LOST Season 5 *SPOILERS*

Matt

I've always wanted to get into Alias but something about it just never really grabbed my attention. My mum loves it and honestly, the woman has the exact same taste in films and television as I do, so I don't know why I could never get through the first episode. Does it get good enough to warrant forcing myself to watch the first 5ish episodes?

And yeah, I was confused about that too, the whole "I can never come back" thing. I suppose there's two ways you can look at it:

A) When has Benjiman Linus ever said anything with any truth too it? ¬_¬

and...

B) Ben didn't even know about all this tech and ways of getting back onto the island, he just thought he'd never be able to return by boat etc. (Whatever the hell it was they used to get off and on the island).

Personally I'd love for it to be the second reason, with the Island "Rejecting" Ben and trying to kill/get rid of him.

Something I've been thinking about... the old lady said that "The Island isn't done with you" to Desmond. Can anyone else see him turning up midway through in a boat crash with Penny & Charlie? I hope so, I love me some Desmond. :x

Oh, and I just want to state how much I loved the line...

"I don't know, Jack."

"Is he telling the truth?"

"Probally not."

Made me chuckle. :P

Well, this was definitely the episode to watch if you've fallen behind on the show. I really feel like you could've missed most of last season and all of this season so far and be mostly up to speed after tonight. Absolutely fantastic episode and I feel like we're officially on the path to the end of the series.

Absolutely fantastic episode and I feel like we're officially on the path to the end of the series.

Another season to go after this one, yeah?

Yep... 10 more episodes left this season, then 17 more next (final) season.

Fantastic episode, more mind fucks that's for sure.

Really happy Locke is still alive, the way they did that episode was amazing. Really interested more in Whittmore now as well. It's really interesting to see how Locke went and visited the majority of them all too.

What happened in the first bit? I.E before the "L O S T" title came on? I missed it because of my cunt of a sister. Nothing important I imagine, but perhaps something that pieced the story together?

What happened in the first bit? I.E before the "L O S T" title came on? I missed it because of my cunt of a sister. Nothing important I imagine, but perhaps something that pieced the story together?

Cesar was snooping around an old DHARMA station looking at files and seemingly not finding what he was looking for. He noticed a loaded shotgun hidden in an air vent and put it in his bag. The woman (the one who looks a bit like Michelle Rodriguez that spoke to Locke on the beach) came in and asked if he'd found anything. He said he hadn't but she asked what he'd just put in his bag. He took out a flashlight and threw it over to her. I think that was everything.

Cheers -A-

Why do we use spoiler tags in this topic? Aren't they pretty pointless, considering that the topic is marked for spoilers?

I think it's mainly because the UK get it 4 days later and thus don't want to read what hasn't aired here yet, so yeah, spoiler tags gernerally stop being used after Sunday.

Edited by Footjob Fever

And i've grown to not stand Heroes, Prison Break, and the Terminator series at all, so that says a lot.

Oh yes, the three gems of recent TV History. <_<

I have looked into a cupple of lost episodes during the last weeks and it is not as terrible as it was in the first seasons... thank god the flashbacks are gone, they never made sens nor were important... right now stuff at least seems to move forward... i still have much dislike for them not being able to talk to each other to create more suspense... the idea of making non suspensy moments by randomly aplying the scarry high noise music... and the amound of 180% vince russo surprise turns, seriusly, i got so used to this by the episodes i saw and i just always know what twist is comming next. The most unlikely has become the most likely very early on. And thats still just lame.

But again, it´s gotten less mind numbering.

I thought that last episode was quite good, I'm glad to see they went to route of Juliet and Sawyer because honestly, I could care less about Kate and her messing with Jack and Sawyer honestly made me not like the character, which I'm fairly certain wasn't what the writers are going for. I like the idea of them being in the 1970's, because it means we'll probally get an explanation to everything that couldn't be explained in the present. (Dharma etc.)

I also assume the 'big battle' the writers have been talking about is probally going to end up being Dharma/Others with Jack and co. taking sides. Whatever happened to all the people that were on the island and didn't make it to the freighter, btw? Like Rose and Bernard? :\

I'd also just like to say that I defintley wouldn't call Terminator or Heroes "gems". I liked Terminator for the first few episodes, but after sticking through the rest of series 1 and some of series 2, I was just bored to tears by it. And Heroes, well... It had a fantastic first series, a horrible second, a meh third and the current series... eh, it's good, but it just doesn't seem to be keeping me interested. When I first watched the show I couldn't wait for a new episode, where as now I find myself watching it just because I've nothing better to do.

Edited by TKz

Ok so everyone is 1980 right now?

I think they landed 73 and since it is 3 years later they should be in 76.

I'd also just like to say that I defintley wouldn't call Terminator or Heroes "gems". I liked Terminator for the first few episodes, but after sticking through the rest of series 1 and some of series 2, I was just bored to tears by it. And Heroes, well... It had a fantastic first series, a horrible second, a meh third and the current series... eh, it's good, but it just doesn't seem to be keeping me interested. When I first watched the show I couldn't wait for a new episode, where as now I find myself watching it just because I've nothing better to do.

I was being sarcastic, he said it would be a big deal that he likes lost becaus he dos not like these three shows.

Great episode. Although I don't understand how Richard hasn't aged in any single shape or form. This is now apparently set numerous years before, so why is he exactly the same when he hasn't actually been travelling through time like the rest? Unless he has, but then that wouldn't make sense as to why he doesn't remember anyone. Unless he's acting that way and is actually travelling like the rest were, I don't fucking know this show hurts your mind more and more every week :shifty:

Either way, I loved the episode. It helped throw a little more insight on things and the end scene with Kate returning after the previous speech Sawyer made just a few minutes before the scene. I'm sure they'll fuck my mind over once again next week.