AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I miss Shane...

I hope they don't kill the baby, I fucking hate seeing kids die in movies and tv shows, it feels so unnecessary and just something that could be done without.

I miss Shane so goddamn much. I'd gladly trade Daryl for Shane and I like Daryl. I've always been curious about how Shane would be acting when The Governor came into the picture.

Here is how I see it in my head. Shane eventually sees that if it wasn't for Rick being leader he himself probably would have become just like The Governer. This would kinda snap him back to reality and he would take Merle's place as the guy who gets his redemption by trying to kill The Governer by himself.

• Like 1

I kinda see where Tits is coming from, as well as you srar.

The lack of Team Rick casualties and the fact that the group still seems to be of a significant size, when most seemed to want it trimmed down to basics, is a little disappointing.

However I was still pretty darn emotional like srar, so they must have done something right!

Question about the rest of season 4. When is it returning for you guys?

Intense episode.

Slightly disappointed Rick didn't beat The Governor to death but a sword through the chest and bullet to the head wasn't bad.

Intense episode.

Slightly disappointed Rick didn't beat The Governor to death but a sword through the chest and bullet to the head wasn't bad.

I know why they had the mother shoot The Governor in the head, but I still feel like Rick, Michonne, or even Glenn should've been involved in his actual death. Nevertheless it was an intense mid-season finale.

February 9th is the next episode. And I dont understand being upset more people didn't die. There were major deaths on this show and I cant imagine wanting anyone else to die

I think for me it's more that I resigned myself to the 'fact' that a bunch of characters were going to die, so that way it's easier to take that a personal favorite is likely to be among them.

When so few actually died, you're kinda thinking "well why didn't they kill so and so instead? It would have made their point and I'd have not lost my favorite!"

I'm with srar here, I'm glad they didn't go nuts killing characters off.

They handled Judith's death perfectly. I said I didn't want to see it happen, and I didn't actually see it so I'm fine with that. Also thought it was neat that Tyrese was saved by the kids that Carol taught survival skills to.

I dug the episode though, I said "fuck yeah" and "get that mother fucker" more than a few times in that final scene.

Sooo

is Judith dead, or did someone snag her and run off?

Also, loved that young girl finally growing a set.

There was blood in the baby carrier, so it is assumed she si dead.

But holy shit, that episode.

How many pieces is the group fractured into?

-Rick + Carl + maybe Michonne

-Daryl and Beth

-Tyreese and the two little girls

-Maggie + Sasha + Bob

-Glenn and the bus full of people

...I feel like I am missing someone.

• Like 1

One thing I do think is really interesting with this episode is the way it manages to shift various roles from the comics to TV characters and does it well.

COMIC SPOILERS GO HERE:

Even if it makes Herschel's death even more of a foregone conclusion the moment you see that he's in Tyreese's spot. I didn't fully realize it until this episode that the two girls are taking the roles of Billy and Ben. Pray for the sane one.

EPISODE SPOILERS:

Thank fuck the Governor is dead. He worked better as a comic book character than as an actual human being, honestly.

I don't really agree with "WHY DIDN'T THEY KILL MORE PEOPLE." Herschel, the Governor, and Judith are all major deaths with real impact on the plot. They didn't go the comic route where they just annihilated half the cast, but that's fine. Maybe they could have gotten away with killing Maggie or Beth but I'm starting to grow really fond of Beth (she's the new T-Dog!) so I'm glad there'll be more of her. If it had been Sasha it just would've been like "oh hey good thing we spent half of this season wondering if you were going to survive the plague and then boom" and if it had been Bob it would have been the only new group member of any importance added in the fourth season going the route of every single other one of them.

• Like 1