General Television Thread

Hellfire

Like I say, I can never really decide which I prefer. Jason Segel edges it out most of the time though. One of my favourite things about Freaks and Geeks/Undeclared isn't even from the shows though, it's the 'Spot the Alumini' game that can be played on most TV show's nowadays. tongue.gif

Yeah, they're everywhere. Dave "Gruber" Allan just appeared on Party Down last week, Carla Gallo made a couple of appearances in the third season of Mad Men (on the DVD commentary, I believe Matthew Weiner said he cast her because he loved her work on Undeclared), Samm Levine was in Inglourious Basterds and whenever any TV show needs someone to play a geek for a one-shot appearance half the time they go to him or Martin Starr...

Watched up to the most recent episode of Royal Pains last night. USA seems to have alot of these type of shows, they're fun, have some good characters and are easy to watch. Perfect summertime viewing. Today I'm catching up with Justified, which is a really good show that just wrapped up its first season and hasn't gotten enough good things said about it. I mean seriously, Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins in middle of nowhere Kentucky, shooting rednecks and blowing up meth labs. What's not to love?

Oh yeah, definitely. Justified's season finale was fucking awesome and makes the season completely worth it, despite how slow and plodding it could get.

Yup, Justified is fantastic, I enjoyed every episode. Walton Goggings is amazing.

Also, if anyone was planning on watching the Rubicon pilot; don't. It's fucking boring and cliché.

Bones loves their F&G Alumini too, they cast John Francis Daley (who got tall) as a main cast member and Carla Gallo is his girlfriend/finace who is an occasional part of their team. I think like half the cast of F&G have turned up in How I Met Your Mother at some point and there were a few instances of crossover with Buffy, I think. Busy Phillips also appears in Cougar Town now, which isn't a half bad show.

I've only seen the first season of HIMYM, but I clearly remember both Martin Starr and Alexis Denisof (naturally, since he's also Alyson Hannigan's husband on top of being Buffyverse alumni) appearing in there.

Just watched the first half of the Dating Game parody episode of Wipeout. It's entertaining enough (especially after the really unstructured "here's the ones who are obviously moving on but uh there were other people on this show too so let's glance at them" first round) but god, are the hosts insufferable at least 50% of the time. The guy who hosted that one awful Spike TV show and, I think, was a Talk Soup host needs to go away forever.

I missed Leverage when it aired but I caught the first episode last night and i'm about to watch the second. Really good way to start off the season and its going to give every episode meaning, as its all going to build up to the final takedown. One of the small things I didn't like about past seasons is that sometimes it seemed like the episodes were separate from one another. I think this will help quite a bit.

Beav is on Party Down :w00t:

Yeah, that was awesome. Poor Beaver. sad.gif

Also yes, I agree with everything Hellfire said about the new series of Leverage. Great stuff and an overarching storyline is just what the show needs. That and more Eliot/Hardison/Parker. I want a few more episodes that delve into their pasts like we got previously (The Orphanage Con, The Horse Con and just more of Hardison being a nerd). The dance with Parker and Hardison was nice too, I love their chemistry. wub.gif

Also "I hope you're all enjoying your dance! What about me, huh? Anyone wondering If I'm still alive! Huh!? HELLO!?"

There's a new IT Crowd this Friday, I'm excited! And a fifth season has already been commissioned too.

But why only 6 episodes. :(

It's British comedy, they're pretty much always only 6 episodes long... Max and Paddy, Black Books, Fawlty Towers and so on and so forth.

The episode is quite good, by the way. It's on 4oD if you're from England, if not, I found it sitting around on a torrent site a few days ago that's probably quite easy to find again.

Naw, from Canada - I'll take a look for it. IT Crowd is a show that I can watch over and over again and laugh at, a rarity for me. I watched the episode where they went to 'Gay - The Musical' last night and I still lose my shit and burst out laughing everytime I see Roy trying to act disabled in the wheelchair.

"How were you disabled?"

"...Acid..."

tongue.gif

Graham Linehan is genius, he's the man behind both IT Crowd and Black Books. The whole cast is just great, I love Matt Berry in it and Chris Morris was amazing as Denim. I can't help but laugh at least once an episode on rewatching. I don't think they've ever topped the gun moment though.