General Television Thread

Hellfire

Party Down finale was awesome. Songs about the Holocaust? Yes indeed. Planted the seeds for the departure of several main characters, which sucks but can't really be helped. So yea, two thumbs up.

Rewatching Big Bang Theory, the first series is so much better than the third. I know they had to get together eventually, but the show feels a little hollowed out lately. It's gone from being funny over the top nerdy to the occasional kind of geeky pop culture reference and general Chuck Lorre humour. Which I don't mind, it's just not as awesome as it formerly was.

Loved Lost Season 2. I keep hearing about the dip in quality, but right now - I love it. This season I think they found the perfect balance in revealing some secrets and leaving so many questions unanswered. I have so many questions, but only a few answers.

Loved Lost Season 2. I keep hearing about the dip in quality, but right now - I love it. This season I think they found the perfect balance in revealing some secrets and leaving so many questions unanswered. I have so many questions, but only a few answers.

I'm pretty sure that's the tagline for the whole series.

Season 2 was awesome. Probably my favourite season. I need to get back around to watching that, actually.

I finally started watching Freaks and Geeks. It's not what I expected at all - I expected Seth Rogen and co to just be making dicks of themselves, acting the same sort of way as Rogen and his friends from Knocked Up - but it's fucking awesome. Reminds me of The Wonder Years a bit with Sam and his friends, which is good because I fucking love that show. And the lead girl is cute and awesome. I'm like seven episodes in now, I think I'll watch a few more later on. Pretty gutted it got cancelled, if it had a few more seasons and the quality was the same it'd probably be one of my absolute favourites of all time.

Watching Hung, I do like the show (Mostly for Jane and Lenore) but christ, Tanya is the fuckin worst character ever. She's a fucking terrible pimp, why would Ray keep her around? I mean christ, if I had a friend I worked with who was doing a terrible job, I'd fire them. It's business. hmm.gif Not only that, but she's annoying as hell!

So I just finished watching Smallville. It took me 2 months but it's finally done. Anyways, I really liked season 9 and definitely interested to see what happens in it's final season. And Justin Hartley deserves his own spin-off or something, as he's been a real bright spot on the show.

Now I just need to find something else to watch.

Holy shit! The guy who played Luke in Buffy is the same guy who played The Judge? I'm surprised I never learned this until now.

Also was nice to see Enver Gjokaj in Lie to Me. smile.gif One of the few good parts of Dollhouse.

Holy shit! The guy who played Luke in Buffy is the same guy who played The Judge? I'm surprised I never learned this until now.

Also was nice to see Enver Gjokaj in Lie to Me. smile.gif One of the few good parts of Dollhouse.

You have just lost Whedon points :angry:

Is anyone watching Louis CK's new show on FX? It's dark, awkward, and hilarious. Here's just a sample of the writing:

"Sex is simple. A man puts his penis into the woman's vagina... and then she dies."

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I don't think it's as blowaway amazing as some people but it's very funny and it's got such a strong voice and approach. The fact that it's really just sort of a series of short films with some standup really makes it work.

I watched the première of Covert Affairs last night, which I'm sure some of you know about from the adverts all over the net the last few weeks. It's not bad. Not great by any means, but I enjoyed the hour or so I spent watching it. It's a USA show, which is pretty strange considering relationships seem to be a fairly big part of it. I'm assuming it'll be the usual 'case of the week' style they employ for everything, but so long as there's plenty of Peter Gallagher and the blind guy, I think I'll keep up with it for the time being. I'd give it a watch if you want something new to follow. Like I say, It's not the best thing ever, but it's perfectly fine. The woman from Coyote Ugly is fit as well, which helps.

Alias bored me to tears from the get go. This didn't really. Might want to get used to it Zero, seeing as JJ Abrams is pretty much rebooting it and combining it with Mr. And Mrs. Smith for his next show.

Plus, Peter Gallagher. smile.gif