Glee

thatblindgeye

I got forced to watch this last night, saw the first 2 episodes (and will be again tonight)...meh, it's campy fun I guess, haven't really been dragged into it yet. That bird that's like the councillor who wanted a piece of Hiro in "Heroes" is gorgeous though.

Edited by YI

The last episode was great. The songs were my two of my favorite of the entire series so far except for "Don't Stop Believing" and "Somebody To Love". And you can't help but root for Emma to win over Will. And they do a great job of making you hate Terri. Overall, an excellent show that I look forward to each week.

• 2 weeks later...

YAY GLEE YAY GLEE YAY GLEE :D

*ahem*. Yeah, I love this show so very, very much. Jane Lynch is just amazing, but really, I don't have any character that I dislike. Even though everyone seems to hate Terri, I actually kind of like her for just how batshit crazy she is, and all of her interaction with Howard is so, so funny.

The music does make it though, and I love that in every episode there's always been one truly standout performance. Personal favourites of mine are "Take a Bow", "No Air" and "Hate on Me" but, really, I don't think there's been one song I've not been crazy about (maybe Somebody to Love, which is a bit weird since it was meant to be the big number, but it doesn't have the same value I think as Don't Stop Believing or Keep Holding On, both of which I remember a lot more).

Isn't Dollhouse gone until January? When Fox will air the remaining episodes then officially kill it?

Honestly I think they deserve some kind of award for giving the show a second chance. The only reason I can think to do that would be to try and apologise to the jaded Firefly fans.

...We're still not happy though. >_>

Yeah. I tried watching Dollhouse, and could not see what the big deal about the show was.

As for Glee, very upset I have to wait two weeks due to baseball. The episode that will be next sounds good, though, just as the most recent one was. One thing I wouldnt mind from the show is letting things stick longer, like Rachel's abandonment of Glee for another episode or two and Finn's abandonment for another episode as well. Not that I mind.

Agreed with Kats about every episode having at least one standout performance. I think seeing Emma sing was nice, but I didnt care for the song. Bust A Move was great and seeing Will sing and dance is a treat.

I do wonder if the show will last for a second season and what THAT could be about if it does, though. I really want it to so I can have more Glee goodness and songs. I would think another season leading to a competition would be a bit eh.

Isn't Dollhouse gone until January? When Fox will air the remaining episodes then officially kill it?

It is, I think, but the pre-empted night was prior to that announcement and they showed the most recent episode last Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. I REALLY loved this weeks Glee.

Three fan-dabi-dozi songs from the episode, which was basically about people with disabilities/being different being cast on with negativity by popular kids in school more or less. Dancing With Myself was a song I really dug and didnt even mind it taking on the HSM style of singing; Defying Gravity was incredible with Kurt and Rachel both singing it. I REALLY would have loved to have seen them both sing it at the same time to have their voices mesh together; then Proud Mary was a fan-dabi-dozi way to end this weeks episode.

Some will probably call it on being too quickly done or something, but I REALLY liked seeing Sue take Becky into the Cheerios, with Will thinking she has some motive behind it, and then revealing her own sister suffers from the same thing Becky does. As much of a bitch as Sue comes across, that was a really touching turn of events. I just hope they carry on with it instead of just having Sue go back to being super bitch.

Highly suggest checking the episode out, or at least just listening to the three songs featured.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

One thing that pissed me off was

the complete and utter lack of teasing the romance between Wheelchair and Stutter in previous weeks, at least that I can remember. If just thirty seconds were put aside in a couple of episodes leading up to this to including the two of them flirting, the scene where Wheelchair rejects Stutter would've been more powerful.

But other than that I agree with you, and that scene you mentioned was incredibly touching.

Yeah, really fantastic episode this week. Thusfar both episodes that have really focused on Kurt have paid off in a big way, his relationship with his dad is really touching and genuine. The Sue scene at nearly the end of the episode was very touching, too, Jane Lynch is such an amazing actress that she can pretty much make anything the writers throw at her make perfect sense.

For anyone interested, here is a link to the song that both Rachel and Kurt sang, except entirely done by Kurt, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Cf8_f9g30

I really prefer Kurt over Rachel doing the song, because I feel it was more Kurt singing straight from the heart and about what he is going through, whereas Rachel is singing to be the best.

I REALLY hope that we start seeing more than just Rachel being given the leads to songs/being the go-to person for songs. This most recent episode just shows that Artie and Kurt are perfectly capable of handling their own songs, and they have a good lot of talented singers to use.

• Like 1

I've been listening to four versions of Defying Gravity pretty much constantly since last week (Kurt & Rachel/Kurt/Rachel/Kristin Chenoweth & Idina Menzel, the original Broadway cast). I mean, it was just so, so awesome. Rachel's version was probably vocally the strongest - if only because Kurt does sound like he's straining a little bit at times - but in the actual episode, the emotion Kurt put in to that song and the build up to the point that he threw the final note...ugh. Heartbreaking and heartwarming a few minutes later when he had that conversation with his dad.

Also...yeah, seriously. Please can we have more Artie/Kurt/Puck singing, and considerably less of Finn? The son of Frankenstein isn't really fan-dabi-dozi at anything in this show. *sigh*.

Oh, and Brittany is very close to rivalling Sue as my favourite character. Although if Jane Lynch doesn't win all kinds of awards for her performance based on that episode alone...well, there's no justice.

Yeah, I hate that Finn is the male lead when Kurt, Artie, and Puck all have actors with far superior voices (Will too but he needs to stop doing ironic hip-hop numbers). His actor is funny enough to really nail the "Finn is fucking dumb" scenes ("Yeah! Sunlgasses! So nobody can see our eyes!"), but it's not a huge shock to hear that he doesn't have professional vocal training.

WAY LATE EDIT: Also Brittany rules. "Recipes... confuse me."

I just continue loving this show week after week. Even though things may feel rushed/too packed trying to fit everything in every week, I REALLY like the storylines they are doing becuase it just feels like something you would expect to see from a typical high school.

My only complaint is that I REALLY wanted to see Finn just walk up to Quinns father and say, "You know what? Fuck you. You're a fucking coward for tossing your daughter out, and although I made a mistake in getting her pregnant, at least IM man enough to make things right and be there for her."

Really loved the ending song. It was touching, although I think something like that would have had A LOT more impact had the first season been about the cool kids being apprehensive towards the Glee stuff, with Season Two being a turn around for them. Still enjoyed the number regardless, though.

And I may be the only one who doesnt hate Finn. Sure, he isnt as good as others, but considering his background with singing, I think he is good.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

I just wish some storylines would fizzle out, especially Schue's wife. She annoys me.

I agree with the Finn comment, I really wish he woulda done something to Quinn's Dad. I think it would have went off better than it did.

Also, Endless Love was fantastic. One of my favorite songs that they have ever done. Next week's preview looks pretty good. They have to have Eve sing at some point, right?

And I agree with your take on Finn, I like him a lot. He was my favorite guy on the show, however Kurt has been growing on me lately. He just seems to be funny in any scene he is in.