The England thread

Anyone see Becks playing last night? He was on fire. If he plays like that he'll be our best player, he looks like he's about 24, up and down like no-one's business and making some excellent play.

Also, it was Albania's first team, not Albania B, to whoever said it. And Downing played poor, his first goal was relatively easy and for his second, he made it harder than it needed to be. Other than that he looked clueless and gave away possesion constantly.

Edited by - Matt -

Steve Guppy.

*cringes*

Nah he looked out of his depth in the Trophy final, I'd suggest Mitchell Cole is you want anyone serious on the left. Played a blinder for the National Game XI and it seems playing games for shit alternative sides against shit sides is enough for a call up now.

I'm giggling already at Beckham, I can see it now, half decent cross bundled in and it'll be all about him. Crouch score hat trick including a 40 yard bicycle kick and it'd still be about Beckham as Crouch is dropped for the next game when Rooneys back. We're pathetic.

People for a while have been talking him up as our saviour again. Ever since he was dropped practically you've had the people trying to talk about him coming back in. We know the English by now, and I'm almost certain, he scores a freekick or creates a goal and it'll be the same old thing from people of "That's why he shuld've been in the team" same as it always is with players like Gerrard and Rooney. They do the good deed and will get the same response "that silenced the critics" despite the one good out of the things they do wrong for them. It's always been like that with Beckham and I don't believe for a second this'll be different.

I too have always stood up for Becks, but I reckon it'll be a less biased reports, if Beckham doesn't do too well - i.e. doesn't set up/score a goal or give 150% - they'll say he should never have been brought back and Mac was stupid to. Then he'll miss 3-4 games which we'll not do too well in and the whole debate will spark up again.

If he plays well, makes a few good tackles, runs around the pitch and really tries, maybe sets up a goal or two, the media will say Mac was stupid to drop him in the first place and Beckham will be a god once more.

I think he'll do well, certainly he will if he plays like he did for Real last night.