AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

So does everyone think they've been eating plates of Beth?

:(

I think it´s save to say that there is way to little meat on Beths Body to be filing that grill as many times as they did already. There must be other people being cooked i am certain.

By the sheer number of people i am sort of confused if this is the canibalism storyline everyone was expecting. So she might not be. That last line by Rick even gave me the impression that they might be a nice community after all. - They had a few of these things were they were plaing with the comic readers expectations in the second half of this season so this might, after all, just be some kind of new arrivals quarantine (even though stealing their stuff issent to hot - and i belive they tried to make a point that beths clothing is around there aswell - on the other hand you dont see the blond girls face sitting at the table, that happend at least to get people talking.)

On the other hand there are lots of Human looking Bones in that one shot.

All in all the styles of the cliffhangers made this feel much more like a midseason finally. Stuff like not solving the Beth/Daryl Ark after several episodes of her being gone and not telling us what happened with Glenn’s Group after they went in are more „see you soon“ questions - the only „Season Finaly“ thing is that everyone is back together again. - Or are they? Tyreese and Carrol are missing right?

Still, good second half of this season, Scott Gimple very effectively is cutting everything that made me hate this show one bit after another and maybe next season this finally arrives at a level were it should be.

Comic Spoiler

Even though that last sceen was straight from the comics canibalisem story.

Can't say I really liked that episode all that much. Didn't resolve enough.

Good episode. Poor cliffhanger.

I wish Glen/Maggie/etc's fate was left up in the air. Also wishful thinking had me hoping Morgan was going to be the other person in the train car. Cliffhanger could've been something as simple as Carol/Tyrese/Judith coming across the final Terminus sign and getting excited that they're so close.

That would have been a fantastic midseason finale. As a season finale it's a bit exasperating. Sort of feels like the show is fully committing itself to the idea that each half-season is now its own thing instead of having one big overarcing thing from start to finish, and I can get the appeal but they're gonna run into resistance going that route.

Hilarious that after all that WHO WILL DIE stuff in non-official previeews it turns out no members of the group died.

And Rick killing Joe was a fantastic moment, symbolically and in terms of just pure "holy fuck."

• Like 1

That would have been a fantastic midseason finale. As a season finale it's a bit exasperating. Sort of feels like the show is fully committing itself to the idea that each half-season is now its own thing instead of having one big overarcing thing from start to finish, and I can get the appeal but they're gonna run into resistance going that route.

Hilarious that after all that WHO WILL DIE stuff in non-official previeews it turns out no members of the group died.

And Rick killing Joe was a fantastic moment, symbolically and in terms of just pure "holy fuck."

Re Rick...

ya. I went "headbutt him agai... Holy SHIT!" When Rick bit his neck

Definitely agree that it would've been a way better midseason finale.

Still not a bad episode, though.

WHO WILL DIE?

A bunch of redshirts, who the hell did you think? :shifty:

As for Beth, I'm assuming she's still alive. The cannibals have a sort of religious tone going on - or at least that's the vibe I got from the room with all the candles and that - so I wouldn't be surprised were it them who took Beth in that car, and she's being held in another train car/area of Terminus to be eaten at a later date.

Thoughts on the episode:

I was okay with the way it ended. I take it as The Walking Dead being in it for the long haul, so it is always about setting up the next season which this certainly did. It will be a story arc for the first half of finishing up with the cannibals (Hey Matzat, you are supposed to actually pay attention when you watch a show, because there was heaps of proof in Terminus they are fucking cannibals!) and will then go on to the next story arc. It's just sad I have to wait so long until it comes around again.

Enjoyed the episode but didn't think it had that finale feel to it.

Thought they laid it on pretty thick with the flashback about the watch and then with Rick explaining how traps work and how to funnel animals toward them and then have the watch reveal lead straight into them being forced into the trap by the gunfire.

Thoughts on the episode:

I was okay with the way it ended. I take it as The Walking Dead being in it for the long haul, so it is always about setting up the next season which this certainly did. It will be a story arc for the first half of finishing up with the cannibals (Hey Matzat, you are supposed to actually pay attention when you watch a show, because there was heaps of proof in Terminus they are fucking cannibals!) and will then go on to the next story arc. It's just sad I have to wait so long until it comes around again.

Like?

Completely agree that it fits much better and is much more effective as a mid-season rather than season finale.

I'm not overly bothered with anything outright, but do feel that they "tried to hard" with some bits.

Rick in the beginning though .... hell yes. That was fantastic.

Thoughts on the episode:

Like?

When Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carol are running away from the gunshots, there are 2 major things that reveal they are dealing with cannibals. 1. They refuse to try to shoot them above the feet, not wanting to damage their organs. 2. You see a bunch of skeletons and various other broken down, destroyed body parts at one point when they are running away, and it very much looked like the bodies have been skinned for meat.

It was alrighhtttttttt. It's kind of hard to care about set up for the next season when it's so far away, though. That's usually mitigated by having a feeling of closure for the current story, but there wasn't really much of a current story this time around to resolve.

• Like 1

I definitely liked it a lot but I feel GoGo said it best when he called it being an excellent mid-season finale that was actually the end of season finale instead.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that nobody complained at how quickly Joe's group was dealt with and that they played no part in the Terminus story. I remember in the lead up to this finale and people were throwing out theories on their future:

-Terminus being okay and the actual threat coming from the group.

-Terminus being bad and Joe's group reluctantly saving them them, losing several of their number in the process and resulting in Joe joining up with Rick and co and being a somewhat antagonistic presence in season 5.

etc.

I'm okay with it, because that visual of Rick biting Joe was simply awesome but it just seemed like something people might complain about.

Also apparently, for what it's worth,

-Gareth (Andrew J. West)

-Rosita (Christian Serratos)

-Tara (Alanna Masterson)

will all be officially billed as main cast in season 5.

That was the image I was sort of expecting to end the episode. Carol seeing from a distance what was happening. And the bag, I was wandering when the bag was coming back into it.