General Television Thread

Hellfire

Bodie was my favorite. I love his death, though, because it displayed the difference between Bodie and most others on the street; when Chris and Snoop came for anyone else in season 4, they just quietly accepted their deaths. Bodie, though, wasn't going to go out like that.

Bodie was my favorite. I love his death, though, because it displayed the difference between Bodie and most others on the street; when Chris and Snoop came for anyone else in season 4, they just quietly accepted their deaths. Bodie, though, wasn't going to go out like that.

Yeah, I did like that Bodie went out guns blazing and didn't just lie down and accept it. Still, though. :(

Yeah, I did like that Bodie went out guns blazing and didn't just lie down and accept it. Still, though. :(

:crying:

I have been given access to HBO Go. Society may never hear from me again.

Seriously, I'm gonna be all over this. Now I can catch up quickly on Newsroom, then I'll move on to either The Wire or GoT (depending on when GoT has another season.)

Plus, Deadwood, Curb, re-watching The Sopranos, SO MANY THINGS.

I am going to ignore all the dumb shit and instead be happy that Community finally has at least one Emmy nomination, even if it's just a writing Emmy for "Remedial Chaos Theory."

Apparently Downton Abbey is the drama version of Modern Family.

The Best Comedy category is horrible. The only shows that deserve to be there are Curb and Veep, maybe 30 Rock (haven't seen it). Modern Family wasn't good at all last season, Big Bang is a joke and Girls is alright but totally overhyped. I was hoping that at least Louie would make it, or Parks and Rec (obviously Community was not going to happen).

Edited by fr34k

I'm not the biggest Big Bang Theory fan in the world, and it's certainly a bit shit a lot of the time, but I don't see how anything else could win it. Sure I'm not American so I probably can't judge adequately with the target audience, but it's bloody huge over here. Moreso than any other comedy on TV, except for maybe Friends >_>. So to me, it seems quite obvious that it'd be a favourite. 30 rock is pretty awesome, but it certainly doesn't have the audience that BBT does.