AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

The only reason I haven't said I still want Carl to get Shane'd is

I liked him when he came around after he thought Rick had died and turned.

It's weird because as the episode started I was agreeing with Carl on his thoughts on/reactions to Rick but then he started coming off as a bit of a dick and then there was this weird little stretch where I was having a hard time liking either character, before it all came back together at the end.

gives-no-fucks Carl was one of my favorite things about the books, so I am pleased to see him show up in the show.

Started watching the first episode again while I cleaned up and worked out. There is something about this first episode that is so much better than new episodes(Not that it's bad, the show is still wonderful.)

Though, the walkers look more grusome now which makes sense since they'd be rotting by now.

I still find it a bit silly than slow, shambling walkers could decimate the Military and Police Force the way they apparently had while Rick was out.

Also, I'd find it kinda interesting if one of the guys that shot at Rick didn't die and reappeared latter.

I wish some of the walkers now did like Morgan's wife when she looked in the peep hole and tried to open the door.

The military and police wouldn't have been ready for it. They would have seen these shambling things and either tried to peacefully subdue them and succumbed to them. You have to look back at how efficient they are now at clearing walkers because they understand them, and how before they struggled with them so much because they didn't.

Think about this though. At the start as soon as those guys fire on the officers they go from talking to blowing the guys down. As soon as the first walker bit an officer that walker would be fucked. Maybe then that officer would turn and kill others but I don't think it would take the police and military too long to realize what's going down and what needs to be done. They apparently figured it because we're shown the dead walkers outside the hospital and we're later shown some kind of military or SWAT Team clearing said hospital.

I hope we get some insight into what's happening worldwide at some point. I don't think it'd take much, maybe a conversation coming in from an outpost somewhere in Europe or something. Rick just picks up the phone and we find out what's going on worldwide, if there's other survivors.

Think about this though. At the start as soon as those guys fire on the officers they go from talking to blowing the guys down. As soon as the first walker bit an officer that walker would be fucked. Maybe then that officer would turn and kill others but I don't think it would take the police and military too long to realize what's going down and what needs to be done. They apparently figured it because we're shown the dead walkers outside the hospital and we're later shown some kind of military or SWAT Team clearing said hospital.

Read 'World War Z', specifically the part about the Battle of Yonkers to see how military vs Zombie would go.

Don't forget it's a lot harder to pop off a headshot than film/TV make it seem. Carl was headshotting moving targets within 15 minutes of first touching a gun.

Poor Horsey. Is that the only time Walkers are shown going after anything non-human? I can't recall another.

Unless you count when they went for the rats this season...

and something with Carl last season, though I dnot' remember the details