AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

The second they tried to (mid-season finale spoilers)...

... make The Governor a 'real' person a couple episodes back was when they lost me. This is a guy that we've seen manipulate a lot of people, keep his zombified daughter alive and chained up along with several zombie heads, commit mass murder, and rape one of the most innocent favourites of the cast - how could anyone start rooting for him? They should have killed him at the end of season three when it would have been most effective, because this first part of season four has basically all been filler up til now anyway.

Disappointed but not surprised that Herschel is dead, it was his time, but he was a likeable character in an increasingly unlikeable cast. Judith's death (?) is going to tear Rick and Carl apart, and she served no purpose so it's no great loss.

I'm really hoping that the second half of the season picks back up to the better quality that season three had, because it's felt like a total waste of time so far.

The governor had a tank....two people in Ricks group died. If we are assuming Judith. the governor had more firepower and people and everyone lives for the good guys. That's my gripe.

And they had no one that could actually aim a tank.

This show is going to have to work it's ass off now there's not going to be any Scott Wilson.

Edited by GoGo Yubari
dammit Gazz >/
  • Like 3

The governor had a tank....two people in Ricks group died. If we are assuming Judith. the governor had more firepower and people and everyone lives for the good guys. That's my gripe.

They were untrained civilians against somewhat trained civilians. The fact anyone died is amazing.

His right hand man was in military. The same guy driving the tank. The lesbian woman was also army reserve. Governor had trained military on his side and I'm sure they thought others to shoot if they have survived this long. Pete was also military poor guy

Edit: forgot Martinez was the group leader for a while and he was also military if I remember correctly. Their people should have been trained enough

Edited by Tits McGee

I'm in the military ... I can't operate a tank. Just saying. "Being in the military" really doesn't mean what most think it does. Especially when you start counting reserve Soldiers.

Anyway ...

I don't think Judith is dead. I think she was taken by someone on the bus. Perfect cliffhanger though.

Kind of pissed at how the Gov went out but it worked well enough I guess. It would have been just fine if I didn't have any comic knowledge (which I'm pretty sure most of the viewership doesn't) but since I do there's just that little ... EH about it. Still though, it was well enough with how they rolled his character out after Woodbury.

Hershel :( .. but it's because of how. He really should have been given a better death than that. Scott deserved better than that, let alone the character.

I don't have the real issue of "not enough people died" considering the whole bus thing. I mean, as soon as the Gov's group started advancing they all high tailed it to the bus (as was there plan). It isn't out of the realm that there were very few actual casualties given that they had the escape plan (which the bus looked full), and that the Gov's group was all over the damned place with the chaos, WTF are we doing ?, walkers, and getting shot at themselves.

In response to HTTK's:

Yeah, the Governor's approach really explains why the bodycount is so much lower. The prison group had plenty of time and the means to set up an escape plan.

Pretty good episode!

I think my disappointment with the fact we didn't get the cast shortened was lessened by how cool some of the scenes were. I think people are missing the point behind that, though. We don't want a major cutdown of cast because OMGDRAMA, we want it because the less bodies there are, generally the more focused the story will be and those characters will be far better developed. And you don't end up with people like Shana who exists almost entirely as "Tyreese's sister... who got sick!". I don't think it would've lessened the death, especially when the majority of them would've been background bodies. Hopefully we do get some level of lower numbers next year. I'm thinking we're getting some multiple POVs next year, with Rick/Carl/Michonne, Tyreese/Girls probably join up with Maggie and co whilst Bus Crew hopefully ends up slaughtered.

Count me with those who don't think Judith is dead. It just didn't seem obvious enough. It was just kind of hard to make out the blood, it'd have to have been a pretty weird moment for a zombie to pick up the baby and then eat it somewhere else, or just not make any real mess. Plus all those girls had Judith, then ran off the opposite way from Tyreese. Probably to go get the kid. I'm not super keen on the psycho little girl thing, though. I just think it's kind of stupid.

Governor has been perfect this season. Way better than last. Those two solo episodes really helped to build him up for his fall and the dark side reveal was brilliantly done, even if it wasn't much of a surprise because they really beat you over the head with "OOOOH, HE'S PLANNING SOMETHING!" for both those episodes. Gonna miss Hershel like crazy, though. But man, that smile. :')

In regards to Lil Asskicker

Sooo

is Judith dead, or did someone snag her and run off?

Also, loved that young girl finally growing a set.

There was blood in the baby carrier, so it is assumed she si dead.

But holy shit, that episode.

How many pieces is the group fractured into?

-Rick + Carl + maybe Michonne

-Daryl and Beth

-Tyreese and the two little girls

-Maggie + Sasha + Bob

-Glenn and the bus full of people

...I feel like I am missing someone.

IIRC, Beth went looking for her and we didn't see her again. Even if we did, someone could've grabbed her and wound up in the woods alone. Maybe even the girl that wanted to run from the fight?

Prediction for Carol

She's the one who drove the bus away. Was watching everything unfold and snuck in to take matters in to her own hands. Sets Carol up perfectly to be an able-bodied leader with her own group. This makes sense especially when they took the time to setup the fact that the kids she cared about were supposed to be on that bus. Also, she may have been the one to take Judith, if she's alive. Maybe Carol was using zombie guts and blood to sneak in past all the walkers and that's why the baby carrier was bloody.

Edited by Dave

It was determined that the Lily in the show/comics has no connection to the one in the video game, right?

At any rate, I'm glad they didn't change that bit with her and The Governor from the comics. That's cool.

It was determined that the Lily in the show/comics has no connection to the one in the video game, right?

The one in the video game and the one in the comic are the same person, aren't they? The one in the show is a composite character of that Lily + April Chalmers from the Rise of the Governor novel.

I remember in season 3 there was a lot of fan speculation that Haley (the girl with the baseball cap who couldn't use a crossbow to save her life) was supposed to be the show's Lily analogue, but that was pretty much disproved.

The one in the video game and the one in the comic are the same person, aren't they? The one in the show is a composite character of that Lily + April Chalmers from the Rise of the Governor novel.

I remember in season 3 there was a lot of fan speculation that Haley (the girl with the baseball cap who couldn't use a crossbow to save her life) was supposed to be the show's Lily analogue, but that was pretty much disproved.

I just ask because the wikipedia page for Lilly doesn't mention anything about the game, so I was curious.

The comics are very good. The show has steered far away as to length of actual storylines in certain areas and how things turn out.

Both of my parents were in the marines. I know enough to where everyone is trained how to use a weapon. My mom has never touched a firearm outside of the military and has corrected 20/30 vision. If they trained her to be an expert marksman I'm sure people with military knowledge have no problem teaching regular people basic shooting. I guess I'm just being picky because I have read the comic so I expected more death