Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mafia

Serra Da Estrela Mountain Range, Portugal, October 1910

The sound of small rocks disturbed under the hurried steps of a fleeing man could be heard quite clearly in the silence of the Serra Da Estrela range. The deep gorges wedged between the tall peaks created an echo effect that amplified even the slightest noise to fifty times its normal volume. The cold grey walls also bounced the sound to several different locations almost immediately, making it impossible to discern their origin. It was for this reason that he had chosen to flee to this location.

Just days earlier Drogyn the Battlebrand and his companions had been caught up by their pursuer, a man who had identified himself as a representative of the Wolf, the Ram and the Hart, three powerful demonic beings who must not attain the amulet that Drogyn carried. Since then, Drogyn had lost his comrades to this foul being, and on his own, he had ventured from a town in midst of a revolution into the hazardous mountain region known as the Serra Da Estrela.

“Drogyn the Battlebrand!” a voice called out across the canyon. “I applaud your effort, though you are only delaying the inevitable. I will obtain the amulet by any means necessary, as your friends can attest to.”

He glanced quickly up at the miniscule figure standing on the opposite side of the enormous gap between them, though this moment of distraction proved costly, his foot slipping off the edge. Only a moment later he hung one-handed from the cliff face, the sound loud enough to attract the man’s attention. Drogyn was done for, and he knew it. Several minutes later, he had been dragged up the side of the cliff by his hair.

“Drogyn the Battlebrand, my name is Marcus Hamilton and I represent the Wolf, the Ram and the Hart. I’m sure you’ve heard of us.”

Hamilton held out his hand, obviously meaning for it to be taken as a greeting. When Drogyn did not take it, Hamilton curled it up into a fist, delivering a blow to the side of his head.

“Now, I’m sure that you have some sort of daring idea about a grand escape. Let me advise you at this point that it is futile. Even if by chance you do get away, I will find you again, and I will have the amulet. The Senior Partners desire it, and so I will deliver it to them. Are we clear?”

“Yes,” was the response he received through the mouth full of blood.

“Will you try to escape?”

Drogyn shook his head.

“Good. I know that if asked a question, you cannot lie Drogyn. It is through the divine link I share with the Senior Partners that I have this knowledge, and so I ask this question. Do you have the amulet?”

He remained stoic. Hamilton stared intently into his face and raised his fist.

“Where is the amulet?!” Hamilton once again began to beat on his captor until he screamed in pain for it to stop.

“I... I have the...,” he exhaled heavily before finishing his sentence, “...the amulet.”

“WHERE IS IT?!”

Drogyn looked down to his chest. Hamilton followed his eyes and caught a glimpse of a silver chain beneath Drogyn’s armour. He reached his hand beneath Drogyn’s shirt and lifted the chain up over his head.

“I appreciate your co-operation, even if it was late in its arrival.” Hamilton stood and turned around to walk off, but behind him Drogyn had already got to his feet, his sword drawn.

“It is my duty to see that the amulet never falls into the hands of one such as yourself. If I must die to break my oath I will. I will not be known as a coward.”

Drogyn thrust his sword towards Hamilton who dodged with ease. The force of the thrust almost carried Drogyn off the cliff again. Quickly he rebalanced himself and made a cutting motion that would trap Hamilton between the wall and his blade. Hamilton simply stood still, the sword shattering upon impact with his body.

“As I have told you. Your attempts to protect the amulet from me are futile.” With this he grabbed Drogyn by the neck, choking him until he became unconscious before tossing him to the ground.

“The Partners will be pleased.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last time, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Sunnydale, May 2003

“Buffy!”

She glanced in the general direction of the voice. Her eyes were met with a blinding bluish light which quickly faded to an ambient orange.

“Spike!”

The amulet, now alight with a fury akin to fire shot out several beams of light. Like homing beacons they sought out the Turok-Han, and within moments nothing remained of them but ashes.

Faith stood at the entrance ushering people to get out. The walls of the Hellmouth were collapsing around them. The Slayers needed to get out. Buffy however, ran to Spike’s side, a worried expression clearly showing on her face.

“I can feel it Buffy,” exasperation evident in Spike’s voice.

“What?”

Spike’s gaze was withdrawn from the underground cavern, now flooded with the light of the amulet and into Buffy’s eyes.

“My soul. It’s really there. Kind of stings.”

“You’ve done enough. You could still-“

“No,” his words ringing with determination. “You’ve beat them back. It’s for me to do the cleanup.”

Faith was still waiting on the stairway.

“Buffy, come on!” She was willing to wait only for a few moments. All too quickly was the cavern collapsing around them.

“Gotta move lamb. I think it’s fair to say school’s out for the bloody summer.” The hint of a smile crossed his face. Tears began to form; he knew this was their final farewell.

Buffy called his name again and made a motion to drag him away from his task. He put out a hand to stop her.

“I mean it! I gotta do this.”

She grabbed his hand tenderly and spoke just three words.

“I love you.”

It was the words he’d wanted to hear ever since he got his soul back, and as much as he would have liked to hear them more, he knew she didn’t feel it, not the same way he did.

“No you don’t, but thanks for saying it. Now go! I wanna see how it ends.”

Buffy took off up the stairs just as the roof began to cave. Spike remained where he was, laughing at the chaos surrounding him. Slowly he burned up beneath the natural light of the sun, all the while smiling.

On the stairway leading up to the seal, another figure stood. Not one of the slayers, not a Turok-Han, not a Bringer, just a girl. Jenny Calender looked down on the scene and smiled, or at least, the First did so under her guise. Things were progressing better than it could have hoped. The Slayer thought she had won, but really, this was only the beginning. The Hellmouth was not destroyed, but soon would be created anew, and Los Angeles would be its home.

Cue Opening Credits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mafia

This game is based on the cult hit TV shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin off series Angel. It is based after the events of Not Fade Away and pretends as if Angel: After the Fall and Buffy: Season 8 both never existed. There is no doubt that there will be some continuity flaws. I am not perfect, and apparently, neither are the writers of Angel.

There will be 18 players. Do not be discouraged to sign up as I will be picking and choosing who I would like to be in the game. This does not necessarily mean that if I don't like you, you won't be in, as I like a healthy mix of people that piss me off too. Those of you that have PM'd me to ask for a pre-registration, you will be guaranteed a spot in the game provided you respond in this thread. I will PM you to ensure you are aware of it. Sign-ups will probably close tomorrow night at about 8:30pm Brisbane time (+10GMT), just over 24 hours from the time of this post. At this point I will choose the players, send out role PMs and open the game thread.

Edited by Major Momo Hughes

Oh hells yeah I'm in. I wouldn't miss this for the End of the World. No matter which time it is that Buffy needs to save it.

Using Jenny as the Firsts form is an awesome choice too Momo (Y)