within Dharma and just hasn't been shown.

I too have been wondering about Rose/Bernard, I'm hoping they go back to them and we find out what's been going on. I always liked them both and their story.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Faraday disappeared at some point. He's already been in the DHARMA remember, and there can't be two of him at the same time.

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure the original shot we saw of him poking his nose around a DHARMA station under construction was a glimpse of what he was going to be up to later in the show's timeline. I think we'll find out that either that happened shortly after last time we saw him and he's fucked off to some other period in time; or he'll come back during the time period we're watching at the moment and do it. There aren't two Faradays walking around in the 70s.

Edited by -A-

This week's episode:

GAH! Why the fuck are you keeping kid Ben alive, it makes no fucking sense. You know that he kills hundreds of people when he grows up - would you keep a dying baby Hitler alive if you knew what he'd become?

And who did the guy that was talking to Richard at the end say they should ask, he said "we shouldn't do this without asking ____ first, if Charles finds out..." Edit: Actually, it was probably Ellie as in Elouise.

Nice to see Locke back too, but I don't like this idea that the Others seem to make you one of them (especially since Juliet converted to the survivors' side) although I get the feeling it might be something to do with Smokey.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Yeah I realised that (hence my edit), I thought he was saying Billy or something at first. I'm really looking forward to finding out more about Richard's role on the island though, if he's above Ellie and Charles, and he's probably above Ben too, but he's below Jacob. Makes you wonder why these people are the leaders if Richard is superior to them.

Concerning the finale and timelines

The purge will not be in the finale. I would bet on that. Mostly because the purge happened in 1992 and we're in 1977. Another reason is that if "whatever happened, happened", The Incident (which is the name of the season finale) cannot be the purge because it happened before The Swan Orientation film was made. As Pierre Chang says:

Not long after the experiments began, however, there was... an 'incident'... and since that time, the following protocol has been observed.

The film carries the year 1980 on it, suggesting it happens before then.

1977 - Where most of the Losties are now

1977 - 1980 - The Incident happens meaning The Swan's button needs to be pushed

1992 - The Purge happens and The Tempest is used to kill most of DHARMA

Also, some bad news. There's another break between 5x13 and 5x14. Only a week and there's a clip show on that week, but then it's the 100th episode for 5x14.

This week's episode:

GAH! Why the fuck are you keeping kid Ben alive, it makes no fucking sense. You know that he kills hundreds of people when he grows up - would you keep a dying baby Hitler alive if you knew what he'd become?

And who did the guy that was talking to Richard at the end say they should ask, he said "we shouldn't do this without asking ____ first, if Charles finds out..." Edit: Actually, it was probably Ellie as in Elouise.

Nice to see Locke back too, but I don't like this idea that the Others seem to make you one of them (especially since Juliet converted to the survivors' side) although I get the feeling it might be something to do with Smokey.

Who says he does? The episode where Lapidus and Sun saw Christian had an Otherville and dock that looked surprisingly in tact given what we've seen happen to the place last season. What if things are already drastically changing. On the other side of the coin, who's to say that if they had killed him that the purge wouldn't have still happened for some other reason?

This week's episode:

Who says he does? The episode where Lapidus and Sun saw Christian had an Otherville and dock that looked surprisingly in tact given what we've seen happen to the place last season. What if things are already drastically changing. On the other side of the coin, who's to say that if they had killed him that the purge wouldn't have still happened for some other reason?

Meh, I'm pretty sure he lives since they've taken him to Richard and he says that they can fix him but he won't remember anything, that was their way of working around that. Otherville was pretty much still in tact last season wasn't it, or am I forgetting something?