General Television Thread

Hellfire

I would say so. I don't want to come in here and see The West Wing spoiled for me, or any other show I haven't watched yet like The Wire. Some of us wern't around to catch the original airing, so I think the spoiler tags are respectful and useful.

• Like 1

...do we really need to be spoiler-tagging things that aired 17 months ago? :P

In a general thread? Well yeah, I don't want to be a dick and spoil something for someone, that's why they're called spoiler tags. I try err on the side of caution for the benefit of other people because I'm a considerate person.

I would say so. I don't want to come in here and see The West Wing spoiled for me, or any other show I haven't watched yet like The Wire. Some of us wern't around to catch the original airing, so I think the spoiler tags are respectful and useful.

If someone spoiled The Wire for me I would cut them. I would cut them so fucking bad.

Speaking of The Wire...just watched season 4, episode 3.

Man, kids are fucking EVIL. I would hate to be a teacher. And that girl got cut in the face! Although...Dookie confused me. Why was he fixing the fan, and why did he use it on that girl?

Also, I like the Randy fellow :shifty: Pretty sure he's gonna die, though.

Just got the first episode of The Newsroom over here and I liked it a lot. I wouldn't say it's as good as The West Wing or Studio 60 pilot but I dug the first episode and I'm happy to have a current series to be watching on television again now that Mad Men's over.

Just got the first episode of The Newsroom over here and I liked it a lot. I wouldn't say it's as good as The West Wing or Studio 60 pilot but I dug the first episode and I'm happy to have a current series to be watching on television again now that Mad Men's over.

I think it gets better with each subsequent episode thus far, with the third one being very very good.

And all this West Wing talk I'm gonna have to go back and watch that. I think I watched 1.5 seasons and then quit, and I for the life of me can't remember why.

Guest mr. potato head

I think it gets better with each subsequent episode thus far, with the third one being very very good.

And all this West Wing talk I'm gonna have to go back and watch that. I think I watched 1.5 seasons and then quit, and I for the life of me can't remember why.

Trust me, if you like The Newsroom this much, you'll love The West Wing. It's got two-dimensional characters and everything!

Trust me, if you like The Newsroom this much, you'll love The West Wing. It's got two-dimensional characters and everything!

...and if you like Studio 60 or SportsNight. I am convinced Sorkin just took all his scripts from SportsNight, The West Wing and SportsNight into a computer program and changed the setting to a TV cable show and out come The Newsroom plots. It's like a Sorkin clip show.