Glee

thatblindgeye

I remember there being a topic about this a few months ago during the early pilot premier. Is anyone else watching the show still? The second new episode just premiered this past Wednesday at 9/8C on FOX, and as much as I loved the pilot, I love the second episode even more. I love the songs that they have chosen thus far, even songs I probably wouldn't be a fans of (Gold Digger) I have enjoyed being sung by the Glee cast.

I love the show being a nice mix of comedy, high school drama, and talented singing, and the whole 'fighting against high school stereotypes/cliques' thing they have going on.

Plus, Lea Michele is by far the cutest and sweetest girl I've seen on television since the days of the original pink Power Ranger. Yes, I realize that is quite sad, but the point is Lea Michele looks beyond adorable.

I think this is behind True Blood in my all time fav shows at the moment, even after only two episodes.

So yeah. Anyone else watching?

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

Hilariously, the music is generally my least favorite part. Or, well, the Salt N Pepa stuff ruled, as did the cheerleaders singing "I Say a Little Prayer" but "Gold Digger" never really got beyond its obvious placement and bored me stiff. I also can't stand any of the stuff with the guy's wife, it feels completely forced and at no point has the show given me any adequate justification for why Glee club teacher guy actually loves this materialistic shrew.

They also really need to work on expanding the secondary characters beyond two-dimensional tropes like "gay kid" and "sassy black girl." The primary characters are all great, especially and completely unsurprisingly Jane Lynch, but I want to see the supporting cast get some actual depth.

I feel like I could watch Jane Lynch read the phonebook. She pulls that bitch/snide stuff so quickly, but she's also crazily versatile. The show is really good, and I'm going to have to catch it, even if I didn't like it (the wife owns that TV on So You Think You Can Dance nights).

Better than True Blood? Ohhhhh...no...no no no. Still good, though.

• Like 1

I saw a preview for it awhile back and got to say, I didn't think I would like. I watched the pilot and thought it was going to be decent. After seeing the second episode, I think this will end up in my list of shows I could watch a million times without getting tired of it. Love the music, too. Just like someone else said, I am enjoying music I normally wouldn't be a fan of. The Salt N Pepa' part was awesome.

I decided to watch the last episode to see if I liked it. It was pretty good - I'm pretty much in agreement with everything GoGo said. The characters that are focused on are well-built (and Jane Lynch is beyond awesome), but everyone else just seems to be a stereotype.

Although, I think that Will and Emma will get together at some point. They obviously hinted at it, so I think it's just a matter of time until Will finds out that his wife is lying about the baby, and he gets together with Emma to get back at her or something.

This is totally a guilty pleasure show for me. It's pretty light-hearted unlike a lot of other stuff I watch plus its funny to boot. Everyone is pretty one dimensional right now, but its only two episodes in, I don't even remember anyones name yet.

I don't know if its written this way but the guy's wife is horrible. They seriously need to give us something rather than "shes a bitch with a bitchy controlling sister (her possible future self) who works at a linens n things type store and wants to pop some kids out. Maybe they're trying to say that first love is truely blind but she's fucking awful.

it feels completely forced and at no point has the show given me any adequate justification for why Glee club teacher guy actually loves this materialistic shrew.

I agree with the end of Hellfire's post, I think it's because she was his first love and he's never experienced anything else.

And if he gets with Emma, here's to hoping she tries to disinfect his penis the first go-round.

Apparently Emma's not quite as much of a germophobe when it comes to sex. I don't know if you guys picked up on the line she had when talking to the main glee club chick. She was talking to her about bulimia and the girl mentioned not having a gag reflex, so Emma told her that in a few years she'll appreciate that.

I didnt like the last episode as much as the other two. I like it best when the focus is on the Glee club, whereas this episode was more about Will and his Acafellas. Plus, Im not much of a fan of the High School Musical style of breakout in song randomly, even if it was just a fantasy sequence. The thing I like about the show over the HSM movies is that the shows singing scenes are reality based and aren't just a random breakout of song that you wouldn't see in real life.

Plus, there weren't any song from this episode that I wanna download :(

This week's episode was a step down in a lot of ways. I actually liked the Acafellas plot idea but the resolution was clumsy and I've come out of it not really knowing what the actual state of the group is. Did they seriously break up because Josh Groban wasn't ever going to offer them a spot on his tour or are they going to become a recurring side thing or what? The Mercedes plotline was necessary and it was nice to give her an episode where she wasn't AW HELL TO THE NAW for 90% of it, but the car window thing seemed random and forced and an example of the plot bending over to justify a song choice and even for a jukebox musical that's not much good. And the fact that they're already getting the ball rolling on some sort of face turn for Quinn is weird because it's waaaaay too soon for that given that we're only three episodes in.

In terms of good things? I loved the Acafellas song numbers and their cheesy '90s boy band song choices, Victor Garber is always welcome on any form of media (the best John Wilkes Booth in Assassins history, dammit), the way Mercedes and Kurt's scene where Kurt comes out was played 100% straight was hilarious, and Puck finally got to do stuff beyond Asshole Jock dialogue and it ruled. Also Jane Lynch, but that's a given. Sue being ex-military is perfect. Also I'm loving whoever the actor who plays the principal is. This was definitely an episode of Glee where the whole is much less than the sum of its parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch the latest episode? While I loved the whole football storyline, Quinn and Noah? That's happened way to early in the series. This pregnancy thing is getting out of hand and the fact that the wife is hiding that kind of shit from her husband actually angers me. It's rediculous.

Songs were good this week and Sue's TV spot is a genius idea to keep the monologues going.

Kurt's great, but give the asian chick some more backstory! His shit it moving too fast, one week we get confirmation he's gay and then the next he's telling his dad and then they're all wub.gif to each other.

But the football players dancing did have me cracking up.

Oh, and it needed more...Racheal? I should be able to name your main characters, but one of the only people I can name is Kurt.

This past episode I felt was great. No 'lol' moments is fine since I dont view the show as that much of a comedy. Agree that rushing a lot into the first season may leave the series without much else to go for a second season, but this weeks episode was far better than last weeks.

Edited by Vitamin E

Basically the last episode lived and died on Kristin Chenoweth. Thankfully, she is fucking amazing and so it worked. I am dumbstruck on how quick the show is moving. I thought the fake-out on Rachel rejoining glee in the last episode was brilliant and well-done, and then she goes and rejoins anyway at the end of the episode when they could have easily milked a pretty good episode out of her having full creative control of the drama department.

Highlight of the past two episodes by far was Puck's awesome "I had sex with your mom! No, seriously, I had sex with your mom." diatribe at the member of the opposing football team last week. Puck has quickly become my third-favorite character behind Sue and Kurt in that order.