AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

That.....that was dark. Holy fuck.....that was just dark and twisted.

but....a question....

Did Tyreese and Carol leave Judith behind? I didn't see them carrying her when they were leaving.

Edit: According to Reddit, apparently she was on his back? But, on a third viewing of that ending scene, I can see the outline of Judith.

Comic spoilers along with show spoilers:

Jesus. I felt like Lizzie and Mika were the show's version of Billy and Ben in season 3, and then I sort of forgot about it, and even in this episode I sort of thought about it but still didn't completely commit to it. But honestly, they built up to Lizzie killing Mika

so much better than the comic built up to Ben killing Billy. Just a brutal episode of television. Good god.

• Like 2

Haha, yeah, I thought the exact same thing. I can't hear The Ink Spots without getting Fallout associations in my mind, but especially not that song in an apocalyptic world.

EDIT: Oh fuck, duh.

The nearby fire that they see is the house that Daryl and Beth burned down.

• Like 3

the words "Look at the flowers" is going to set alarm bells off in my head for a long time now.

Haha, yeah, I thought the exact same thing. I can't hear The Ink Spots without getting Fallout associations in my mind, but especially not that song in an apocalyptic world.

EDIT: Oh fuck, duh.

The nearby fire that they see is the house that Daryl and Beth burned down.

Oh shit! That makes so much sense

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I honestly thought watching the opening that she kills Judith and runs around playing with her. How I was wrong. SO WRONG.

Ruki:

Judith was on the back of Tyreese

Best episode of the season, though that's not saying much. Last 4 episodes have been fucking horrible, but that was at least some genuine earned character development, which is so rare for this show.

Carol is the best though. Melissa McBride is really all they have left on this show now.

I disagree. I certainly wouldn't go as far as "fucking horrible" either. "Claimed" (the Rick/Michonne/Carl and Glenn/Abraham & co. episode) was better, and I think last week's ("Alone") was better too. Even the Daryl/Beth episode, what with its weak first half, I would say was better. This episode wasn't bad by any stretch, but barring the two big "holy shit" moments I didn't feel like it had much going for it.

I'd probably have liked it more if I couldn't have called it happening like 10 minutes in. I'm not saying it wasn't a good episode, but I liked the other one more. I kind of spent most of this one wanting to skip through all the bullshit.

Probably doesn't help that those are four of the characters I care least about.

It's definitely in need of a change of scenery at the very least, I think. I really hope they actually end up going to Washington and we can see a slightly different part of the world, because the whole Southern States thing has gotten a little old now. Also in desperate need of cutting down the cast a fair bit.