General Television Thread

Hellfire

... and then the disc doesn't play on my laptop, probably because there appears to be a large scratch on the back of it. Fucking Netflix.

Damn you Netflix!

I'm watching Justified at the moment as well, got a couple of episodes of the first season left and it is truly amazing and really fun.

Just wait until you get to the second season. The first is good but god damn, Season 2 is tremendous.

Right you are. Just finished with Season 2 and it really was way better than the first, although that was great too. Here's hoping that you people are right and Season 3 is even better still.

... and then the disc doesn't play on my laptop, probably because there appears to be a large scratch on the back of it. Fucking Netflix.

Damn you Netflix!

I'm watching Justified at the moment as well, got a couple of episodes of the first season left and it is truly amazing and really fun.

Just wait until you get to the second season. The first is good but god damn, Season 2 is tremendous.

Right you are. Just finished with Season 2 and it really was way better than the first, although that was great too. Here's hoping that you people are right and Season 3 is even better still.

Season 3 has my favorite villain on a TV show in a long time, which is great because prior to S3 S2 had my favorite villains on a TB show in a long time.

Just started watching The Wire last night. Watched the first two episodes and thought it was kinda boring, but I don't wanna stop watching it at the same time.

I was almost certain the black guy (Lt. Cedric something) was the CIA head guy from Homeland (but bulked up/chubbier) but its not!

I also thought I saw Rusty from LA Noire, but it's not him :(

Definitely stick with The Wire. It took me a while to get used to the pace (which is not a fault of the show, but a fault of me only being used to other shows), but it's simply the best show that's ever been made, hands down.

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

Just started watching The Wire last night. Watched the first two episodes and thought it was kinda boring, but I don't wanna stop watching it at the same time.

I was almost certain the black guy (Lt. Cedric something) was the CIA head guy from Homeland (but bulked up/chubbier) but its not!

Though the now-dead black sniper guy from Homeland turning up in The Newsroom was a bit surreal.

The world wasn't always 16:9. Get used to it.

I don't even remember the last time I saw anything that wasn't 16:9.

And I was only asking a question which no one answered, I don't care if it's like that or not, but thought maybe the later series' would be widescreen.

Though the now-dead black sniper guy from Homeland turning up in The Newsroom was a bit surreal.

Is he the guy who hates Obama? I knew I recognized that guy!

And my love for The Newsroom continues. Episode 2 was so good.

I actually didn't like the second episode of The Newsroom as much as the first but I'll still keep watching.

Finished with Justified, looking forward to the next season. Regarding Season 3...

The final minutes were heartbreaking. Arlo sacrificing himself for Boyd and basically stating (well Boyd did, but you get what I mean) that Boyd is more like a son to him than Raylan was pretty brutal. The finale was also my favorite episode of the season, second to "Thick as Mud" probably.