Glee

thatblindgeye

As much as a 'crush' I have on Lea Michele, I think my favorite characters at the moment are PROBABLY Artie and Kurt. Both are fantastic singers and both have something other kids could probably relate to in terms of life in high school. Rachel just comes off as the overachiever who can be a bitch at times.

I REALLY wish the show would give more time to OTHER characters. I want to see Tina get some more scenes/solos since the actress playing her did musicals on Broadway. I would also like to see Puck do some more singing, as well as Quinn. I probably wouldnt mind seeing Brittany get more scenes/lines either. If anything, try to continue on this Artie/Tina thing, as I feel it was nothing more than an excuse for the show to get rid of her stutter, and have Puck do some more than just "IM THE FATHER!" at people. Quinn is fine as far as storyline goes, but I wouldnt mind seeing her get more singing roles. I just dont want to see a majority of episodes dedicated to Rachel or Finn or Rachel and Finn duets. As much as I would most likely love them, I just want to see other talents pushed to the front.

• Like 1

Emma was in this episode quite a bit for the first half, to be fair.

Very, very good episode (no surprise, of course) and again, a good mix of the comedy and the drama. The show didn't even miss Sue, really, especially now that some of her laughs are being put on to Brittany. I think Kurt's observation that she's a girl who "thinks the square root of four is rainbows" was just as good as "It's a male duck! / I bet the duck's in there!". On that note, Chris Colfer's performances in the past two episodes have been amazing, and his "call me" to Finn in the final song was much <3.

Also...ehhhh. Mercedes being the voice of reason is a tad rich, because while the girl can sing, the whole sassy black girl thing needs building on. She's never had a real episode focusing on her (apart from the slight rushjob of "Acafellas") and I think she's in need of one more than anyone else right now.

Oh, and Mike being called "Other Asian" by Mr. Schu too = awesome.

It's getting a full season order, I'm pretty sure they got the go-ahead to make the back nine for next year weeks ago so there'll be another nine episodes after the sectionals episode in early December.

• Like 1

I'm glad they started slowing down storyline wise, everything seemed sort of rushed at the beginning of the season but they seem to be getting into a rhythm now. More episodes focusing on individual kids would be nice too. I'm hoping that Puck gets a solo soon and I really wouldn't mind another one from Kurt, as the dueling solo with Rachel was probably my favorite song this season. There really isn't anyone I dislike on this show to be honest, which is rare these days. I like the fact that Glee is completely different from what I usually watch though, it seems to balance everything out.

Saddened that Papa Dont Preach wasnt a full song and only a little over a minute, and would have really enjoyed seeing the song being sung while Quinn trying to get her father to forgive her (again), but nothing worth taking away from it.

Glad that Tina got the solo at the end, and that song and Imagine are the songs of the week for the show.

Although I am glad we arent getting a bunch of things at once, I REALLY want to see Sue and her sister have more screen time, maybe eventually have Will/someone find out about it.

All in all, not a fan-dabi-dozi episode, but enjoyable. Didnt really care for the scenes that the other schools were in, and would have rather seen more time spent on the main characters' storylines.

• Like 1

This weeks episode I thought was nice. Kind of a lull for the first half hour, but it really picked up for the second half.

The focus on trying to get the Glee club a picture in the yearbook at the beginning was eh. Was hoping Rachel would get someone OTHER than Finn to be co-captain, but it's not too big of a deal. Really just waiting for Finn to fucking punch out his football team mates for giving him shit, but I am also still waiting for a scene where Finn verbally fucks Quinns dad for abandoning her.

The whole commercial bit is where the episode picked up I think. It was a fan-dabi-dozi little scene seeing them jump around on the mattresses, it was a fan-dabi-dozi song.

Then the serious scenes came into play, which I just love. The show is fan-dabi-dozi, and I think the serious scenes they do are just superb. I loved just seeing Will find the pregnancy patch thing in the drawer, then just going up to Terri like a crazed man for what she put him through. I know people hate Terri, but I think she plays her role fan-dabi-dozi. Her interaction with Will last night I just loved, because she was just acting like a real wife afraid of losing her husband and trying to keep him with her.

I also loved how Will finding out about Terri faking the pregnancy and leaving his place to sleep at school ties in with the Glee members going to sectionals. Sue being an upright cunt about the whole thing is fan-dabi-dozi AND bad to me, just because I just REALLY want to eventually see Sue show a caring side towards someones troubles due to the state her sister is in. Which, by the way, I am really hoping we see more scenes of Sue like we saw when she visited her sister, and I am really hoping we see someone finding out about Sue's sister as well.

Seeing Quinn stand up to Sue I loved. It was fan-dabi-dozi seeing her fight for herself, end up helping Glee out, only to say, "you know what? Fuck you. Im turning YOU down this time," as a verbal cockslap to Sue's face.

The last few minutes of the episode I also loved, just for the song that the Glee kids were singing going along with seeing the pictures being taken, seeing Will after the meltdown with Terri, seeing him look on with pride as the Glee kids all had their picture taken while he knows he can't go to sectionals after taking the bullet for them, and seeing the football players fuck up the Glee picture in the yearbook... Im just really hoping at some point, SOMEONE just beats the shit out of one of those guys.

All in all, the second half hour really made the episode for me, and I am extremely excited for the Fall finale next week to see just what happens. It is going to suck having to wait four months for new episodes, though; I really just hate how some shows have mid-season finales, because I hate waiting for a new season period, let alone waiting longer for the second half of one season. I do think, however, a fan-dabi-dozi little cliffhanger between next week and more new episodes next Spring would be to have the kids perform at sectionals, and have the episode end without revealing the results of it all. Probably a bit of a 'fuck you' to those who've been waiting to see them make it, but I personally think it would be a nice cliffhanger to have.

• Like 1

I think everyone can agree that Brittanys line of the season is from the mid-season finale tonight:

Santana: Having sex doesnt mean you're dating.

Brittany: Yeah. If it was then me and Santana would be dating.

Anyways...

Really enjoyed the episode. Three fan-dabi-dozi songs from the Glee kids, though the Rolling Stones and Kelly Clarkson covers I thought were better; but Rachel's rendition of Dont Rain on My Parade was fan-dabi-dozi in its own sense, just not too big a fan of the song.

Predictable ending with Will and Emma? Yes, but it was still fan-dabi-dozi, as was seeing Sue suspended from the school. Now that Figgins has an idea of what Sue has been up to, it'll be interesting to see her trying to take Glee/Will down without being a part of the whole thing.

That said, definitely can't wait for new episodes. The next four months are going to be too long.

• Like 1

A fan-dabi-dozi wrap up and builder for the next half a season.

I wonder if Ken and Terri will show up again in other eps.

Sue's figurative punch in the face was fan-dabi-dozi and Figgins finally giving up was a fan-dabi-dozi thing to see.

Can't wait for the Emma/Shuester relationship to develop

Edited by The Inquisition

Something about Figgins calling William McKinley the best president ever was hilarious. I would love to hear his rationale for that.

But anyway. "Don't Rain On My Parade" was quite possibly the best musical number thusfar, entirely because Lea Michelle really, really brought it. Great First Half of the Season finale.

• Like 1

Very, very true about "Don't Rain on My Parade." Also, I really hope Eve is never back on the show. I don't see a reason for her character to be back, unless its to try to get some sort of penance, but I'd rather her character didn't. I just find her so awkward when she's speaking, and it pulls me out of the moment, reminding me I'm just watching a tv show. The only other time this happens for me is random music numbers when the kids aren't practicing; if kids were randomly singing in the hallway in my high school, they would've gotten the shit kicked out of them, and this is the only way I want a random song to end.

• 3 months later...

*Bump*

Spoilers for UK viewers who haven't seen the first episode of the new run yet (or haven't been frequenting certain streaming sites with a conviction I can only describe as religious, like me :shifty: )

OK, so new series has started, and absolutely awesome way to kick it off.Sue Sylvester continues to rule. The "Old Maids" club was genius, as was her bedding Figgins whilst still wearing her tracksuit. Rachel continues to be endearingly infuriating, and Finn continues to be

:wub:

I'm really glad they're getting behind Britney and Santana as well. Those two have a phenomenal double act going, and I look forward to seeing them providing more and more comic relief as the back 9 continues. The whole thing needed way more Puck and Quinn, though.

As for the newbies, I think Idina Menzel is a phenomenal addition to the cast, and I look forward to seeing how she plays the villain role in this. They would also be absolute fools if they don't give her a number (ideally a duet with Lea Michele). Jesse I thought was going to be intensely annoying at first, but by the end of the episode I really warmed to him. To borrow some wrestling-speak he's going to be an awesome dick heel.

Musically, I thought this was one of their strongest to date. Gives You Hell was bloody brilliant, as was HelloGoodbye. I can't wait until next week though. Specifically, I think Like a Prayer is going to be absolutely epic if the previews are anything to go by.

Also, did you know dolphins are just gay sharks? :lmao: