The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Roman Pavlyuchenko has hinted he is ready to leave Tottenham after failing to hold down a first-team place.

The Russian striker is set to start in Spurs' Carling Cup clash with Doncaster but has otherwise struggled for playing time so far this season.

Jermain Defoe has made a flying start to the season, ably supported by strike partner Robbie Keane, while new signing Peter Crouch has been employed as a back-up.

With Pavlyuchenko facing a season as the fourth choice front-man at White Hart Lane, the 27-year-old has stated he may leave the club in order to guarantee first-team football to protect his international place.

"No footballer likes being on the bench game after game. I could lose my place in the Russia squad ahead of the 2010 World Cup," he told Russian newspaper Sport Express.

"I'm ready now to listen to offers from other clubs."

This isn't going to please my Spurs supporting cousin, luckily they still have about 9 other strikers ¬_¬

We have three other strikers. I wouldn't object to loaning Pav out with the World Cup coming up but if we can keep hold of him it would be a real asset. I'd like to see him get some more chances in the league, Keane has been rubbish so far this season and Crouch did well against West Ham but not so much before that.

Spurs might be signing Oscar Chavez, a Honduran international defender recommended by Wilson Palacios. Supposedly making a loan offer for some French midfielder called Anin too.

Forget arab money transfer craziness. Frankly, if Portsmouth manage to rebuild even a semi-decent team in the next 4 or 5 days, that'll be amazing for them.

I do hope that Villa manage to buy Warnock and Dunne (though I imagine they're more likely to get Distin). It'll continue the trend of them filling the squad with players I really like, and they are of course quality.

We have three other strikers. I wouldn't object to loaning Pav out with the World Cup coming up but if we can keep hold of him it would be a real asset. I'd like to see him get some more chances in the league, Keane has been rubbish so far this season and Crouch did well against West Ham but not so much before that.

Spurs might be signing Oscar Chavez, a Honduran international defender recommended by Wilson Palacios. Supposedly making a loan offer for some French midfielder called Anin too.

Oscar Chavez looks good, and hopefully Redknapp will be able to develop him much like Wigan are doing with Figueroa. Also there's two other Club Deportivo Olimpia players who may go to Wigan. Honduran footballers are definately on the rise, and it's only time before Ramon Nunez is snapped up.

Huth's a Perfectly Acceptable centre-back for a team whose main priority is staying out of the relegation battle.

Tuncay is indeed a coup, though Stoke probably needed another attacking player more than Villa do anyway.

Speaking of which, Villa have agreed a fee for Dunne. Awesome.

He seems like one of those players that everyone is linked to, but only gets a small bid tabled on the last day when it's obvious he's going to be leaving.

Nice to see that Stoke kept some of their transfer kitty until now instead of blowing it all on overinflated players.

And by not being so public about any deals (unlike Hull) they don't look like rebound signings

Portsmouth have signed Michael Brown from Wigan and Kevin-Prince Boateng from Spurs for a combined fee of about £4m. I'm not really bothered about losing Boateng, he wasn't great. Pompey also want Jamie O'Hara on loan although I don't see them getting him, he's a useful player and one we definitely need to hold onto.

Portsmouth have signed Michael Brown from Wigan and Kevin-Prince Boateng from Spurs for a combined fee of about £4m. I'm not really bothered about losing Boateng, he wasn't great. Pompey also want Jamie O'Hara on loan although I don't see them getting him, he's a useful player and one we definitely need to hold onto.

Michael Brown was a "nominal" fee, Boateng was £4m. Which is surely over the odds for a player who only played 14 times for Spurs.

And Harry said he's happy to let O'Hara join Pompey on loan, to get some first team football. I'm surprised, because I would have expected him to play a fair few games for Tottenham.