Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

It's a new "Americanised" Premier League I'm making (with additional RELEGATION! :shifty:)

Top 4 go into play-off for title.

Bottom team gets relegated, 9-11 play 2nd from championship in play-off, 3 teams survive.

Now working on renaming the teams and creating new badges for them.

Teams all sound a little Pro Evo but I guess that's the risk you take with anything like this.

North London Gunners

Birmingham Villains

Birmingham Blues

London Lions

Liverpool Toffees

Liverpool Liver Birds

Manchester Citizens

Manchester Red Devils

Newcastle Magpies

Sunderland Black Cats

North London Spurs

East London Hammers

Massive memory leaks causing the game to crash dump every two games or so. Tried tens of suggestions at the SI boards, just seems like the game doesn't work properly with certain systems. They tried to blame my graphics card, even though I can play EVE Online, Civ4, Spore, etc with no slowdown at all and no crashes (I have a quad-core processor and 8GB RAM). I also turned off the 3D match engine and it STILL crashes. It's unacceptable, so I had to resign to going back and playing FM09 and continued my old game and it's snowballed into quite a legendary rise for Wrexham to the Premier League. (H)

I've been having that too, haven't played for a long period of time since I did everything they recommendeded at the boards though. About to start it up now, here's hoping it doesn't crash :/

So I started a game as Arsenal, determined to continue the Wenger-style tactic of buying cheap young players and rearing them to be world class, while also selling anybody who wants to leave. I was having trouble winning tackles and keeping possession at the start but I think I've figured that out, started with a draw at home against Liverpool and a win at home against Spurs in the league. I have Fabregas, Arshavin and Van Persie running into channels and Walcott being awesome on the wing... seems to be working well.

But my defence is shit. I play with a high line and while I understand that it's risky, every single ball the other team plays goes over my defence and onto a runner, always played perfectly. I lost to Celtic 2-0 at home having dominated the tie and I'm out of the CL in the playoff having lost 3-2 on aggregate, which is fucking annoying. It happened against Celtic in the first leg and my other two games as well. Fuck that, not every team can thread the perfect through ball to a clinical striker who only needs one chance to score <_<

Arshavin is another problem. He's missed like 5 clear cut chances in each of my last two games. Prick. And I seem to have a few goals disallowed every game as well.

Say I have a Spanish feeder club, I've heard I can use it to avoid work permit's for players I want to sign from abroad. Anyone know how? So basically have the contract accepted, but then send them straight out on loan to the Spanish club without having to go through the work permit process which nearly always is turned down for me.

So I started a game as Arsenal, determined to continue the Wenger-style tactic of buying cheap young players and rearing them to be world class, while also selling anybody who wants to leave. I was having trouble winning tackles and keeping possession at the start but I think I've figured that out, started with a draw at home against Liverpool and a win at home against Spurs in the league. I have Fabregas, Arshavin and Van Persie running into channels and Walcott being awesome on the wing... seems to be working well.

But my defence is shit. I play with a high line and while I understand that it's risky, every single ball the other team plays goes over my defence and onto a runner, always played perfectly. I lost to Celtic 2-0 at home having dominated the tie and I'm out of the CL in the playoff having lost 3-2 on aggregate, which is fucking annoying. It happened against Celtic in the first leg and my other two games as well. Fuck that, not every team can thread the perfect through ball to a clinical striker who only needs one chance to score <_<

Arshavin is another problem. He's missed like 5 clear cut chances in each of my last two games. Prick. And I seem to have a few goals disallowed every game as well.

Do what I did. Bring back Patrick Viera.

Say I have a Spanish feeder club, I've heard I can use it to avoid work permit's for players I want to sign from abroad. Anyone know how? So basically have the contract accepted, but then send them straight out on loan to the Spanish club without having to go through the work permit process which nearly always is turned down for me.

1. Never use a Spanish feeder club. They are only useful for nationalising South Americans, who are notoriously hard to sign. They are granted Spanish citizenship in three years I think. Any other person it takes 7 or 8 years or something so it's not really worth it.

2. You still need to sign the player (i.e. be granted a work permit as far as I'm aware) to sign the player. Then you send them on loan, and they gain an EU citizenship. Then you can sign other players on work permits. There is a limit, but I'm not sure what it is.

3. Try to get a Belgian feeder club. They have the lowest time required to be granted nationalisation (3 years I think). Man United do this.

Since I complained about conceeding stupid goals, I haven't conceded in 6 league games and 2 Europa League games, and I didn't even change anything :shifty:

Out of the League Cup, all of my good youth players are on loan so I ended up playing a bunch of 16/17 years-olds plus Mannone and Ramsey. Like 4 players beat Fabregas' record of being the youngest player to play for Arsenal :shifty:

Speaking of Fabbie, I can't wait to sell him so I can start playing Ramsey in his position. He's gonna be awesome. I signed Luca Tremolada (AMRL) and Gai Assulin (AMRL) in the summer, both 17 I believe, so I need to start getting them games soon. Oh, and Vela. Vela is fucked. Thinking I'll just let Rosicky go for free in the summer, promote Vela so he actually gets some games and send Assulin and Tremolada on loan for another season... maybe Wilshere too. I'll have to start Ramsey more often next season as well, possibly rotating with Diaby alongside Fabregas and push Denilson back so he can alternate with Song. I won't renew Silvestre's contract in the summer, and I might let Senderos go too depending on how Djourou does when he returns, and make this Greek guy I just bought 4th choice.

I have a game set up to start in January. Based on that I've done a bit as Newcastle. But meh. I have this problem where I want to play, but I can't seem to find a game I want to keep playing.

1. Never use a Spanish feeder club. They are only useful for nationalising South Americans, who are notoriously hard to sign. They are granted Spanish citizenship in three years I think. Any other person it takes 7 or 8 years or something so it's not really worth it.

2. You still need to sign the player (i.e. be granted a work permit as far as I'm aware) to sign the player. Then you send them on loan, and they gain an EU citizenship. Then you can sign other players on work permits. There is a limit, but I'm not sure what it is.

3. Try to get a Belgian feeder club. They have the lowest time required to be granted nationalisation (3 years I think). Man United do this.

Thanks mate. I was just using Spanish as an example, I'll look into getting a Belgian feeder club now.

So I am trying to re-structure the North American soccer pyramid and I am just curious to know if there is anyway I can add more teams to the Canadian Championship. Thanks for any help.

Fuck you Arsenal. They raped my Coventry, signing my teenage sensation Leigh Griffiths. He cost 'em 10mil, to sit in their reserves. He was only 19, couldn't hold onto him any longer. 53 goals in 115 appearances for me, which was amazing as he was only a teenager. Then after I sold out Sebastian Viera and brought in Marton Fulop on a free, they decided they wanted Fulop as back-up. The money was good, and he wanted to go to le Arse.

The team is struggling without Griffiths, and no one else (despite having 2/3 quality players alongside Kikin Fonseca) can replicate his goals. Joe Lewis and Jamie MacDonald aren't as good as Fulop either, blaah.

On the note of Fonseca, 113 goals in 185. Lovely. He's 34 now, so not sure he'll stay in the game long enough to become our the top ever striker for us, which is a shame.