...well that didn't live up to the hype.

Hellfire

Requiem for a Dream- D.A. re-made Pi, but this time with drugs!

American History X- Ed Norton takes creative control to add more shots of him posing- a glorified TV Movie that is inexplicably loved by some.

Agreed 100% on the last LOTR movie: I thought it was boring as hell. Wasn't the last book the shortest of the three? How was that movie so damn long?

I liked American Beauty, but it can definitely be hammy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yeah, Requiem for a Dream is the first time I have ever sent back a movie I got from Netflix without finishing the fucking thing. I wasn't in a great mood when I started watching it and realized that I didn't need a movie that utterly miserable in my life two-thirds of the way in, and I still don't. I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and guess that the movie ends with them all dead or hopelessly addicted to drugs or stuck in their bleak miserable situation with no light at the end of the tunnel. Ellen Burstyn deserved her Oscar nomination for that movie but that's the nicest thing I can say about it.

And yeah, American Beauty is a little overwrought but I still like it anyway. I can absolutely see why people would call it overrated, though.

Rocky Horror Picture Show would be another. I only watched the first half or so during college and it took probably a year before I watched the entire thing. I never should have. The first half I originally saw was decent, nothing amazing, but the second half was total shit and ruined the entire film. No idea why its such a cult classic for people.

Rocky Horror Picture Show would be another. I only watched the first half or so during college and it took probably a year before I watched the entire thing. I never should have. The first half I originally saw was decent, nothing amazing, but the second half was total shit and ruined the entire film. No idea why its such a cult classic for people.

Rocky Horror is not a cult classic because it's "good." I don't know if they do midnight screenings wherever you're at, but that's the only way you should see it.

Oh, yeah, Requiem for a Dream is the first time I have ever sent back a movie I got from Netflix without finishing the fucking thing. I wasn't in a great mood when I started watching it and realized that I didn't need a movie that utterly miserable in my life two-thirds of the way in, and I still don't. I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and guess that the movie ends with them all dead or hopelessly addicted to drugs or stuck in their bleak miserable situation with no light at the end of the tunnel. Ellen Burstyn deserved her Oscar nomination for that movie but that's the nicest thing I can say about it.

And yeah, American Beauty is a little overwrought but I still like it anyway. I can absolutely see why people would call it overrated, though.

Requiem for a Dream is one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. It's the type of thing that would make you want to kick puppies. Even thinking about it is making me feel depressed. Fuck that movie. :angry:

TV wise, recently it's been Fringe.....can't get passed the second episode.

movie wise, and tjis will probably get me in trouble, but the latest Batman movie.....Overhyped doesn't even begin to describe this movie....After watching it, I thought, "Meh....that was just another Batman movie"....Ledger was awesome in it, but for me it didn't live up to the hype caused by his death.

Yeah, Requiem For A Dream is shit. I'm glad other people didn't like it, because I've never heard a bad word said against it before. Drugs are bad, we get it. It's just so heavy-handed and layers on the EMOTION far far too much. And film quality-wise, it feels like it's either been made by film students or for film students. Not an enjoyable film by any measure, nor is it one that told me anything - rendering it utterly pointless.

The Two Towers & Return of the King - Terrible. Just painfully bad films. The first film I actually liked and should go in the other thread as I figured it would suck, but was pleasantly surprised. And the fact I liked it made me get semi-excited for The Two Towers. And well, just... wow at how bad that is.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Again, another film where the first should be in the other thread. I always thought the HP stuff people had talked about was kiddy BS in high school, because I was probably just trying to act cool or something. Sick from school I watch the first and I'm hooked on the series and eventually read all the books. HP5 however was a let down. The longest book in the series and one of the shortest films, totally missing a lot from the book in terms of concept and emotion (in my opinion). I think it really missed the boat on what should have been the best film of the franchise to date, with that said the trailers from HP6 seem to show that it will rectify all of this.

Step Brothers - Thought it'd be funny, and I think I only chuckled once. I should re-watch it however as some of these films I find better on the second time around.

Pineapple Express - Everyone came back saying how funny it was... really wasn't that good. Some parts here and there, but overall not as great as it was made out to be.

IM glad people dislike Pineapple Express too. I was expecting some great comedy but it was below average, with the only good things from it were Defrancos scenes to be honest. Seth Rogen needs to stop being in movies, or at least stop being the main character in movies. The only good movie hes been in where hes been the main character was Knocked Up, but I would even rate that as just alright.

Oh, and No Country for Old Men. People were cumming for the movie when it came out left and right, talking about how great it was... It wsant. It was decent, but the ending was far from great. Just ending abruptly like that I didnt like for the movie. The villain in the movie looked more funny than scary to me, just because of the hair he had looked like it was a very bad wig.

Seven Pounds - Was decent, but expected more from the trailer. After the first 11 minutes you know what is going to happen and you wait two hours to get there in unimpressive fashion.

Hancock - I'm a fan of Will Smith, but this was not funny in the slightest. Terrible terrible film.

Napolean Dynamite. Easily the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. All through school, all the kids were in love with the movie calling it one of the funniest movies they ever saw. So one day I finally watched it and didn't laugh once.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Anchorman.

Anchorman's actually an alright movie considering what it was going to be with that sort of cast. Bigger problem is that when I finally watched it, I not only heard all the stuff I knew my friends liked to quote, but stuff I thought they'd made up on their own.

Napolean Dynamite. Easily the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. All through school, all the kids were in love with the movie calling it one of the funniest movies they ever saw. So one day I finally watched it and didn't laugh once.

YES!!! I hated that piece of shit, and I tried to watch it three different times, and I always turned it off