NFL 2009

livid

I'm really disappointed with Keith Brooking's comments after the game and as a Cowboys fan, that's hard for me to say. I think Brad Childress put it the right way, it was the Cowboys defense's job to stop them from scoring points and they just couldn't. Brooking's remarks come off as very whiny and I think it makes the team look bad. He's supposed to be one of our defensive leaders and he complains about the fact that the Vikings scored another touchdown. I don't think there's any room in professional sports for players to complain about the other team "running up" the score on them.

Guest JukeboxHero

I was just coming in here to post about Brooking's comments myself.

I absolutely HATE it when people complain about "running up the score". Makes no sense. If he didn't want Minnesota to keep scoring points, maybe the Cowboys defense should have done something about it.

I was just coming in here to post about Brooking's comments myself.

I absolutely HATE it when people complain about "running up the score". Makes no sense. If he didn't want Minnesota to keep scoring points, maybe the Cowboys defense should have done something about it.

:rolleyes: and if Dallas could have done that on Sunday Minnesota wouldn't have rolled them under the bus. I agree it's kind of tacky to say something like that, but it's equally as dumb to say they should have stopped them/done something about it. If they could have, it wouldn't have gotten to the point that it did in which it was kind of tacky that the Vikes tossed the last one in.

With what we've got now however, I'm hoping for a Saints/Jets Super Bowl. I know I shat on the Jets for even being in but they have the ultimate chance to throw Karma in the face of the Colts. That has won me over.

• Like 1

Phillips will definitely be gone after next season if the Cowboys don't win the Super Bowl.

As for Brooking, he's an idiot and this isn't the first time he's ran his mouth off. He also did it when the Cowboys beat the Falcons.

Personally, I don't believe in running up the score in the NFL, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Cowboys fan. But I understand why teams do it. (Although, I'll laugh my ass off if one of these days the Jets thoroughly annihilate the Patriots and run up the score on them as revenge for Cameragate)

Bills hire Chan Gailey as head coach.

Cowher, Billick, Shanahan, Gruden... and you get Chan Gailey.

To be fair Cowher and Gruden didn't wanna coach, Shanahan was offered huge money by Washington, and Billick...well, he's uh...Brian Billick.

Brian Billick would still be a better choice than Chan fucking Gailey.

Hell, I hope Jerry Jones has Billick on his list of coaches when he goes looking for someone to replace Wade Phillips after he gets fired next season, unless there's a chance of landing Cowher or Gruden. Then again, I think Cowher or Gruden coaching Dallas is about as likely to happen as Lane Kiffin setting foot in Tennessee again and getting out alive.

Being an Australian, I don't have as much knowledge of the game as Americans.. but what is the best record a rookie coach has had?

Surely the Colts new coach has made some kind of record taking his team to 14-2 and in the divisional playoffs?

I heard that Schottenheimer wanted the Bills job but they weren't interested. Playoff record aside I am surprised they wouldn't want someone who has proven he can build very good teams pretty fast.

I heard that Schottenheimer wanted the Bills job but they weren't interested. Playoff record aside I am surprised they wouldn't want someone who has proven he can build very good teams pretty fast.

Where did you hear about Schottenheimer? His son (who is currently the Jets Offensive Coordinator) was supposed to interview for the job. Didn't hear anything about Marty.

Best start :P He won the 14 straight, that's the best start in history.

That was my loophole in case I was wrong <_<

You weren't necessarily wrong. They tied for best regular season for a rookie head coach in the post-merger era. Not going to look at everything before the merger. And yeah, Caldwell did take the longest time to lose his first game. Despite that, there's no proof he's actually alive. Has anyone ever seen him blink... or breathe?