The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Very nice business for Everton - John Heitinga for just over 6 mil. Great great player.

EDIT: Bentley to Liverpool on loan? Ugh. We have a decent deep squad for the first time in years and then in the sapce of a week we get two injuries and send two out on loan (if Bentley indeed goes to Liverpool on loan). Stupidity. Good if the lad Niko comes in though. Great cover.

EDIT 2: Ok, so I always mocked Zaz when he signed Kranjcar for Spurs in his Footy Manager game last year but he's grown on me (thankfully) and he's been the only good thing about Pompey this season. I thought he was older than 25 and to get him for the rumoured £2million in this climate is just UTTERLY ridiculously good. Nice to have him, Modric and Corluka as three Croats working together for Tottenham.

Also, rumours of a Alan Hutton/Anton Ferdinand switch. Might work out well...Means we'd have five centre backs when all fit though - someone would get upset.

Kranjar for 3m is ridiculous, what the hell are Pompey thinking?

"Duh I sell every player worth a damn and replace them with slightly above average Championship players" ¬_¬

EDIT: Now it's looking like Dave Nugent has left Pompey

lolololololololololololololololol *fade to black*

Edited by The General

He's unhappy and his contract ends at the end of the season so they probably just want to get something for him and move on with the new squad. Still a very good price from Spurs' view though.

I'm also glad we kept Bentley, as CSAMH said we've got great strength in depth because of players like him and while I wouldn't have objected to a loan swap with City for Petrov, I'm fine with keeping Bentley.

Apparently there were again rumours of Anton Ferdinand to Spurs? I realise we have three CBs injured at the moment but there was really no need to bring another defender in. Woodgate is back in training, Corluka's a decent enough fill-in alongside Bassong and we have great depth at RB. Only question mark is LB but BAE has really come into his own as a starter and I've always liked Bale, he's a solid back-up to have.

Guest Ringmaster

Everton signing Heitinga is odd, mainly 'cause Heitinga made (insert Newcastle defender of choice from last year that isn't Bassong) look like Maldini over at Atleti. I mean, fantastic in the Eeredivisie but in Spain? Wow, I don't think I ever saw a defender this awful. Hopefully it was just a bad time in his career. Also Krancjar is a lazy motherfucker who only plays well when he can be bothered. At that price, a steal, but still, lazy bastard. Also, last I checked he and Corluka have bad blood from their time in Croatia! Corluka sang about how he was a fat shit or something when Hajduk didn't win the league! It shall start a feud in the locker room! :shifty:

Everton signing Heitinga is odd, mainly 'cause Heitinga made (insert Newcastle defender of choice from last year that isn't Bassong) look like Maldini over at Atleti. I mean, fantastic in the Eeredivisie but in Spain? Wow, I don't think I ever saw a defender this awful. Hopefully it was just a bad time in his career. Also Krancjar is a lazy motherfucker who only plays well when he can be bothered. At that price, a steal, but still, lazy bastard. Also, last I checked he and Corluka have bad blood from their time in Croatia! Corluka sang about how he was a fat shit or something when Hajduk didn't win the league! It shall start a feud in the locker room! :shifty:

Wow you're taking this really far. Heitinga played so shit at Atletico that he had a starting spot, even this season? Yeah, he must be shit.

He got a 0 out of 10 at the weekend! 0!

NOUGHT?!?!? That must mean that he's ACTUALLY SCIENTIFICALLY totally useless. Totally. Worse than Titus Bramble's uncordinated great grandmother who can't even lift her head from her death bed.

Seriously.

It's scientific.

Guest Ringmaster

Wow you're taking this really far. Heitinga played so shit at Atletico that he had a starting spot, even this season? Yeah, he must be shit.

I certainly wouldn't correlate quality of play with amount of starts, especially not for defenders in Spain, after all, how does Alexis still hold onto a starting spot for Valencia? Why is Angel Lopez still allowed to put on a shirt for Villareal on a regular basis? Why did Fernando Navarro play so much for Seville when he seemed interested in crippling players and giving away free kicks? For all the criticism England gets for buying squad players over flair performers, we'll never hear anything about teams in La Liga never buying good defenders. They try, but it's always after they've spent 80% of their transfer fund on attackers.

But there's a reason Heitinga held onto his spot for Atleti; he's versatile. And with a paper-thin defense that at times seemed hell-bent on getting suspended, he was going to play a lot. He even played at left-mid at some point! Still, it should be telling that once Aguirre was sacked, Heitinga was dropped to the bench. Up until Luis Perrea decided he was going to kick a player in the knee cap to get his ball.

It's odd really, because last season Atleti bought Ujfalusi and Heitinga to steady their defense, instead they got unmitigated horror with Heitinga only really up for big games (well, except against Barca :shifty:) and Ujfalusi looking really, really slow.

I certainly wouldn't correlate quality of play with amount of starts, especially not for defenders in Spain, after all, how does Alexis still hold onto a starting spot for Valencia? Why is Angel Lopez still allowed to put on a shirt for Villareal on a regular basis? Why did Fernando Navarro play so much for Seville when he seemed interested in crippling players and giving away free kicks? For all the criticism England gets for buying squad players over flair performers, we'll never hear anything about teams in La Liga never buying good defenders. They try, but it's always after they've spent 80% of their transfer fund on attackers.

But there's a reason Heitinga held onto his spot for Atleti; he's versatile. And with a paper-thin defense that at times seemed hell-bent on getting suspended, he was going to play a lot. He even played at left-mid at some point! Still, it should be telling that once Aguirre was sacked, Heitinga was dropped to the bench. Up until Luis Perrea decided he was going to kick a player in the knee cap to get his ball.

It's odd really, because last season Atleti bought Ujfalusi and Heitinga to steady their defense, instead they got unmitigated horror with Heitinga only really up for big games (well, except against Barca :shifty:) and Ujfalusi looking really, really slow.

You ignored the fact Ujfalusi can't tackle or jump. All the makings of a top quality defender.

And to be fair you did slag off a Dutch footballer - were you expecting anything other than a counterpoint? <_<

"Duh I sell every player worth a damn and replace them with slightly above average Championship players" ¬_¬

EDIT: Now it's looking like Dave Nugent has left Pompey

lolololololololololololololololol *fade to black*

His contract was expiring, which I'm sure Harry knew about.

Everton signing Heitinga is odd, mainly 'cause Heitinga made (insert Newcastle defender of choice from last year that isn't Bassong)

Beye? He was voted Newcastle player of the year. I think..

Edited by ONO