LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

What exactly did that letter say? I couldn't make it out for shit.

Glad they're all back now, but it looks like maybe the Island is stuck in the past? What with Jin being in a dharam suit, it could be interesting to see them all try and survive having to deal with both the Dharam initive and the Others. Also might mean we'll finally find out some more about Dharma.

I think it's pretty clear that atleast a few of them were visited by ghosts from the island. Hurley was Charlie and I reckon Kate was visited by Claire.

Really, really good episode I thought. Can't wait to find out why there was no crash (Maybe the Island only took the people that were on the first plane?) and I'm interested to see if that guy that was sorta randomly there will have any importance. Also looking forward to Kate and Sawyer reuniting and seeing what happens there, even though I think there's more potential in Sawyer/Juliet. At this point, it's pretty clear Kate will go Jack or nothing.

Jack, I wish you had believed me. JL

Well now that just made me feel even worse about what happened. :(

That episode was quite the mindfuck:

Uh... did Ben kill Penny? He said he had a 'promise for an old friend,' obviously a reference to the moment with him and Widmore last season where he promised he'd kill his daughter.

All the little things to recreate the crash were brilliant - Hurley with a guitar (Charlie's guitar), Jack's letter (Sawyer's letter), Sayid in handcuffs (Kate in handcuffs), etc.

Something is definitely up with that other guy though. I thought he was going to be the one to crash the plane, but he was obviously there for a reason.

The airline they were flying matches the water bottle found in the canoes two weeks ago, was that Jack, Kate, Hurley and/or Sayid shooting at Sawyer, Juliette and the others?

Next week's episode looks awesome.

Am I right in thinking that Ben's girl"friend" from his time in the Dharma was called Ellie? Or there's someone named Ellie from someone's past? Because...well, you can probably make Eloise into Ellie pretty easily...

Annie was her name. Ellie is the one from the Jughead episode this season who leads Faraday to the bomb.

I am pretty sure that Ellie and Hawking are one in the same.

Whoever pointed out Annie being Charlotte's mother might well be right...but could that possibly make Ben her father?

As for Ben killing Penny....he did say he had a promise to keep, and if you rewatch the episode, when he calls Jack it looks as if he is at a Marina with all kinds of boats behind him, and Desmond/Penny have been traveling by boat.

Personally, I am hoping he tried to kill Penny, and Desmond kicked the shit out of him, explaining why he is all beat up.

Cause if they end Desmond/Penny that way....I am going to be angry as hell!!!

I am pretty sure that Ellie and Hawking are one in the same.

Whoever pointed out Annie being Charlotte's mother might well be right...but could that possibly make Ben her father?

As for Ben killing Penny....he did say he had a promise to keep, and if you rewatch the episode, when he calls Jack it looks as if he is at a Marina with all kinds of boats behind him, and Desmond/Penny have been traveling by boat.

Personally, I am hoping he tried to kill Penny, and Desmond kicked the shit out of him, explaining why he is all beat up.

Cause if they end Desmond/Penny that way....I am going to be angry as hell!!!

That pretty much summises my thoughts. I think I'll need to watch this season again soon, because my family don't keep up with shit like this well and have to ask me questions, and as I answer the questions, I miss stuff leading me to be confused. Then they ask me the stuff I'm confused about and make me miss even more. :shifty:

Does anyone watch Fringe? I struggled through the first couple of episodes but basically hated it. Can see similarities to Lost, but it just seemed so unremarkable.

I started to watch it but then stopped cos I was the only one in my house who understood it and was basically told to get fucked... I'll get it on DVD. It's not as good as Lost, but then it's not the same either so it doesn't bother me.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Fringe. It was ok, but not good enough to keep me watching past that. I don't like shows where there's a new storyline each episode. I know there's a main storyline too, but they move through that quite slowly. You can miss an episode and it won't make a difference. But like i said, i've only watched 2 episodes.

Edited by betterguy

Fringe seems to be one week of pretty witty, entertaining television, followed by two weeks of the most boring shit you'll ever watch in your life. It's been a chore getting through this first season, but I feel like I've put so much time into it, I can't just give up now in case it gets consistently good. Definitely not as good as Lost or Alias though.

A little time has made me look back really fondly on Alias, I'm going to have to rewatch it. I was totally burned by the last season which was not what I wanted at all, a JJ Special. Then there was Cloverfield where the end just left me feeling a little unsatisfied.

I liked it as well, I just thought the ending was a bit flat. I wasn't expecting a massive revelation or a fight scene ... I don't know, maybe I just got a bit distracted.

Alias was really good, it just got a bit out of control towards the end. I rushed through all the seasons after they aired as well so it's a bit of a blur, but the last one was all over the place. Swerve after swerve and betrayal after betrayal and honestly I got a bit lost even though I was watching them back-to-back. Which is my worst nightmare about where Lost might be going, but with a good 2 years to plan out everything I've got a bit more faith.

Back on topic (H)

I have 2 (or 3) seasons of Alias, and want the rest because I know one day, I will watch it, but I can never get past like the 4th episode or something, and I always then have to restart because I can't remember what the fuck has happened. It doesn't grip me like Lost does (when I get the latest boxset I just fly through it) but i do enjoy it. Haven't seen Cloverfield as I was told by loads of people including people who like Lost/Alias/etc: that it was shit and haven't bothered to pick up the DVD.

Edit: But yeah I think that

Locke being reincarnated upon rearrival to the island

is a certainty, especially since they're "recreating" the crash from last time. I hope they explain the new crash though, I have a feeling they'll just make up a bullshit "oh the island only took those it wanted" story and have done with it, which would be a big let down for me.

Also, didn't Ben tell Locke he could "never come back".

Edited by Footjob Fever