Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Yay Chelsea! Good work, definitely want them to win the league so the big goal-difference zinger of a victory was tasty.

So two good results (Chelsea and the Man City draw) and three bad ones (Spurs, Liverpool, Villa).

Still we have to beat Bolton and then Liverpool are all but out of it and a win over Blackburn will knock Villa out too. So it's just the big game against Man City STILL and I'm nervous. Still, a draw SHOULD be enough. Seven points. Definitely do-able.

But yeah, yay Chelsea and good to see Joe Cole get the chance to get some confidence back heading into the summer because he should be going to the World Cup.

• Like 1

PFA results:

8747742.jpg

Player of the Year: Wayne Rooney

Young Player of the Year: James Milner

Team of the Year:

Joe Hart (Birmingham)

Patrice Evra (Manchester United)

Richard Dunne (Aston Villa)

Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal)

Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea)

James Milner (Aston Villa)

Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Antonio Valencia (Manchester United)

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

But Liverpool want you to win so that United don't win the league. Because United not winning the league is more important to them than a Champions League place! </AnnoyingConspiracyTheoristCunt>

Villa/Brum was an awesome match, ruined by a bad decision. I'm sure Summers will be happy regardless. ¬_¬ A bit like Ben Watson not being able to take a legal corner and scoring from it twice times... hilarious when it's in your favour. ¬_¬

Quote of the millenium goes to Tony Pulis though: "We were lucky to get nil today..."

Edited by Farmer Reil

I guess I ought to use spoiler brackets since that PFA Results thing says "strictly embargoed" until, ooh, 22 minutes from now, huh? :shifty:

Well, whatever.

Awesome that Ivanovic got in the team, as he really has been excellent this year. Also yay that Rooney only won one of the awards, thus making it less silly.

Manchester City have written to the Premier League asking for clearance to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency loan deal until the end of the season. And BBC Sport understands the Premier League is likely to grant City's request for a temporary replacement.

Shay Given will miss City's last three games after dislocating his shoulder in the 0-0 draw with Arsenal on Saturday.

Stuart Taylor is also out and Joe Hart is on loan at Birmingham, which leaves only the inexperienced Gunnar Nielsen.

More to follow.

I guess they can't bring Hart back, then...

The FA shouldn't let them bring another 'keeper in. They should make do with what they have, then have a youth goalie on the bench. They have all the money in the world, so are able to buy as many GK'ers as they like when the season is over.

Their own mistake for leaving themselves short, so they should deal with it.

Edited by Baddar
  • Like 1

They have four goalkeepers

One is currently fit

The emergency loan is for them to bring in another goalkeeper as a backup... even though the most likely scenario is that they'll throw some money at Brum and get their man back.

EDIT: Lets remember of course that Portsmouth paid money to bring in a player on loan at the start of this season, only for the club to give them some money to have him back so they could sell him.

Edited by The General
  • Like 1

• Admin

I'm not convinced they would unless they were given some kind of assurance that they could have him back next year?

Couple of the names touted so far are Marton Fulop and David James. Both are good keepers; you'd imagine Fulop to be the liklier of the two.