Glee

thatblindgeye

I wouldn't be surprised if they follow through with the "Sue runs for office" idea, shockingly. Some awkward set up where she to pose for nice pictures with the Glee Club.

Yeah, the finale sucked. Like, there were some good bits - Rachel and Kurt, Kurt and Blaine trading "I love you" and Sam & Mercedes being together - but the rest of it was just so painful. They've gone from being the plucky high school glee club to being able to throw together numbers on the day of the god damn competition? And seriously, Will's constant "we can win this!" got tiresome. You made it to nationals for the first time and up against 49 other regional champions, know your odds. The fact they came 12th on one of the weaker Rachel/Finn duets and then a song that was nowhere near as good as "Loser Like Me" (which in itself was just a poor version of Raise Your Glass), they should be celebrating it. Good to see that Jesse was vindicated though in saying that Finn ruined it.

I'll still watch it next season; thankfully the really good bits are good enough to keep me going. The season had a very good mid-section in between Sectionals and Regionals I though, but then it all came crashing back down before Nationals. It's getting incredibly hard to root for them and that's the big problem.

• 3 months later...

So the season 3 premier was... decent.

Im starting to get tired of the "lol glee club sucks" stuff. Even Sue can't really make it any more bearable. It isn't as big of a thing as it used to be, but it still being shoehorned in isnt any better.

Ew at Quinn's new look and attitude. She looked amazing with the shorter hair at the end of Season 2. Why did they decide to turn her into some lame emo goth or whatever thing? Just have her join Glee and realize her old self was her real self and be done with it already.

The rest of the episode had some nice moments. I loved Becky throwing stuff at the Glee club in the cafeteria and I already love this Sugar character, and not just because of Vanessa Lengies either.

Again, it was decent in most aspects, but there was some really meh stuff.

I hate to say it but I think the steam that Glee had going for me is dying out. I dont find it as amazing as I did and I more watch it in hopes of more Santana/Brittany goodness with a dash of various other goodies from other characters (Burt, Blaine, Becky, etc), and to listen to the songs they cover.

I liked it. I don't know if I just expected worst because of what everybody had been saying about it or what. Despite enjoying season two more then most, it was weaker by far then season one. So far it appears more akin to season one but we will see. Overall I'm more encourage then I was coming in.

Oh, and Sugar is awesome so far.

Edited by buck44

I thought it was 90% awful, 10% that scene where Rachel and Kurt are forced to witness equally-as-talented but a million times more intense versions of themselves and are horrified. The "Anything Goes" number was brilliantly shot and performed and I hope that at bare minimum we see more of the female lead in that group.

Everything else, um. Jesus. This episode was sort of the "hey, a bunch of stuff happened over the summer so this is where we are now with no build!" episode. I was down with the New Quinn I saw in the promos/photos on the grounds that she was a completely dire character in season two and I thought the point was "hey, Quinn has finally decided to express herself/do something new and important beyond 'I'M GONNA DO SOMETHING HUGE IN NEW YORK (... cuts hair short)'," and... well. They did that by making her an equally shrill caricature out of nowhere (supposedly there were actual flashback scenes that would have explained the transition and they got cut. Sigh). But at least the preview implies that they've suddenly remembered that her entire arc in season one happened. Not a fan of Santana and Brittany randomly rejoining the Cheerios, though supposedly there was another cut scene explaining why Santana did it more convincingly than what was there tonight.

And Sugar... uh. Possibly a decent character except I find the Asperger's stuff to be offensive even by Glee standards and I have no clue how she has legs, and she has to because she's pretty much been stated to be a recurring character this season. She tore Will to bits, though, and that always merits at least a point from me.

EDIT: I will say that I loved Dianna Agron's line delivery as New Quinn tonight. She sounded like she'd basically been smoking a pack a day for the entire summer break, and it worked as a way of differentiating the character.

"I have Asperger's, so I can pretty much say whatever I want"

I can't help but feel no one took the time to actually find out what Asperger's is. Sort of killed it for me from that point on.

"I have Asperger's, so I can pretty much say whatever I want"

I can't help but feel no one took the time to actually find out what Asperger's is. Sort of killed it for me from that point on.

She did say "self-diagnosed Asperger's." Which probably means she doesn't have it and that's the very, very bad joke to make a major character trait. It's completely and totally unnecessary.

I thought it was 90% awful, 10% that scene where Rachel and Kurt are forced to witness equally-as-talented but a million times more intense versions of themselves and are horrified. The "Anything Goes" number was brilliantly shot and performed and I hope that at bare minimum we see more of the female lead in that group.

The 'mini' Rachel? She was part of the Glee Project. She was a runner up and won a 2(or 4, i can't remember)-episode story arc. There was another runner up, and two winners who got longer story arc's. I expect the characters to last a bit longer if they go over well though, especially her and the two winners.

The 'mini' Rachel? She was part of the Glee Project. She was a runner up and won a 2(or 4, i can't remember)-episode story arc. There was another runner up, and two winners who got longer story arc's. I expect the characters to last a bit longer if they go over well though, especially her and the two winners.

Yeah, that's what I read after the fact, though I didn't realize she was the girl who won runner-up. That's good, it gives me something to look forward to.

I must say that I was less than impressed with the episode. I really don't know what to think. Some of the characters have lost their appeal to me and it's more of a chore making it through their storylines to get to the songs (namely Rachel, Will, Emma). Oh and I still love Coach Bieste. She is phenomenal. 'Do you want me to go Deliverance on her?' Classic stuff. Just give me more Santana, Britney, and Mike O'Malley and I'll be happy.

The one good thing that Will and Emma brough to the episode was them glitter bombing Sue and acting like it was a huge deal, with Will wanting to run off like he'd just shot her.

So, yeah. Last week was pretty dire looking back on it, but this week was so much better. It's like they're actually characters starting to develop personality more. Even more so, it's like they're just ignoring most of season 2 happened and continuing on with the storylines we should have had after season 1.

Some really nicely written and directed scenes this week, albeit wrapped up in the usual Glee retardedness. The kind of stuff that reminds of when it looked like the show would be dark comedy, instead of farce. The whole class president storyline is pretty unbelievable, considering everybody hates Kurt, and hanging up those posters around that school should logically lead to him getting the shit kicked out of him. Hardly noticed the lack of music, which is a good sign. Although, if Blaine was going for Bernado or Officer Krupke, why did he audition by singing a Tony solo?

Oh, and I will never forgive Idina Menzel for making Quinn get rid of her pink hair. That shit was hot.

Yeah, I liked this week. I mean, after a season premiere I hated so much anything smaller and character-focused is going to do that. They used Puck better this week than they did for the entirety of the second season, and as much as I hate losing Quinn's pink-hair hipster skank look this episode was a good starting point for closing out her character arc this season. Biggest complaint is absolutely zero fallout from Santana being kicked out of the glee club last week but they're pretty obviously going to have her join Shelby's group at some point within the next couple weeks to give it actual legitimacy.

Really not so enthused for what we've seen of next week's episode, though. OMG RACHEL AND MERCEDES ARE CLASHING AGAIN THIS IS NEW AND SHOCKING

I think Santana's the best performer of the bunch

Word. Lea Michelle, Amber Riley, and Chris Colfer all have great voices too but Naya Rivera has a tonal quality to hers that is so unique within the framework of the show.