General Television Thread

Hellfire

As far as shows that absolutely nobody is watching goes, The LA Complex is pretty great for a CW drama. Maybe because it's actually a Canadian import.

I really enjoy it as well. I think it's a pretty solid show and they are telling some good stories while not always taking itself too seriously.

Casting Alan Thicke as basically a parody of Kirk Cameron was pretty genius.

Agreed. Plus, he's Alan Thicke and Alan Thicke is just plain awesome.

He's a recurring guest. He's in the first and last episode of season one and both episodes of season two thusfar, playing an over-the-top version of himself. So if you end up watching the pilot at least you know you're going to get some Tompkins (Mary Lynn Rajskub's in it as herself too).

Also, Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly) is in it too, playing... not quite herself but pretty clearly inspired by her (a working actress most famous for a cult TV show she did a decade ago that she's unable to escape from).

Season 5, episode 5 of The Wire

Man, Omar is badass! Jumping off of the balcony and vanishing like Batman. A really good episode....but McNaulty is still being a bad man and lying!

:angry:

Also, I'm guessing one of Chris and Snoop, as well as Dookie will end up in a body bag by the end of the season.

Episode 6

Kidnapping the homeless man!? That's just horrible

:( I felt so bad for him when he was about to cry! :crying:

Episode 9 spoiler

So, I was right about one of Chris and Snoop ending up dead. And Dookie might as well be considered dead. Such an unhappy ending for that kid :/

Only one more episode to go :o

He wouldn't do an entire series, no, but he'd probably make guest spots. TV is becoming huge for big stars lately, so I don't see why not.

I could see that being suited well for a revival of the TV movie concept, or perhaps another series that focuses on the ancillary characters of the Hulk's world, but a regular Hulk-focused 13-22 episode per season series would need him for every episode. I'd love to be wrong about Ruffalo not being game for that, though.

EDIT: And yes, in concept, I agree with Benji.

He wouldn't do an entire series, no, but he'd probably make guest spots. TV is becoming huge for big stars lately, so I don't see why not.

I could see that being suited well for a revival of the TV movie concept, or perhaps another series that focuses on the ancillary characters of the Hulk's world, but a regular Hulk-focused 13-22 episode per season series would need him for every episode. I'd love to be wrong about Ruffalo not being game for that, though.

EDIT: And yes, in concept, I agree with Benji.

Well, obviously if the TV show would be based on the Hulk, then yeah he'd have to be in all of them. But I was referring to an Avengers TV show.

Guest mr. potato head

Just finished the most recent episode of The Newsroom. Wonderful use of Sorkin-patented plot device psychiatrists and also ditzy women!

EDIT: I will say that while a death threat in online comments was really over-the-top, the characters' general opinion about online commenters on news sites mirror that of every real-world journalist I know.

Edited by mr. potato head

I'd be game for that. I still need to watch season 2 of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and it seems like I'm always watching DC animated movies.