AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Ok, I must have missed something. How did Rick put together that Carol killed them? I saw him look at the blood on the door, and then I didn't follow.

I imagine that the positioning of the hand print would show Rick about what height the murderer was, at which point he can pull a mental list of everyone about that height. From there, you really just have to think about who would want to kill them. Finding out that no one appeared to have malicious intent towards either victim then brings up the possibility that it was done for another reason.

Rick figured the reason was to protect the uninfected, and thought about who would be most protective of everybody, and Carol is number one on the list.

Ok, I must have missed something. How did Rick put together that Carol killed them? I saw him look at the blood on the door, and then I didn't follow.

I imagine that the positioning of the hand print would show Rick about what height the murderer was, at which point he can pull a mental list of everyone about that height. From there, you really just have to think about who would want to kill them. Finding out that no one appeared to have malicious intent towards either victim then brings up the possibility that it was done for another reason.

Rick figured the reason was to protect the uninfected, and thought about who would be most protective of everybody, and Carol is number one on the list.

Add to that, that the list was very narrow as to who knew that she was sick to begin with. Right after the council meeting, in the hallway was when she first coughed and outside of Ty it was only the council members that even knew about her and the other guy. Already Herschel is excluded as he ain't dragging them out and wouldn't do it anyway ... so the choices were pretty limited.

My thoughts are that Rick pretty much had to do what he did. Ty is still going to find out eventually and be super pissed off but Carol now has the fresh chance that her previous service to the group deserved.

As far as the act itself, it's not something I would have done, or even condoned but I can see why she thought she had to do it.

One question. Anyone at the prison, with medical experience, could well die from this illness and Darryl's group(complete with medic) could all be dead as far as Rick knows. So with that in mind, is it wise for him to cut ties with the last person with medical capabilities?

Just saw this and laughed:

hF012C84D.jpeg

• Like 5

I see both sides of the argument, and I definitely would have thought about doing it myself in that situation... but I strongly believe that there's a council for a reason, and that a decision like that should have been discussed intimately before it happened.

Rick made a judgment call to save Carol's life and hopefully give Tyreese some closure on the matter... how that works out, I guess we'll see.

I really hope the spinoff is a summer season series. Could really use it to do some fun things leading in to the fall premiere of TWD. but I also think it needs to be completely different than TWD. Maybe set in another country, definitely at least another area of the U.S. like the north. Hell, all original characters and beginning right at the start of the outbreak could be cool.