Glee

thatblindgeye

I honestly thought that last night's episode ranks easily in my top 3 Glee episodes of all time. Obviously the GaGa love gets approval from me, but I just thought it was a really, really strong episode, and it says something that there was no Sue whatsoever in it. I like that in the past two weeks they've developed Tina and Artie from the background a fair bit (and it was nice to see Tina not just as "Artie's sort-of girlfriend"), and that throughout this back 9 they've also worked a lot on characters like Quinn, Puck and especially Santana. That girl has got awesome vocals, how they didn't feature her more in the first half I don't know.

The Kurt/Burt/Finn scene was awesome though. Mike O'Malley has been so, so, so good in his role in pretty much every episode he's been in, and we finally got something of a pay off tonight from the tension between him and Kurt in the past few weeks. Kurt sort of still needs his comeuppance a bit for essentially goading Finn in to launching that tirade (although not to the degree that Finn went), but I think the realisation once and for all that his biggest crush is never going to be anything more than that is probably gonna hit him hard.

Oh, also, having heard previews for the "Journey to Regionals EP", there's a bit of a spoiler involved here with one of the songs:

They perform Don't Stop Believing again, except this time, Puck and Santana appear to be singing at least part of the lead vocals.

Apparently the show has now been renewed for a THIRD season already, which I think is great. In addition to that, Santana and Brittany being upped to regular cast for season two rather than recurring stars is another piece of good news since they are both a highlight to see. Santana really can sing and Brittany needs more scenes.

Yeah, more Santana and Brittany is awesome. Heather Morris (actress who plays Brittany) said they should have it so that her first real solo singing piece is in the Britney Spears episode that they keep on talking about, which...yeah, that would be awesome.

Oh, and one thing, where the hell was Jesse in this episode? That was the one problem I had with it, his sudden disappearance made no sense, unless we're meant to believe he's already gone back to Vocal Adrenaline.

Oh, and one thing, where the hell was Jesse in this episode?

He did his job, so I really doubt we'll see him again beyond Regionals.

Yeah, even if Vocal Adrenaline beats New Directions in Regionals, isn't Jesse a senior or something?

Seriously great episode last night, this is what the Madonna episode should have been; I have zero interest in Lady Gaga and the songs didn't resonate with me at all, but that's okay because there was so much more to it than just being the Lady Gaga episode. The Finn/Kurt situation was perfectly done, with both characters' personality flaws triggering the meltdown so neither comes out as being saintlike, which is good because, well, pretty much everyone on the show is damaged goods in some way except for maybe Jesse. I'm pretty sick of the bully characters, though; it's one of those situations where they've put so much effort into making characters unlikable that they actually become hard to watch (it doesn't help that the actors really ham up the Jerk Jock stuff). As a way of giving resolution to two of the bigger subplots of the back nine (Rachel and Shelby, Kurt's continual attempts to get closer to Finn) so we can finally get back to Regionals, this episode really worked and I too would rate it in my top tier of Glee episodes ("Sectionals" and "Preggers" are probably the other two of my top three, with "Mattress," "Dream On," and maybe "Wheels" waiting in the wings).

Plus? It was nice to see Tina actually get an episode to show anything resembling a real character whatsoever. It's hilarious how overshadowed she is by basically the entire cast, even much of the recurring cast.

I'm gonna put this out there. The Morrison/NPH duet of "Dream On" is the best scene in the whole show since it started. Both men were in their singing element and the whole scene just worked so well. It's the only scene I've watched over and over again because I enjoyed it so much

• Like 1

I'm gonna put this out there. The Morrison/NPH duet of "Dream On" is the best scene in the whole show since it started. Both men were in their singing element and the whole scene just worked so well. It's the only scene I've watched over and over again because I enjoyed it so much

I'd have to wholeheartedly disagree, while it was probably in the top three songs, top scene for me definitely goes to Kurt's dad's confrontation with Finn. Just...so wonderful.

I'd have to wholeheartedly disagree, while it was probably in the top three songs, top scene for me definitely goes to Kurt's dad's confrontation with Finn. Just...so wonderful.

Alright then. Let me rephrase. It was the best singing scene since the show began. I'll concede best scene to Kurt/Finn/Burt

Edited by The Inquisition

Outside of the Kurt/'s dad and Finn stuff, that was by a long distance the worst episode since it started - how can you take artists like KISS and Lady Gaga and have almost all the numbers fall totally flat?

Luckily I honestly don't care in the slightest for either artist, so that was never a factor. The "Bad Romance" number felt like karaoke, "Poker Face" was just... yeah, very puzzling to use during that scene, and I imagine the KISS number was very karaoke as well. As odd as it might sound I really don't watch Glee for the music but for the characters, and from a character standpoint this episode hit all the marks it needed to hit.