NFL 2009

livid

Sure, but they also need young talent to build around, especially on defense. That's exactly what Gaines Adams was.

Pretty bad move on TB's part, in my opinion. Especially for what will most likely end up being a high 2nd round pick, considering that Gaines himself was the 4th overall pick just a couple of years ago.

Edited by Mysterio2000X
  • Like 1

I can't really knock the Bucs for making the trade. He had a good rookie year and a decent year last year but not really what you would hope for when you draft him at #4 overall. Not to mention he was drafted by the previous coach so Morris and co. might not be as high on him as Gruden was.

He may end up having a good career but obviously hasn't shown the Bucs enough to turn down being offered a decent draft pick in return.

I don't know how they do it, but the nfl refs always find new ways to screw the browns over...they stop the steelers on 4th down AND we even see the measurement, which shows its clearly short, and they give pittsburgh a 1st down! This type of stuff can only happen to the browns

• Like 1

St. Louis Rams lose to Jacksonville 23-20 Final/OT

Now I know Im a Rams fan Im gonna admit that now. But I still think the NFL needs to change their OT Rules. Im not just saying this now Ive felt this way for a long time. I like the idea of the a full kickoff and all. But I think it needs to be fifteen minutes full quarter. Most points at the end of the OT wins. Its just a five quarter game. Your guys opinons?

Its fine as it is, this isn't college football, these teams are supposed to be filled with the best of the best, a pro level defense should be able to make a stop and get the ball back for their offense and if they can't, too bad.

• Like 1

I just don't like the fact that in the actual game, things are equal (each team gets the ball to start one of the halves), but in "sudden death" overtime one team gets a distinct advantage.

On another note. LOL Washington Redskins.

Tomorrow on ESPN 980 they better finally own up. No this, that, or the other. No deflecting and saying something bad about the Cowboys, or how Campbell this, or that Collins that, or anything the fuck else. YOU SUCK ! Just admit it. My God they better hope I don't get through the lines or the email box tomorrow.

How does each side not get its chance already? Are defenses irrelevant now? Make the stop, you get your chance. Look at Cleveland/Cincinnati a few weeks ago, both sides got several chances to score because both defenses played well.

Its not like the offense gets to start at their opponent's 20, more often than not, they're at their own 20. If you can't stop a 50 to 60 yard drive from happening, when its absolutely critical that you do, you don't deserve to win.

Edited by Maxx

I just don't like the fact that in the actual game, things are equal (each team gets the ball to start one of the halves), but in "sudden death" overtime one team gets a distinct advantage.

This. Times a thousand. I've hated sudden death forever now. The whole defense argument is absurd to me.

How does each side not get its chance already?

Not each team is assured a possession. That's how.

Are defenses irrelevant now? Make the stop, you get your chance. Look at Cleveland/Cincinnati a few weeks ago, both sides got several chances to score because both defenses played well.

No, they aren't irrelevant. Cincy/Cleveland both got several chances due to offensive ineptness, not because the overtime rules were set up so that both teams had an equal chance to score/win the game in OT. Why change the rules for OT ? They keep the game clock going don't they ? So then keep the game going. In regulation time even if you don't make a stop, you get your chance to score. Why change the game ?

Its not like the offense gets to start at their opponent's 20, more often than not, they're at their own 20. If you can't stop a 50 to 60 yard drive from happening, when its absolutely critical that you do, you don't deserve to win.

In regulation I agree with you. In OT however, I don't agree that it's "that simple" so to speak. You're putting the honus on one team. Who says the other squad's defense could have made the stop ? One 50-60 yard drive in regulation doesn't necessarily win you the game, so why should it in OT ? If you do that, and then stop the other team from scoring, then yes you deserve to win.

How does each side not get its chance already? Are defenses irrelevant now? Make the stop, you get your chance. Look at Cleveland/Cincinnati a few weeks ago, both sides got several chances to score because both defenses played well.

But why should one side have to earn it and the other side doesn't? That's where the advantage plays in; they have to earn their right to get a chance to win and the other team gets it off the bat

iono id like new overtime rules

Defenses can score too y'know. Look at the Bears a few years ago, Mike Brown had back to back overtime-winning pick 6's (actually it may have beent wice in three weeks thinking about it). Why the argument is absurd I'm not sure, I don't see how having to play well on defense is a problem. Besides, if it's that unfair, do your job in the first four quarters and you won't have to worry about it. Having to play a fifth quarter is stupid, the best idea was the 6 points one, but I've no problem with keeping it as is.