AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I didn't care for the first half and loved the second half which is probably going to be an unpopular opinion because the second half is all talking. Beth desperately needed a scene like the "I Never" scene.

I didn't care for the first half and loved the second half which is probably going to be an unpopular opinion because the second half is all talking. Beth desperately needed a scene like the "I Never" scene.

I totally agree but I think without the first half the rest wouldn't have been as good

Yeah, I feel the same. Character building at the end was fun, even if it does pretty much mean Beth is dead before seasons end. Which sucks. Maybe the other 14 episodes would be more interesting if they bothered to do this kind of character development throughout, instead of trying to make us give a shit an episode before anyone dies.

I'll miss Beth. She's pretty and I feel like there's potential for her character to be interesting, especially after this episode. Of all the fat of the cast to trim, I'd rather we keep her than her sister.

Yeah, agreed. I would love for Beth to just keep on surviving so I hope she does. If she doesn't then at least she had a scene as sweet and self-aware as "you're gonna miss me when I'm gone, Daryl Dixon."

• Like 2

I watched this. I agree with the whole second half being better. One thing that really irritates the shit out of me about this show is that it seems like, outside of Daryl/Glen/Maggie/Michonne/Carl/Rick, characters only ever get any sort of characterization or anything if they're about to die soon. It's like the writers go "oh, shit, nobody cares about this person, we'd better throw something together so people care when they die".

Smashing zombies with a golf club was just enough action to sustain an otherwise quite talky great episode. Also, there was a mysterious cupboard in that shack, couldn't Daryl have pissed in there instead of on a table...

Whoever the new Showrunner is, this so is getting better by the episode since the second half of this season started. The first few episodes still had some facepalm moments (i am not telling you since gogo might come, rage up three postings and than ban me in good old fashion TWD Topic style ;) ) but far fewer than before. Last nights episode was the first time in ages, maybe since the pilot, that actually left me wanting for more without the feeling that they might just have gotten lucky for one episode to fuck it up in royal fashion the next few weeks.

I also like that right now it´s doing more or less it´s own thing even if i am sure they will build on events of the comics again at some point (i also can see a few things coming in that regard). I would like to see how that Daryl Beth thing plays out, i liked the Ben story a lot. Could care less about Magie though, but it´s notbad, let alone as terrible as it was in past seasons were i just wanted everyone to die...

Comic Spoiler

I wonder if the hunters just showed up or if, maybe, they jump ahead very far and these are actualy Negans Men picking up Daryl. Terminus would sort of fit into that Storyline that has been going on in the comics for a while now.

The picture just posted by Rukki... i think she will kill her Sister to spare her from the world, that sort of was forshaddowed when she tried to cut of the babys beathing. You might remember something like that happend in the comic, i think it was one of the twins. Carol would fit that scenario aswell since she could "take care of things" after.

I agree with the rest of the post though. I think the way these last few episodes have gone have been pretty tonally faithful to the comic and done a better job of having enough zombie attack setpieces to balance it out (unlike, say, season two).

• Like 1